Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An older rider jumped into my front seat and URINATED in my car on a short 20 minute ride. I immediately reported the incident and was told the damage claim had to be escalated due to "lack of proof" and this is what the escalation team sent and my reply to it...

Attachments

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you pick up/drop off this person at their home? (So that you know where they live?) Do you have any dashcam footage (For identifying the pax)? Also, have you contacted your personal auto insurance? It's up to you, but if it were me, I'd go directly to the pax house and inform them you will be putting in a small claims lawsuit if they don't pay for the damage....and then do it. Let us know how this plays out. Sorry this happened to you!
I DO know where they live as this is not the first time I have driven them but Lyft has policies covering these types of incidents and should be held accountable. I am NOT going to my personal insurance or filing a claim in court as I think we both know that will not solve my immediate issue or work in my best interest. Appreciate your ideas but no thanks

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I understand....but please don't let Lyft off the hook. If you have to, open an Arbitration claim. This is unacceptable. ESPECIALLY since this is your FRONT seat, where most likely your family sits when in the car with you. BTW, was there more than one pax with her on this ride? Just curious why you let her sit in front.
She immediately got in the front seat without asking. I guess this was on time I should have ignored my up bringing about being nice and polite to your elders

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So is it just smell or your seat literally have liquid pee?

I had old woman in car. My entire car smell like pee. But the seat isn't wet. I think it's just woman problem.
Trust me, when she got out there was liquid evident and she immediately grabbed tissues from her purse to wipe it down. She was apologetic but that doesn't help at all. And obviously because my seats are leather the excess ran under the seat and has shorted my sensors

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Be glad you didn’t get into a punching match with this lady… she might have even left you a bigger nastier surprise if you had…

Imagine the smell and clean up if she had shit herself as well… 💩💩
Well I am not a glass half full kind of girl. I am a realist and had there been a punching match I would have most certainly been the winner

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
LOL the so called airbag & sensors are made to get wet not short out. They will dry in a few days after a good cleaning this is normal in some cars . Most newer cars they are completely sealed so this does not happen but either way they will never short out. They have good cleaning things to remove the smell 100% been in the biz for 40 years.
Well its been a week and the sensors are STILL malfunctioning so I guess you have the capacity to be wrong but thats not even the point. The point is that in every situation human waste is a biohazard and you should be dealt with as such! I mean we were required to wear a stupid mask for an invisible disease but a puddle of urine and it causing issues to the cars electrical system is no big deal? Whatever. And by the way, the "good cleaning" is exactly what I requested and was denied

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Always true 100%. That is 100% by design. Do you really think car manufactures would allow a short and catch fire if your kid pissed pants? Stop and think a min.
Well maybe they SHOULD have considered it but they didn't. The fact is that the sensors worked fine when I picked her up and now they don't and I hadn't even considered the heating issue. I am getting madder by the minute!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts