Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An older rider jumped into my front seat and URINATED in my car on a short 20 minute ride. I immediately reported the incident and was told the damage claim had to be escalated due to "lack of proof" and this is what the escalation team sent and my reply to it...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
An older rider jumped into my front seat and URINATED in my car on a short 20 minute ride. I immediately reported the incident and was told the damage claim had to be escalated due to "lack of proof" and this is what the escalation team sent and my reply to it...
Did you pick up/drop off this person at their home? (So that you know where they live?) Do you have any dashcam footage (For identifying the pax)? Also, have you contacted your personal auto insurance? It's up to you, but if it were me, I'd go directly to the pax house and inform them you will be putting in a small claims lawsuit if they don't pay for the damage....and then do it. Let us know how this plays out. Sorry this happened to you!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you pick up/drop off this person at their home? (So that you know where they live?) Do you have any dashcam footage (For identifying the pax)? Also, have you contacted your personal auto insurance? It's up to you, but if it were me, I'd go directly to the pax house and inform them you will be putting in a small claims lawsuit if they don't pay for the damage....and then do it. Let us know how this plays out. Sorry this happened to you!
I DO know where they live as this is not the first time I have driven them but Lyft has policies covering these types of incidents and should be held accountable. I am NOT going to my personal insurance or filing a claim in court as I think we both know that will not solve my immediate issue or work in my best interest. Appreciate your ideas but no thanks

·
Premium Member
11,535 Posts
Lyft has policies covering these types of incidents and should be held accountable.
Carry one of these fake novelty items in your vehicle. The next time some pax pisses on your seat, toss this in the middle of it before you take pictures of the damage.
Food Ingredient Staple food Dish Cuisine

·
Registered
211 Posts
When it comes to a Pax making a mess in my vehicle, Uber has always been quick and sent over the funds w/o hassle. Lyft, on the other hand, could take days and they often reject fluids so I learned to just use photo's I would send to Uber and re-send them to Lyft. Lyft checks the photo's time stamp date or whatever it's called so I would just take a screen shot of the pic and done. Call me shady but I'm sorry, I hated the fact that a Pax would get away with it through Lyft so I had to improvise to insure I got my $150 (that was the max I would ever get in the SoFlo market).

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
I DO know where they live as this is not the first time I have driven them but Lyft has policies covering these types of incidents and should be held accountable. I am NOT going to my personal insurance or filing a claim in court as I think we both know that will not solve my immediate issue or work in my best interest. Appreciate your ideas but no thanks
I understand....but please don't let Lyft off the hook. If you have to, open an Arbitration claim. This is unacceptable. ESPECIALLY since this is your FRONT seat, where most likely your family sits when in the car with you. BTW, was there more than one pax with her on this ride? Just curious why you let her sit in front.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
So is it just smell or your seat literally have liquid pee?

I had old woman in car. My entire car smell like pee. But the seat isn't wet. I think it's just woman problem.
Liquid pee according to attached email response by OP…

Old women are supposed to smell like pee according to you? 🤔🤣

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I understand....but please don't let Lyft off the hook. If you have to, open an Arbitration claim. This is unacceptable. ESPECIALLY since this is your FRONT seat, where most likely your family sits when in the car with you. BTW, was there more than one pax with her on this ride? Just curious why you let her sit in front.
She immediately got in the front seat without asking. I guess this was on time I should have ignored my up bringing about being nice and polite to your elders

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So is it just smell or your seat literally have liquid pee?

I had old woman in car. My entire car smell like pee. But the seat isn't wet. I think it's just woman problem.
Trust me, when she got out there was liquid evident and she immediately grabbed tissues from her purse to wipe it down. She was apologetic but that doesn't help at all. And obviously because my seats are leather the excess ran under the seat and has shorted my sensors

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
She immediately got in the front seat without asking. I guess this was on time I should have ignored my up bringing about being nice and polite to your elders
Be glad you didn’t get into a punching match with this lady… she might have even left you a bigger nastier surprise if you had…

Imagine the smell and clean up if she had shit herself as well… 💩💩

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Be glad you didn’t get into a punching match with this lady… she might have even left you a bigger nastier surprise if you had…

Imagine the smell and clean up if she had shit herself as well… 💩💩
Well I am not a glass half full kind of girl. I am a realist and had there been a punching match I would have most certainly been the winner

·
Registered
941 Posts
Sorry to hear about your seats. Please keep us update to see if Lyft update anything .

I personally don't care if pax sit in front of not. I actually prefer they sit in front so I know what they been doing and they normally tip if sit in front and chat.

·
Premium Member
29,220 Posts
Does your area have a "7 on your side" consumer reporter? Maybe try that. Downside is everyone will know you drive for Lyft.

Also do what other poster suggested.

Get an estimate from a few places for a replacement of your front seat. Average the estimates and file a small claims case against "Jane Doe" defendant.

You might have to subpoena Lyft for her information unless you can get it from knowing where she lives.

Let Lyft know that you filed suit.

They may want to settle it with you to avoid more bad publicity.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts