Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Petrol at $165 or $175. Already you guys are paying what I used to pay for premium. As the price goes up our net income comes down. Drivers will realise and vote with their feet. Only last year we were seeing $1.10 at the bowsers. But the world is changing.
Drivers will make it up with volume

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
This will probably be Uber's spin on the higher gas prices:

Attention Partners,
With the price of gas rising worldwide we are happy to proclaim that there will be more riders as a result. Which in turn means more business for our partners and more earnings. With that being said we will not be raising our per mile and per minute rates.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Greetings to you in Nigeria... I expect to drive an extra hour on top of my 10 hours.... I expect if I coast downhill for that extra hour I won't use any extra gas.
The Reaper - Hypemiling is a great strategy to save gas and I see you are well 'tuned on' by your coasting strategy. Money saved on gas is money you can invest in your business experience!

Please keep your driving to acceptable shifts and stay safe!

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Petrol at $165 or $175. Already you guys are paying what I used to pay for premium. As the price goes up our net income comes down. Drivers will realise and vote with their feet. Only last year we were seeing $1.10 at the bowsers. But the world is changing.
I thought we had it tough in Melbourne with petrol at about $1.40 give or take.But at $165-$175 you guys in Sydney are getting ripped off, especially when you were only paying $1.10 last year.;):eek:

·
Premium Member
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Reaper - Hypemiling is a great strategy to save gas and I see you are well 'tuned on' by your coasting strategy. Money saved on gas is money you can invest in your business experience!

Please keep your driving to acceptable shifts and stay safe!
I found 1667 instances of your avatar on the internet.. you are a popular girl.
Practically speaking I think I will be doing a lot more drop off and sitting in one spot rather than cruising for jobs as I tend to do now.
I know diesels are economical on trips but do they do as well around town. In previous threads a lot of petrol vehicles get about 8l/100Km as does mine but has anyone got good diesel figure around town? Maybe an Hyundai I30 HDI would be about the best rideshare car?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Greetings to you in Nigeria... I expect to drive an extra hour on top of my 10 hours.... I expect if I coast downhill for that extra hour I won't use any extra gas.
Nigerians had a real life rebellion against Uber and now Taxify is King there. Literally all the drivers just swapped to Taxify and the passengers had to swap too all or not be able to get a ride.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I found 1667 instances of your avatar on the internet.. you are a popular girl.
Practically speaking I think I will be doing a lot more drop off and sitting in one spot rather than cruising for jobs as I tend to do now.
I know diesels are economical on trips but do they do as well around town. In previous threads a lot of petrol vehicles get about 8l/100Km as does mine but has anyone got good diesel figure around town? Maybe an Hyundai I30 HDI would be about the best rideshare car?
Stalker?

·
Premium Member
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
petrol in OZ is already cheap, in 2001 it was hitting $1 a litre for the first time, now, with the average of everything doubling in price every 10 years, it should be well over $2.00 or even $2.50 a litre now, like it is in almost all of Europe.

so suck it up.
It will be the way its going and I don't like the taste of unleaded... thanx:p:p:p

·
Registered
137 Posts
petrol in OZ is already cheap, in 2001 it was hitting $1 a litre for the first time, now, with the average of everything doubling in price every 10 years, it should be well over $2.00 or even $2.50 a litre now, like it is in almost all of Europe.

so suck it up.
The price of petrol is directly linked to the price of oil and the value of the Aus$. In 2008 a barrel of oil hit A$180 and the A$ was worth about US 80 cents.At that time,petrol in Aus peaked at about $1.75 per litre. At that time,the oil companies stated that a $1 move in the oil price equalled a 1c move at the bowser and a 1c move in the A$ also equalled a 1c move at the bowser.Given that oil is now about $60 per barrel and the A$ is roughly the same,the price at the bowser should be well below $1.The reason this has not happened is,as we have seen in the Royal Commission, is because the bigger the company,the bigger the capacity to CHEAT.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts