Uber Drivers Forum banner
81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Read about her. Her mother did not mind the night shift. She wanted the day shift. She just started . So young. RIp.
Got the cash and still shot her.
Related somewhat. One of our pizza guys was set up sunday. Made to sit on a step while taking all his stuff . And car.
But after they got all his stuff. They beat on his hands and ribs...nothing broken..
I honestly think that some of these criminals hate females, the way I see them hurt women… it’s only when I came to America that I saw this level of wicked physical force that men use against women… I once saw a schoolboy fighting a schoolgirl, and I could not believe the level of force he was heaping on the girl… I was shocked… I wondered if he had a mother or sister… I had to jump in and pulled him off the girl, at great risk to myself!

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
LMAO this is so woefully tone deaf. Yikes. Yeah it's not like Americans are being murdered in the streets like dogs by the militarized police forces that have been trained to see us as subhuman enemy combatants and urged to kill us.

All the guns in the world won't stop their cyberattacks, psyops, tanks, drones, and directed energy weapons. Good luck.
Where do you live? Im a Native of Arizona for 50 years. Ive never experienced a molitarized cop in our city. Then again Im a law abiding citizen. Got pulled 2 weeks ago with a 9mm on my hip, informed the officer an he asked me too keep my hands on the wheel. What a concept huh? Please stay in your trash part of the country. You have no one too blame but yourself.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Where do you live? Im a Native of Arizona for 50 years. Ive never experienced a molitarized cop in our city. Then again Im a law abiding citizen. Got pulled 2 weeks ago with a 9mm on my hip, informed the officer an he asked me too keep my hands on the wheel. What a concept huh? Please stay in your trash part of the country. You have no one too blame but yourself.
Believe it or not, your personal anecdote doesn't disprove that a proven problem exists.

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
I was actually replying to someone who made an unsupported statement. AND I asked them to provide evidence. They still haven't. No one still has. You all just keep spinning fantasy webs.
The argument that if there were no guns in circulation, there would be no gun crime is obviously correct, by definition. However, this argument is all well and good, but it is of no practical use to anyone. Disarming Americans will never happen due to the fact that guns and shooting people are an inextricable part of American culture and American identity. The Founding Fathers considered guns to be so important to the fabric of the new country that they cemented the right to carry them into the Constitution. This is very unusual (the US is one of only three countries in the world to do this) but perhaps understandable given the real risk at that time of the British returning to try to recolonise the territory.

Of course, the Founding Fathers did not intertwine the gun with the definition of America in order that, 230 years later, regular American citizens could go around shooting each other, in acts of crime. They evidently did not predict this eventuality, nor did they predict the developments in society that would mean that the average citizen would eventually no longer need to protect themself with firearms against tyrannical governments in their own territory. Interestingly, I saw a poster write above that he believed that Australians should not have given up their guns because they could have used them against the Australian government when it imposed mask mandates and Covid restrictions. That kind of thinking is a fascinating direct cultural carry-down from the perspective held 230 years ago in 1791 during the time of American (and also French) revolutions. It's amazing that Americans still think along those lines, even though they are clearly antiquated. As evidenced by recent events, attempts to challenge the institution of government by force nowadays in the 2020s, when Americans stormed their own Congress, results in outrage from the public and the perpetrators put in jail as criminals. In the modern age, if one wants to change the government, one runs for office and tries to change it from within, instead of picking up a musket and joining a militia.

Returning to the olden days, guns were also a requirement for pioneers who wanted to survive the so-called American Indian conflicts as the new Americans pushed the native Americans off their lands in what would be the wild west and the deep south. Guns soon became a defining feature of American culture, from the beginning of the country and they have been ever since. This can easily be seen in who the American folk heroes and anti-heroes were and are - gunfighters feature heavily throughout: Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday, Jessie James from the Wild West era to Elliot Ness, Al Capone, Machine Gun Kelly and Bonnie & Clyde in the 20th century, through to the modern day fictional shoot-em-up characters inspired by them who could only ever be created in America by Americans: Dirty Harry, practically any character ever played by Al Pacino, Indiana Jones, John McClane (Diehard), the entire genre of Western movies, etc etc. Even the more ridiculous gun-toters like the Terminator and Rambo could only have been dreamed up in the USA.

Americans start indoctrinating their children from a very young age in gun culture. While other countries feature cartoons and children's shows featuring characters that are farm animals or clowns etc, the US features the likes of rootin' tootin' shootin' Yosemite Sam and Elmer Fudd, who shoot at other cartoon characters each week with pistols, shotguns or machine guns. By associating soft and fluffy cartoon characters with guns and showing cartoon shootings to young children, children are eased into accepting firearms and shootings as normal parts of life.

Criminals in the US commonly see guns as a necessary part of their trade. On the other side of the criminal divide, American individualism combined with the romanticised gun cultural image of the lone gunslinger fighting off the bad guys results in the types of attitudes that we see right here in this thread. That if a bad guy squares up to me with a gun, I will take out my .45 and blow his head clean off, Clint Eastwood style.

So, Americans will never give up their guns. It's never going to happen. It's too late for that, and it has been too late for that ever since 1791. That horse has bolted. There are options, though, for non-gun people if they want to minimise their chances of having someone try to shoot them or pull a gun on them. Staying away from and not living in the worst-affected cities and areas is obviously the most sensible. If you're raising a family, then look for somewhere with low crime statistics.

Incidentally, the clip below from the movie LA Story is comedy, but it's an accurate description of where the US is headed:

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
The argument that if there were no guns in circulation, there would be no gun crime is obviously correct, by definition. However, this argument is all well and good, but it is of no practical use to anyone. Disarming Americans will never happen due to the fact that guns and shooting people are an inextricable part of American culture and American identity. The Founding Fathers considered guns to be so important to the fabric of the new country that they cemented the right to carry them into the Constitution. This is very unusual (the US is one of only three countries in the world to do this) but perhaps understandable given the real risk at that time of the British returning to try to recolonise the territory.

Of course, the Founding Fathers did not intertwine the gun with the definition of America in order that, 230 years later, regular American citizens could go around shooting each other, in acts of crime. They evidently did not predict this eventuality, nor did they predict the developments in society that would mean that the average citizen would eventually no longer need to protect themself with firearms against tyrannical governments in their own territory. Interestingly, I saw a poster write above that he believed that Australians should not have given up their guns because they could have used them against the Australian government when it imposed mask mandates and Covid restrictions. That kind of thinking is a fascinating direct cultural carry-down from the perspective held 230 years ago in 1791 during the time of American (and also French) revolutions. It's amazing that Americans still think along those lines, even though they are clearly antiquated. As evidenced by recent events, attempts to challenge the institution of government by force nowadays in the 2020s, when Americans stormed their own Congress, results in outrage from the public and the perpetrators put in jail as criminals. In the modern age, if one wants to change the government, one runs for office and tries to change it from within, instead of picking up a musket and joining a militia.

Returning to the olden days, guns were also a requirement for pioneers who wanted to survive the so-called American Indian conflicts as the new Americans pushed the native Americans off their lands in what would be the wild west and the deep south. Guns soon became a defining feature of American culture, from the beginning of the country and they have been ever since. This can easily be seen in who the American folk heroes and anti-heroes were and are - gunfighters feature heavily throughout: Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday, Jessie James from the Wild West era to Elliot Ness, Al Capone, Machine Gun Kelly and Bonnie & Clyde in the 20th century, through to the modern day fictional shoot-em-up characters inspired by them who could only ever be created in America by Americans: Dirty Harry, practically any character ever played by Al Pacino, Indiana Jones, John McClane (Diehard), the entire genre of Western movies, etc etc. Even the more ridiculous gun-toters like the Terminator and Rambo could only have been dreamed up in the USA.

Americans start indoctrinating their children from a very young age in gun culture. While other countries feature cartoons and children's shows featuring characters that are farm animals or clowns etc, the US features the likes of rootin' tootin' shootin' Yosemite Sam and Elmer Fudd, who shoot at other cartoon characters each week with pistols, shotguns or machine guns. By associating soft and fluffy cartoon characters with guns and showing cartoon shootings to young children, children are eased into accepting firearms and shootings as normal parts of life.

Criminals in the US commonly see guns as a necessary part of their trade. On the other side of the criminal divide, American individualism combined with the romanticised gun cultural image of the lone gunslinger fighting off the bad guys results in the types of attitudes that we see right here in this thread. That if a bad guy squares up to me with a gun, I will take out my .45 and blow his head clean off, Clint Eastwood style.

So, Americans will never give up their guns. It's never going to happen. It's too late for that, and it has been too late for that ever since 1791. That horse has bolted. There are options, though, for non-gun people if they want to minimise their chances of having someone try to shoot them or pull a gun on them. Staying away from and not living in the worst-affected cities and areas is obviously the most sensible. If you're raising a family, then look for somewhere with low crime statistics.

Incidentally, the clip below from the movie LA Story is comedy, but it's an accurate description of where the US is headed:
BETA

Indoctination? My father served 2 tours in Vietnam as an infantryman an I served during Desert Storm. Yet we never had one single gun in our home.

People kill people not guns. Get a clue an while your at it some faith in Jesus maybe then you wont walk around fearful.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Only in your city MAYBE and if it does it was created by YOUR ELECTED politians that you hired. No police no law plain an simple. Obey the law, its not other states problems that you New York citizens are idiots.
Man, did you really think that when I said "militarized police" that I meant that every single street cop wears SWAT gear, is armed to the teeth, and drives a tank?

Police are militarized everywhere in America and I don't think it means what you think it means. And you're definitely way less likely to have a bad experience with police if you're white. Again: anecdotes aren't evidence of anything.

I live in Florida.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You can thank your fellow liberals for allowing these bail reforms and letting 100000's of these hood rats back in the streets to either rob or shoot or steal. Two drivers carjacked in Manhattan less than an hour apart looks like it was an uber driver, what a great nation we are going to be.
'
Yeah the problem is that our prisons are nightmarish hellholes that treat people like subhuman monsters regardless of the severity of the crime they committed. This is why there is no rehabilitation, prions make better criminals, and we have one of the worst recidivism rates in the world. It is dangerously ignorant to just bail a bunch of ex-cons out before enacting prison reforms that encourage better treatment of inmates and help rehabilitate them so they can return to society as productive and peaceful citizens.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Man, did you really think that when I said "militarized police" that I meant that every single street cop wears SWAT gear, is armed to the teeth, and drives a tank?

Police are militarized everywhere in America and I don't think it means what you think it means. And you're definitely way less likely to have a bad experience with police if you're white. Again: anecdotes aren't evidence of anything.

I live in Florida.
Im not white
Im an American of Mexican heritage. My skin is brown which has nothing too do with nothing if you have GOOD character. Youve been programmed.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Your way less likely too have a bad experience with police if your LAW ABIDING. Not white like you said above. If youve programmed yourself too think that youve got a virus, wipe it an start from scratch.....

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
Indoctination?
No, it's indoctrination.
Your an idiot.
My father served 2 tours in Vietnam as an infantryman an I served during Desert Storm. Yet we never had one single gun in our home.
Yes, it is entirely possible for one to serve in the military without having any guns at home. Having a gun at home is not a requirement for serving in the military. This is patently obvious. What's your point?

I have not judged you. You have judged me, though, which makes you judgmental, lol. And you therefore also make yourself a hypocrite by trying to call me out for something that you yourself did.

It's not going so well for you so far. What else have you got?
People kill people not guns.
Yes, some people do use guns to kill people. That's not in dispute. Are you planning to only state the obvious and insult, or do you have a point to make. Any point at all?
Get a clue an while your at it some faith in Jesus maybe then you wont walk around fearful.
Religion is a whole different subject; one that does not interest me. Oh, and not visiting high-crime ghetto areas when I have no reason to visit them is common sense. It does not mean that I am afraid of walking around in general, lol.

There's nothing of substance in your retort other than schoolboy name calling and stating a few obvious facts. Quite disappointing, but if you can come up with a more weighty contribution then I'd be happy to take a look at it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You should go back to factory settings because your sht is all fked up. But i think you came with wires crossed. Go back to your own forum.you are not needed or wanted bubby.
I am literally the most sane, sensible, rational and well-educated person in this whole discussion.

And I can see how that threatens this entire pit of ignorance and apathy.

81 - 100 of 124 Posts