Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When will UBER be reversing this price thing? I dont think they realized that gas money is now high virtually everywhere, but because that does not affect their percentage, UBER company do not care about what is left for the drivers to be motivated to drive. In January, UBER said for a limited time, enjoy 25% off your next ride, 6 months is more that limited time by my mathematical calculation....

·
Registered
27 Posts
I see the $15 weekday guarantees have spread out to 6-9am mornings, afternoons 3-6 pm and saw a night one for 11pm- 1 am. I assume this is an attempt to get drivers on the road and lessen the surge level and frequency? Did the math and $15 ×25% for uber is 3.75 = $11.75 an hour before you pay for gas and wear&tear on your vehicle. You'll get that gas and W&T money back at tax time but you won't get money back from depreciating your car with all those miles. You won't feel that until you sell the car. I drive the weekend guarantees; see those as profitable. Wait, are you talking about fare/rates going up?I don't see that happening as there are many more drivers on the road lately "settling" for chump change i.e. base fare/no surge/ $15 guarantees.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many conditions that cannot be met comes with the guarantee thing. How can I be living in Newport News and meet 51% ride starting from Portsmouth beltway to Virginia beach. Sometimes, you will receive a request during the guarantee period and in seconds it will tell you 'request expired' this automatically affects your 90% acceptance. It happened to me once, I was just 4 mins away from 5 hrs guarantee period, in 10 secs I received two request and once I accept, it comes back with request expired. The incentive is a FRAUD

·
Registered
27 Posts
I live in Norfolk and work the Southside "beltway". I feel your pain up in New News! Seems the demand is a lot less up your way and I have to drive longer distances to do pickups. Wasn't that bad when the colleges were in session... I now high tail it back across the tunnel to Norfolk as soon as I can! I get the missed Ping every now and then and it has messed up my guarantee a few times. At least it's only <90% acceptance rate for a few hours/ one block of time. I routinely beat the guarantees on weekends anyway. PM me and I'll tell you how to make sure you don't miss the guarantee ping that has messed ya up. UberGoober757

1 - 4 of 4 Posts