Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say I'm not liking what I'm seeing on here being a new member. Don't care if I get banned or mocked for saying this, But I'm seeing a lot of the same shit on here. Complaints about high gas prices (get an electric car people, you should have seen this coming years ago), complaints about inflation, etc. Please, for the love of God do deliveries or pick ups in wealthier areas. I guarantee there's money to be made. Figure out a system. Move to another state if you have to. I find this laughable at this point. I see people talking about taking a "real" job instead of Uber. I quit my job to do Uber! And I'm making nearly twice as much. If you aren't then you're doing it wrong. Can't "afford" an electric car but can somehow pay for gas? Get one of these "real" jobs then.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have to say I'm not liking what I'm seeing on here being a new member. Don't care if I get banned or mocked for saying this, But I'm seeing a lot of the same shit on here. Complaints about high gas prices (get an electric car people, you should have seen this coming years ago), complaints about inflation, etc. Please, for the love of God do deliveries or pick ups in wealthier areas. I guarantee there's money to be made. Figure out a system. Move to another state if you have to. I find this laughable at this point. I see people talking about taking a "real" job instead of Uber. I quit my job to do Uber! And I'm making nearly twice as much. If you aren't then you're doing it wrong. Can't "afford" an electric car but can somehow pay for gas? Get one of these "real" jobs then.
Um - may I ask how long you’ve been driving for Uber?

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,646 Posts
Yeah this forum has been feeling a little toxic. From new members with less than 50 posts who start holding court on more senior members who have seen it all.

·
Registered
199 Posts
....get an electric car people, you should have seen this coming years ago...

... I'm making nearly twice as much. If you aren't then you're doing it wrong...
Electric vehicles are not ready for mainstream use yet, certainly not for Ubering. Their range sucks requiring multiple charges per day and their tires require often rotation because they are thinner with less tread life.

Also they are specialty tires which are not available locally, also vehicles like the Tesla lack a spare tire and jack. So instead of being delayed getting a pax to the airport, your leaving them on the side of the road where they can't get an Uber while your flatbeding your $60,000 piece of crap elsewhere.

But oh! Our wonderful buttfsck of president elect think he's doing the right thing by waging war on the oil companies, cutting pipelines etc. Pushing an agenda that the infrastructure and technology isn't ready to handle it yet. I could see him doing this if it was and people were reluctant to switch to electric but he's doing so for politics and grandstanding, not for the country.

I would love an 800+ mile range electric SUV, the fuel savings and acceleration would be fantastic. But we need it easily repaired locally, easily charged and quickly, spare standard tires etc. Time is money, need 1-2 day turnaround on repairs, not a few months at factory. Software issues and high costs to entry are more problems with elecytrics.

MIT recommends Uber drivers buy $20,000 vehicle as we burn them out so quickly, not $60,000 ones where one loses money and forced to default or sell when the batteries need replacing for another $20,000.

If your profiting twice as much as a normal job that pays $30,000 a year driving on Uber, it's YOU that isn't doing it right. Your missing something, like other costs or not putting away to 2x replace the vehicle your burning out. Car loaners don't count Uber income as a reliable source, because Uber is unreliable, more fish around means less food.

Then of course is accidents....

I've managed for one freak year to make a taxable income of $30,000, driving an inhuman amount of 100,000 miles for 7 hours average everyday and it nearly killed me as I overdosed on caffeine and vitamins knowing I had a freak chance opportunity to bank some cash for a replacement vehicle. I got it, but it cost me my health.

Guess what? After three years and almost 300,000 miles, the typical max life of a well taken care of vehicle, I just have a mere $55,000 and no Tesla. I would be STUPID to go broke buying one, spend most of my driving time charging.

MIT is right, Biden is wrong. Period.

B*tching and whining is good, we are warning other fellow drivers and looking for alternatives.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Where I live there are no charging stations and no I can’t run a extension cord to hook up my car if I own a Volt, Bolt or Tesla, so it is not as simple as just getting a car to replace the one I have.

Next, many of us are doing it right and have experience at doing this for a few years to many years, so don’t lecture someone when you are a newbie on this board.

Finally, you might start in a nice area but the App has this funny way of taking you from a money making area to a poor area and let me tell you the truth you ain’t making a living in H-Town no matter the damn area, so yeah moving is one option or just drive to another city is another option.

October 1st of this year will be the last day I drive in Texas and I am moving to Pittsburgh but let me be clear I ain’t moving there for the plush lifestyle of the rich and famous while driving for a gig company but because to be closer to family but even then I will make money because I weigh the mile per dollar and also the area I will get them person or food from and not waste my time in the Hood at all…

So as you lecture us some people can’t afford a Tesla or don’t have the infrastructure to charge one and moving isn’t an option and the city they are in the pay is low no matter what you do but thank you for your input and guru advice…

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Last month we had many like you
Now surge is much tougher and the same people are complaining.. finding you don’t make real money at 60 cents a mile 🤣
Last month they thought they were geniuses
Now ready for real jobs

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevrolt Bolt EV
2,355 Posts
OP this Forum has ALWAYS been Toxic, filled with uneducated morons and even when you show them reality they wont admit it... Post for Fun and Laugh at the Idiotic responses.. There are few really good members but they prefer to be in the background away from the manure slopping that takes center stage.

The Whole Object of this forum is to maximize earnings...it isnt meant to be a helpful site ... the more trash talking the further away from reality makes more clicks ..like watching Hannity or just about any Fox News shows.. it's all about advertising money..PERIOD

·
Registered
82 Posts
OP this Forum has ALWAYS been Toxic, filled with uneducated morons and even when you show them reality they wont admit it... Post for Fun and Laugh at the Idiotic responses.. There are few really good members but they prefer to be in the background away from the manure slopping that takes center stage.

The Whole Object of this forum is to maximize earnings...it isnt meant to be a helpful site ... the more trash talking the further away from reality makes more clicks ..like watching Hannity or just about any Fox News shows.. it's all about advertising money..PERIOD
You speak like a “fact checker”.

·
Premium Member
11,757 Posts
Or System of the Down. Disorder Disorder....

• Haha
Reactions: Uberyouber

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,646 Posts
For anyone following this thread it should be noted that the few good points made by the OP about electric cars (which have already been made ad infinitum and well understood by the regulars) are overshadowed by the mischaracterizations of running an EV. So take his/her comments with a grain of salt.

...(get an electric car people, you should have seen this coming years ago)
By the way, I have never heard an EV enthusiast in this forum make such a statement. Did I miss it or is this another mischaracterization?

Another by the way, I have to plead ignorance here (until I just looked it up), but I thought most new cars don't come with a spare. Looks like that is not strictly true, as about 2/3 of new cars still ship with a spare. But to be fair a lot more cars than just electrics are missing a spare. That's per cars.com. Consumer Reports agrees.

My Bolt did not come with a spare, and that was just unacceptable. The OP is right in that we drivers are certainly better off with one in terms of getting back on the road as quickly as possible. Right after getting my car I drove to the junk yard and purchased a brand new donut spare off a wrecked car that fit the geometry of my wheels. Tucked it into the compartment under the luggage stow. It lives with a breaker bar, air compressor, and puncture repair kit. A jack is in the 3rd level compartment below.

Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle Rim Wood

·
Premium Member
2,380 Posts
I agree too much negativity, if rideshare is so bad don't do it there are plenty of other jobs out there. What about working when you want, what about getting a 30$ tip in the app?? what about getting a ride to a destination you were planning to go to anyway???

1 - 20 of 44 Posts