Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
45 Days in and Im already Jaded....

11:25am phone call; Hi this is Chris, I took an uber with you last night. You picked me up from the BBQ place.....

Me: Yes, I remember

Chris: (panicked voice) I think I left my keys in your car and I cant get into my work safe. Can you please check?

Me: You're the guy that waited table and works part time as the manager at ***** Right?

Chris: Uh yes, can you check for my keys

Me: You know I dont recall any tips from any of my passengers doing uber last night.....Im sure you're aware of tips as you work in the restaurant industry right

Chris: Um...can you check for my keys

Me: Chris, Im at work right now. At my full time job. I get off work at 4:30 and I'd be happy to check then. I have a meeting I need to get too. I know I didnt get any tips last night Chris, but here's a tip for you. ALWAYS check for your belongings before leaving.

Click

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts

11:25am phone call; Hi this is Chris, I took an uber with you last night. You picked me up from the BBQ place.....

Chris: (panicked voice) I think I left my keys in your car and I cant get into my work safe. Can you please check?

Me: You're the guy that waited table and works part time as the manager at ***** Right?

Me: You know I dont recall any tips from any of my passengers doing uber last night.....Im sure you're aware of tips as you work in the restaurant industry right

Me: Chris, Im at work right now. At my full time job. I get off work at 4:30 and I'd be happy to check then. I have a meeting I need to get too. I know I didnt get any tips last night Chris, but here's a tip for you. ALWAYS check for your belongings before leaving.

Click
This post is making my day, maybe my week. Work on the thread title a little bit. This would belong in "Letters to Pax" but I love it enough to support it's own thread.

·
Premium Member
26,817 Posts
here's a tip for you. ALWAYS check for your belongings before leaving.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well played.
If you do find the keys:

If you dropped him in Virginia, set your destination filter for Silver Spring and turn them into the Monkey County Po-Po. Be sure to get a receipt. If you dropped him in D.C., turn them into the Po-Po in Fairfax, or way down Route 1. If you are in Maryland, turn them into
the Po-Po in Gaithersburg or Laurel.

·
Premium Member
13,063 Posts

Click
You will do very well here.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts

Click
Beard Microphone Coat Musician Facial hair

·
Premium Member
26,817 Posts
Update: I have his keys. I work in Gaithersburg and I dropped him in Reston. Taking a trip to the Gaithersburg PD in a few,
BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-HA-HA-HA-ha-ha-haaa!

I am assuming that you have been to the Po-Po. I hope that you got a receipt, or, failing that, took a photograph of your handing over the keys to the Desk Sergeant. If he asks why you gave them to the police, just tell him that the law requires that all lost and found be turned in to the nearest police station.

·
Premium Member
27,935 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
If you drop at a PD do you still get to bill the $15?
I dropped off some female dog's first of the locust, I mean purse at the local police station. Uber informed me that I was not entitled to the $15 return fee because I did not return it directly to the passenger.

From that I think I should strip the purse of all cash and other valuables and toss it in the gutter.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.