Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warning to all ride share drivers. I am a driver of over a 1000 rides. I have noticed a trend. Anytime I "act up" according to Lyft, which means having a low cancellation percentage, cancelling a few rides due to safety concerns or the system automatically choosing another passenger for me after I accepted a ride going to pax and doing other things. I notice Lyft puts me offline. I check the Lyft pax app and I don't see my car there. Then I start to notice something fishy. On some days I can have 15 to 20 rides and more than half will tip. On other days where I sense I picked up tipable paxs I can have none. I know many drivers complained about paxs saying they would tip n never do. Well yesterday I pick up a old friend of mine. He said he would tip. I know this man for over 10 years..he is not a liar. Wake up today no tip. Call him and explain to him I suspect Lyft is taking my tips and I want to make sure, he sends me the mail
It's a damn 6 dollar too. Guess what...... Nothing. I suspect they are indeed stealing it. This confirms.

· Registered
769 Posts
Warning to all ride share drivers. I am a driver of over a 1000 rides. I have noticed a trend. Anytime I "act up" according to Lyft, which means having a low cancellation percentage, cancelling a few rides due to safety concerns or the system automatically choosing another passenger for me after I accepted a ride going to pax and doing other things. I notice Lyft puts me offline. I check the Lyft pax app and I don't see my car there. Then I start to notice something fishy. On some days I can have 15 to 20 rides and more than half will tip. On other days where I sense I picked up tipable paxs I can have none. I know many drivers complained about paxs saying they would tip n never do. Well yesterday I pick up a old friend of mine. He said he would tip. I know this man for over 10 years..he is not a liar. Wake up today no tip. Call him and explain to him I suspect Lyft is taking my tips and I want to make sure, he sends me the mail
It's a damn 6 dollar too. Guess what...... Nothing. I suspect they are indeed stealing it. This confirms.
Does it, though? Just because your friend said he tipped you $6, doesn't mean he did. I'd ask him for a screenshot - tell him you want to submit it to Lyft and ask them what the deal is. Maybe he lied to save face...or maybe Lyft really did take it (or just hasn't paid it out yet).

It's also possible that Lyft somehow knows you two have a connection and are holding it while they investigate whether they should deactivate you. I *think* Uber considers this fraud...but, I could be totally making that up...not sure...🤣

· Registered
2,985 Posts
Good job figuring it out. Same thing was posted yesterday except driver got pop up saying he got a tip but it never appeared.

If a driver's been driving more than a few months they should know they're tip ratio.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does it, though? Just because your friend said he tipped you $6, doesn't mean he did. I'd ask him for a screenshot - tell him you want to submit it to Lyft and ask them what the deal is. Maybe he lied to save face...or maybe Lyft really did take it (or just hasn't paid it out yet).

It's also possible that Lyft somehow knows you two have a connection and are holding it while they investigate whether they should deactivate you. I *think* Uber considers this fraud...but, I could be totally making that up...not sure...🤣
I did I have the email with the total. The last part is impossible. What type fraud could we have committed? Do you think Lyft minister ever ride for fraud as it happening. My tips usually post right away but on some days when they don't and they come n the next day I suspect the system is taking its time in figuring out what to give and what to take. There must be some type of bug installed by a secret developer. Things don't add up. I know many paxs don't tip but I swear I think they activate the bug when we act up.

Why would you drive your friend via app and give lyft money?
Random ride in the part of town he works. I live a few blocks from him. I told him to call me if he ever needs a ride but he barely takes a Lyft.

· Registered
769 Posts
I did I have the email with the total. The last part is impossible. What type fraud could we have committed? Do you think Lyft minister ever ride for fraud as it happening. My tips usually post right away but on some days when they don't and they come n the next day I suspect the system is taking its time in figuring out what to give and what to take. There must be some type of bug installed by a secret developer. Things don't add up. I know many paxs don't tip but I swear I think they activate the bug when we act up.
I never quite understood why driving a friend would be an issue, unless maybe money laundering?

I don't know that Lyft stealing tips would be a smart way to punish drivers for their behavior (as they are likely audited for things like that). I do, however, believe both Uber and Lyft try to punish drivers in other ways (like putting you in time out, giving you bad rides, etc).

· Banned
8,571 Posts
My tips usually post right away but on some days when they don't and they come n the next day I suspect the system is taking its time in figuring out what to give and what to take.
You're crazy.

there are cut off times.

processing times.

· Premium Member
546 Posts
Im convinced Lyft steals tips too, as I've watched people submit in front of me and I've never gotten it. Yeah, maybe they ended up not having the money in their account, but I prefer to err on the conspiracy theory side.

That being said, a few tips that were over $5 did take a couple days to go through. I assume Lyft wanted to verify the customer hadn't made a mistake.

If it doesn't show up soon, let us know and I'll wrap some torches while you hand out pitchforks, so we can mob on em.

· Banned
2,469 Posts
If your in a area that has a lot of other drivers you may or may not show up in the rider app, only so many cars will show up there and if there are too many you car won’t always show up. As for getting calls Lyft is spotty sometimes and I have days where I don’t get a lot of Lyft calls and I rarely cancel so I don’t think your on a time out, and as for stealing tips if they are then post your ride and his receipt showing he tipped. Proof is what you need to post on tip stealing, otherwise there is nothing for anyone else to go on

· Registered
363 Posts
Who to say if a pax is nice and tips $10,lyfy doesn't randomly give the driver $5 or $3, Many people don't tip,so a fare under $30 most drivers would be happy w a $3 dollar tip. Lyft could take a dollar from a $5 dollar tip,who to know.

I was talking to this guy who does door dash on the weekends. He said he gets an ex military guy who always tips $10. Even if the order is small. One day he got him on a double, the tip only showed 4$. He asked the guy and called door dash. O much be a glitch they told him.

· Premium Member
4,070 Posts
I had someone who said they tipped while I was getting their luggage out of the car, and it took 3 days for me to get it.
Either your tip will come soon, or he didn't tip you. An "old" friend of mine is not a "current" friend of mine.

· Registered
2,985 Posts
If your in a area that has a lot of other drivers you may or may not show up in the rider app, only so many cars will show up there and if there are too many you car won't always show up. As for getting calls Lyft is spotty sometimes and I have days where I don't get a lot of Lyft calls and I rarely cancel so I don't think your on a time out, and as for stealing tips if they are then post your ride and his receipt showing he tipped. Proof is what you need to post on tip stealing, otherwise there is nothing for anyone else to go on
Proof is what you need? WRONG!
I have an email where Lyft admits this is an issue and says "we are aware of this problem and our engineers are working on it" after I showed them "proof" and I posted the Lyft email a year ago.

I had someone who said they tipped while I was getting their luggage out of the car, and it took 3 days for me to get it.
Either your tip will come soon, or he didn't tip you. An "old" friend of mine is not a "current" friend of mine.
This is pure speculation by someone that is not an engineer, it hadn't happened to them, therefore it must not be true.

No wonder drivers will never unite. It's bad enough pax & Lyft are against drivers. Other drivers that take a position as if it's a fact are clueless and people are seeking advice sometimes but given improper information.

Im convinced Lyft steals tips too, as I've watched people submit in front of me and I've never gotten it. Yeah, maybe they ended up not having the money in their account, but I prefer to err on the conspiracy theory side.

That being said, a few tips that were over $5 did take a couple days to go through. I assume Lyft wanted to verify the customer hadn't made a mistake.

If it doesn't show up soon, let us know and I'll wrap some torches while you hand out pitchforks, so we can mob on em.
Precisely. I watched pax gave me a $6.00 tip. Lyft only posted $1.00.
I went back to the pax at restaurant I dropped him off at showed him the 1.00 tip.
He showed me his phone showing "$6.00 tip to driver". I took screenshot to Lyft and that is when Lyft admitted they were aware of the "problem" and were dumb enough to email they were aware of it. I payed this also.

People need to STFU just because something hasn't happened to them. Maybe, just maybe they're in a market where the wholesale theft of tips isn't a thing yet. I'm here to tell you, it's coming.

Why the Eff are you guys still driving for Lyft?

I don't know who's more pathetic. Drivers or Lyft. Hmmm... I'm going with Drivers being more pathetic!
Agree. Here is the email from Lyft acknowledging they are AWARE of "missing"
tips.

Attachments

· Registered
2,985 Posts
yeah b/c Uber is so much better, lol
Uber is not much better, no one said they were. I've said it before, anyone doing ridesharing as a means of taking care of the bills 100% & has no other means of generating revenue is "special" even if they are in the 20% club which I was.

Uber taking only 20% but lowering rates was still a dealbreaker for me so I hope people consider having a plan to eventually delete ridesharing apps altogether. They deserve better.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Why the Eff are you guys still driving for Lyft?

I don't know who's more pathetic. Drivers or Lyft. Hmmm... I'm going with Drivers being more pathetic!
Stop acting like your part of the space crew going to Mars with your exclusive Uber ticket. Uber ain't any better for drivers. I am quitting in 2 weeks. This is only a part time gig for me. I agree. Many drivers should not work full time. This isn't a full time job.

· Registered
564 Posts
Well, DoorDash was applying tips to the minimum fare guarantee, maybe Lyft is doing that too.

One could assume that any tip collection that is not passed on 100% could eventually result in Class-Action. We would then all receive $18 cash and several coupons for half off our next Lyft ride. The lawyers would rake in $40 million or so.

· Registered
769 Posts
Well, DoorDash was applying tips to the minimum fare guarantee, maybe Lyft is doing that too.

One could assume that any tip collection that is not passed on 100% could eventually result in Class-Action. We would then all receive $18 cash and several coupons for half off our next Lyft ride. The lawyers would rake in $40 million or so.
That's true! DD stopped doing that, though, right?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts