Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather starting to get nice again so let's recap our current PAX and their attitudes towards us. And what we can do to even thing's up.

#1 No pool rides ( Unless on decent surge and you're trying to hit your incentive)

#2 ) Additional drop off. ( Unless the drop off is within reason) Do not do this anymore. I cannot tell you how many times Ashley and her friends get picked up and ADVISE me we're making additional pick ups and drop off's. F THAT.. REFUSE to do it. Especially if the area is in and out of SURGE. You're screwing yourself and everybody else.

#3)Busy day or night ? You arrive.. Pax is picking his nose or ass for god know's how long ? Guess what.. Text them.. ARRIVED.. Start the ****ing trip. They complain about it ? To bad.. Time is money .. You want to continue ? or let them cancel..

#4 ) Busy Area ? ( TURN THE APP OFF) is this so hard to comprehend ?

#5) Put a TIP SIGN is your car... 75% of them realize they should be throwing you a bone but refuse to because they can. Rides are cheap enough...

My tips have increase 10 fold and I EDUCATE 1 PAX AT A TIME ON THE SUBJECT... YOU CAN TOO..

#6) Pax cancel mid trip.. ? ( Pull over >>>> Get the **** out) Email Uber you should get the whole route paid.. I've done it and I'm sure they're seeing an increase of this nonsense.

#7) Heavy traffic area (s)... Don't pick anybody up and sit in that shit at.20 a minute.. It should be surging.. Wait for it..

Feel free to add your own thought's . While I agree alot of people are nice and appreciative many are becoming worse and making his job unbearable at times..

Take it back..

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Heres my 2 cents..... (don't shoot)

1. No pool or lyft lines agreed! those suck lately more and more people and using. Avoid right away drive off let them cancel.

2. additional drop offs? depending on where always ask where to and you can always decline whatever they tell you if you don't like.

3. busy day or night, if its a regular uberx or Lyft, you have 5 minutes regardless u call or text ppl are gonna take their sweet. they know they got 5 min.

4. Busy area? its easy but 1/10 drivers if that will think to do that so that won't help the situation anyway.

5. Tip Sign, Meh not sure seems like it would be more begging with the signs like, ppl will tip on their own.

6. Pax cancel mid trip, never had that happen in my 3 years ever but agreed kick em out right away in a safe place.

7. heavy traffic? GO HOME don't waste ur time, if you've been driving regularly you sound know when theres traffic and if its not surging don't bother, only deal with traffic if there is surge thats all folks!

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5. Tip Sign, Meh not sure seems like it would be more begging with the signs like, ppl will tip on their own.

No begging involved.. PPL WON"T tip on their own..But they'll sure spew out in your car how they spent 60 on 4 drinks at the Aragon ( And tipped) 60 dollar hair cuts with a 20 tip.. It's insane..

75% I talk to said if the option was in APP they would tip.. Maybe I'll switch to lyft.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
you might be right certain places people are forced to tip, (not physically or mentally) it's just common sense. Getting a hair cut ALWAYS a tip, barber expects it and so does the person getting a hair cut that they'll have to tip, Taxi cabs? Yes because they are the originators of this business and cabs always got tips it just was a meant to be and everyone knew that.

60 on drinks at a bar? Of course u have to tip and people are obligated how rude would it be not to tip the bartender, people know this.

When it comes to our side of the riseshare business? Not so much, they are not forced (physically or mentally) and they can car less. U cant compare rideshare business to a salon or a bar or a cab. It's rideshare and the the F***'s that started rideshare made this possible for us not to get tipped the way barbers or cabs or bars do. it's all customer service right? So u think by putting a sign is gonna light a bulb in their brain and be like "I think I should tip this guy" you are wrong. Sure bars have tip signs and jars it's a fricken bar, you see cans have tip signs or tip jars? Hardly...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts

No begging involved.. PPL WON"T tip on their own..But they'll sure spew out in your car how they spent 60 on 4 drinks at the Aragon ( And tipped) 60 dollar hair cuts with a 20 tip.. It's insane..

75% I talk to said if the option was in APP they would tip.. Maybe I'll switch to lyft.
If my experience is anything, then be prepared to get the occasional tip, but make less money for the day overall.

That being said, if I made as much at Lyft as I do at Uber, I'd stick with Lyft. I think the tipping makes for a better experience for both the driver & pax.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts