Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
I hear the guy making video saying "yellow cab and black cab" and the guy walks to a black camry after beating him, could this be a fhv driver?
Camry has diamond stickers.
I saw this on a watsapp group but couldn't upload it here.
Felt sorry for the yellow cab driver but if you can't even defend yourself out there what you gonna do ?
And for the guy filming it is an *******, instead of help just sitting and laughing.

Assaulting a driver can land one in prison for up to 25 years.
A driver not a cab driver in this ****ing world.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Camry has diamond stickers.
I saw this on a watsapp group but couldn't upload it here.
Felt sorry for the yellow cab driver but if you can't even defend yourself out there what you gonna do ?
And for the guy filming it is an *******, instead of help just sitting and laughing.

A driver not a cab driver in this &%[email protected]!*ing world.
Oops, I meant TLC driver.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yesterday (Wednesday night) I saw a yellow cab and a t761 sonata going back and forth at each other. Cutting each other off and trying to sideswipe each other. Scenarios like this one are what lead to situations like the video above. They start and then someone has to finish. If I had a nickel for every single time a yellow pissed me off I would buy a Escalade for cash. I have to be honest as a new Yorker I wouldn't care and just drive by while they beat each other. But I wouldn't video tape anything either.

In NYC people need to remember to mind their business

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I think everyone here knows that none of these drivers in the video are “Victims”. Yellow must have done something to provoke, or maybe the FHV driver provoked the yellow, not sure what really happened. Everyone here knows what type of dumb shit goes on in the street. Specially with all these new young drivers in the industry, who have have a different mentality than MOST older drivers. Sometimes it’s best to let shit fly, specially if you don’t have the balls to fight back, or if this is how you feed your family. Why jeopardize your life, license, and freedom over something stupid. I myself had to fight a couple of times to defend myself, but I try to avoid it as much as possible. Not worth it!!!

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
I saw that. Dude did him super dirty even crushing his leg on the door. Guys, If you aren’t prepared to fight for yours you probably shouldnt provoke other drivers or talk shit, dont even argue back at all because you just never know what that driver is about.

The yellow probably did something reckless and had to take a street hail so he got caught slippin smh

·
Super Moderator
3,088 Posts
That looked like a TLC plate as he's pulling away. The video quality is super poor but you can just barely make out the length of the license plate being a TLC.

There should only be very few situations to prompt this sort of action. I don't think this was one of them based on the short clip we see. But there is much bigger picture missing.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Where are the snitches posting on the Reported Twitter account now? Running to Starbucks or Shake Shack for cover?

Things were crazy when it was only yellow and real black cars, before grey market livery flooded the streets.

If the TLC had said Uber can pick up passengers when yellow cabs are 80% full otherwise mandatory 15 minute wait before dispatch like real black cars, then we'd have fewer grey market livery cars on the streets and fewer yellow taxi/app car accidents and fewer driver suicides.

But I know; the cat's already out of the bag. TLC is only good for taking my license and cash. I 100% age the technology is fantastic, but the implementation has screwed over thousands of old school drivers who played by the TLC rules.

I'm for a free market, but when one set of drivers gets to act like a taxi when they want and charge surge pricing which yellow cabs aren't allowed to, then the TLC needs to wake up and fix the mess it condoned.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
That looked like a TLC plate as he's pulling away. The video quality is super poor but you can just barely make out the length of the license plate being a TLC.

There should only be very few situations to prompt this sort of action. I don't think this was one of them based on the short clip we see. But there is much bigger picture are missing.
You can clearly see the diamonds.
Its fhv.

·
Premium Member
5,237 Posts
I saw that. Dude did him super dirty even crushing his leg on the door. Guys, If you aren't prepared to fight for yours you probably shouldnt provoke other drivers or talk shit, dont even argue back at all because you just never know what that driver is about.

The yellow probably did something reckless and had to take a street hail so he got caught slippin smh
This is true. I'm not gonna lie, I had my fair share of incidents which I shared on these threads. But each time, I was prepared to fight if it came to it. A lot of these drivers will piss you off and try to harass you. But meet them at the red light and not even look at you. If you get out your car, they will run the red and be out quicker than the roadrunner. If you not about that life, just ignore and continue driving or bad shyt can and will happen.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts