Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you guys who signed up for UberAssist enjoy those long distance pings. Don't forget they pay the same as UberX.

Uber on!

Great timing the week after the Special Olympics ended BTW.

image.jpg

·
Registered
857 Posts
I own one of those vans for a family member. No way in hell I'd uber a 55,000 dollar van (base price of the van and the 25,000 dollar upfit) in to the ground for X rates. Since it's modified for a wheel chair it won't qualify for XL because it only seats 5 plus the wheel chair.

I do suspect the ADA will eventually bite uber in the ass. It's why taxi companies must have these types of van in their fleets. I forget the ratio but they are required to have one for every so many cabs.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
I own one of those vans for a family member. No way in hell I'd uber a 55,000 dollar van (base price of the van and the 25,000 dollar upfit) in to the ground for X rates. Since it's modified for a wheel chair it won't qualify for XL because it only seats 5 plus the wheel chair.

I do suspect the ADA will eventually bite uber in the ass. It's why taxi companies must have these types of van in their fleets. I forget the ratio but they are required to have one for every so many cabs.
Carry a cheap wheelchair all the time and it's XL in my book.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts

I think they paid Houston $10,000 or something to have that put off. They have to be compliant within 2 years or something. Of course then it will be a new Mayor and who knows if Uber will even be around.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Carry a cheap wheelchair all the time and it's XL in my book.
laws make that impossiable. DOT requires the chair meet their standards and be fitted to the person.. a cheap chair is not gonna work. The chair we bought for the van (and the person who requires it) was in the high 4 figures.

still not gonna do it anyways, uber would just make me drive around X clients who would ***** about their legs dangling in to the lowered floor area.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Of course they waited until after the Olympics, this is perfect timing for it. They knew that there would be a lot of demand for it during the Olympics, which is why they purposely delayed its rollout; so a bunch of people wouldn't take it and draw attention to the fact that it absolutely sucks. Imagine the headlines: Uber's Assist drivers continuously cancelled on Special Olympic athletes (SOA), uber drivers kick out SOA, Uber makes SOA wait 30 minutes before picking them up, etc.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Hope you guys who signed up for UberAssist enjoy those long distance pings. Don't forget they pay the same as UberX.

Uber on!

Great timing the week after the Special Olympics ended BTW.

View attachment 11225
I'm going to buy a short bus and put it on assist. This way I can run multiple phones and do a bunch at one time. I multi task the short bus. That's how I will make it work for a profit

·
Registered
625 Posts
Are there any benefits to do assist? To go through training and the extra effort and wear on your car from throwing wheelchairs in the back is not worth UberX pricing (UberX isn't worth UberX pricing either).

Uber will just get into more trouble if drivers are constantly refusing assist pings from 20+ min away.

Reactions: groovyguru

·
Registered
439 Posts
It say's Wheelchair accessible. Or Not in need of a ramp or hydraulic lift. But somehow your supposed to fit a Scooter in your Uber Car?.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Just in the hour I've been sitting off of Virgil and 6th, pings from:
Century City, multiple
Burbank
Citadel
Coliseum, multiple

·
Registered
478 Posts
Showa50 ,I am very surprised that u spend ur time for this shit(assistance )
U were my idol til this point what is wrong with you? Assist for $1.00 u r better than that man!
What happened about surge 101? Class dismissed ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts