Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday was the best day for me so far. I did a couple of pool to get the incentives since I hadn't work for the most part of the week. So add the end of the day, I need 6 trips to complete the 20 ride-$40 incentive. I pick up a pool and then got the pin that another pax was added. I was fine with it 4 more to go. I get to the pick up, wait for Emily to say bye to her 20 friends she then approaches my car with 2 others and I was like this an uberpool and I already had the other pax, she replies oh the app said that there was space for three and gets in the car. I told her that she had to order and X, she answered can u just take us?? with that attitude you know about. I replied no mam, sorry, of course the door to my car was slammed after I made her get the **** out of my car. And of course Uber takes her side and not charge her, so no inconvenience fee for me. **** Pool.......

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
That sucks. That's really one of the few situations pool helps, but harder to hit the rides when they have multiple riders.
Go back in a day or 2 and contact support, you may get the cancellation fee.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did. they sent me a bS template reply.

This was my original request and their reply:

I got to the location and there were three women and I already had Ajay on board. I believe I should get paid for arriving at pick up location. This passenger was trying to pay for an uberpool knowing she was wrong. She said that the app showed her there was 3 spaces available which is a lie.

I HAD A DIFFERENT ISSUE WITH MY FARE
Sunday, March 12, 2017 at 2:42:57 PM · uberPOOL

Thanks for reaching out,

We know it is frustrating when you've made an effort to get to a rider and complete a trip, and either you or the rider has to cancel. We encourage and educate riders to get in contact with our partners so that you do not go out of your way unnecessarily. We’re sorry you weren’t able to connect with the rider in this case.

Our cancellation policy is transparent, and in order to maintain the integrity of the system, we’re unable to charge the rider in this case. We appreciate your understanding and your feedback. Thank you,

I got to the location and there were three women and I already had Ajay on board. I believe I should get paid for arriving at pick up location. This passenger was trying to pay for an uberpool knowing she was wrong. She said that the app showed her there was 3 spaces available which is a lie.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Why wait?

I'd contact support now. The sooner the better.
What he said. I have gotten Pool request with more then 2 and when they fail to convince me on why I should break the rules I cancel. I have always gotten my $5. Oh wait $4 bucks because it's also an inconvenience to Uber lol

Thanks for reaching out,

We know it is frustrating when you've made an effort to get to a rider and complete a trip, and either you or the rider has to cancel. We encourage and educate riders to get in contact with our partners so that you do not go out of your way unnecessarily. We're sorry you weren't able to connect with the rider in this case.

Our cancellation policy is transparent, and in order to maintain the integrity of the system, we're unable to charge the rider in this case. We appreciate your understanding and your feedback. Thank you,

That's why you put down NO-Show

·
Registered
420 Posts

Thanks for reaching out,

We know it is frustrating when you've made an effort to get to a rider and complete a trip, and either you or the rider has to cancel. We encourage and educate riders to get in contact with our partners so that you do not go out of your way unnecessarily. We're sorry you weren't able to connect with the rider in this case.

Our cancellation policy is transparent, and in order to maintain the integrity of the system, we're unable to charge the rider in this case. We appreciate your understanding and your feedback. Thank you,

Keep responding until they give you your fee. Keep hounding them and they'll eventually cave.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh and how about those poolers that complaint the entire ride about hating Uber... when I get to the destination they're walking to a fancy restaurant.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks for reaching out,

I'm with you Ivy... I had a Poo request Saturday night and after letting the timer hit 0:00, I called the pax, asked the guy working the door at the bar to announce in the bar that his Uber was there (it was a small bar), and THEN when he got no response, I cancelled and left.

Uber Support sent me the same BS template that they sent you first...

Is it even worth arguing with them at this point?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I stopped, but it sucks cause that's what they want you to do. I'll save it for another battle. And How do we know they didn't charge the pax?

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
This is karma for taking pool , dont complain about pool if u take it , and nvr start a trip bfr thy in your car , in this situation u could have easily burn 95 second and hit no show n pocket cancellation fee.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I always keep my car locked until I ascertain identity and number of pax. Only then will I unlock and let them in. Believe it or not, my Pool pax in my city appreciate the doors being locked until we have I.D.'d that we have the right person(s) before I let them in. And they've told me so!

As mentioned by others above, I would've let the wait-timer time itself out while she and her gang remained outside my locked car talking through the window, and then took-off hitting no-show.

But someone else here mentioned another technique that might be interesting:

When turning down a pax after waiting out the wait-timer, as you finally leave tell the pax they need to cancel, but they need to hurry 'cuz if they cancel within the next minute they won't be charged.

Of course since you waited past the wait-time, they will be charged! But they were the one that canceled, so it's harder to argue. It seems a little underhanded, but it does seem like it might resolve the issue. No idea how it works in real life - I've never tried it.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts

Thanks for reaching out,

Too complicated an explanation that forces them to think to see key issue and the reps barely read and never think. Try. "Pool passenger had more riders than the two ordered and did not want to continue without extra passengers. Ride had to be cancelled as it violated terms of service. I am due a cancellation fee." Then be persistant.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is karma for taking pool , dont complain about pool if u take it , and nvr start a trip bfr thy in your car , in this situation u could have easily burn 95 second and hit no show n pocket cancellation fee.
I did exactly that and still got the same template from support.

What I always do is make sure to get a screenshot of the expired timer
That's a good idea. I'll make sure to do that from now on...

Too complicated an explanation that forces them to think to see key issue and the reps barely read and never think. Try. "Pool passenger had more riders than the two ordered and did not want to continue without extra passengers. Ride had to be cancelled as it violated terms of service. I am due a cancellation fee."
Even with a simple explanation, I got the same crap back from them. My original message: Tell Us What Happened: Passenger (Bryan) did not show for pickup. Waited until timer reached zero before calling passenger, with no response. Cancelled fare as no-show and should receive cancellation fee.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts