·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NY Times
today
April4,2019
Reporter Jack Healy
This reporter was doing a story on some women who got into a Uber,and turns out the driver was not a Uber driver. This reporter also highlighted the story of the woman killed in North Carolina last week.Reporter said the killing in South Carolina has taken these incidents to a new level around the USA.At the U of South Carolina students have started a Safety Campaign that Urges riders to ask "What's My Name" to ensure thay are talking to there actual ride share drivers before actually getting into a car.you guys can read this story, here's my take'
Down the line, i see enforcement of uber/Lyft signs on all cars,if you don't have them,cops give you a ticket, also photo ID with all your info on it along with your picture. but now with these 2 app co's going public,i really think the regulations will increase, so see what happens,JMO

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
pax: "Whats my name?"

Me: Deez nutz...

Seriously, i understand literacy is an issue with a large portion of the population but... im certain they should know how to match license plate number with the information on their phone... if people are still dumb enough to blindly enter cars...well survival of the fittest...

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Seriously, i understand literacy is an issue with a large portion of the population but... im certain they should know how to match license plate number with the information on their phone... if people are still dumb enough to blindly enter cars...well survival of the fittest...
hey buddy why don't you drive down to S Carolina U, and tell all those students what you just said? you are a walking advertizment why they WILL get new and tighter regulations on drivers,have a great day,jmo

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
At the end of the day, it's tragic for what happened to the student down south. But the fact does remain that she should've double checked before entering a car period. I always say the name of the pax so I don't have to deal with any headaches. Just like I always double check the license plate before I enter my rideshare. It's common sense.

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts

I'm definitely not sending my kids to University of S.Carolina if that's what they are teaching... how to get an Uber SMDH
Here's how my pick up goes
1- Good Morning, how's it going?
2- Your name is ________ and you're flying Delta airlines?
3- Did you have fun in NYC ( checking if it's an OT passengers)

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
I'm definitely not sending my kids to University of S.Carolina if that's what they are teaching... how to get an Uber SMDH
Don't send your kids to the South PERIOD. Especially if you're a minority. Bunch of low IQ individuals there

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
They should create a mandatory class on how to safely find your uber. This class will take a whole semester to complete.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Asking the driver what their name is stupid. The driver still has to verify the pax name. If the rider checks the license plate before getting in, they won't have to worry about getting in the wrong car. Smh.
Exactly, they have our car make, plate #, make sure it's the right car. What they aren't mentioning is the girl was drunk af. Maybe don't drink to the point where you can't read a license plate.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
hey buddy why don't you drive down to S Carolina U, and tell all those students what you just said? you are a walking advertizment why they WILL get new and tighter regulations on drivers,have a great day,jmo
Buddy... these clowns are in college... they should know how to read and write?... why should I have to go through hoops for dumbash clowns who dont have any sense... let alone common sense...?

·
Registered
282 Posts
NY Times
today
April4,2019
Reporter Jack Healy
This reporter was doing a story on some women who got into a Uber,and turns out the driver was not a Uber driver. This reporter also highlighted the story of the woman killed in North Carolina last week.Reporter said the killing in South Carolina has taken these incidents to a new level around the USA.At the U of South Carolina students have started a Safety Campaign that Urges riders to ask "What's My Name" to ensure thay are talking to there actual ride share drivers before actually getting into a car.you guys can read this story, here's my take'
Down the line, i see enforcement of uber/Lyft signs on all cars,if you don't have them,cops give you a ticket, also photo ID with all your info on it along with your picture. but now with these 2 app co's going public,i really think the regulations will increase, so see what happens,JMO
They will ho out as they go in ...in NYC many drivers quite because are not worth anymore to drive

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
Atlanta is special because they have integrated societies. And at the same time what is your ethnicity
How rude to ask my ethnicity :mad: lol
Here's a hint, this is what I'm baking for dinner and also Atlanta is pretty gentrified but still the good old south

·
Registered
282 Posts
The solution is so simple, yet they're ready to brand their logo on our foreheads for these paxholes.smh
In New York. Are marked by the city with taxi plate and 3 stiker in Windows. Every body know you do Uber ... I registered my car to limo base because it is ashamed to have Uber ... people seeing Uber driver sanitation man

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How rude to ask my ethnicity :mad: lol
Here's a hint, this is what I'm baking for dinner and also Atlanta is pretty gentrified but still the good old south

View attachment 309526
are you opening a restaurant? asking for a friend? LOL, Looks good

Buddy... these clowns are in college... they should know how to read and write?... why should I have to go through hoops for dumbash clowns who dont have any sense... let alone common sense...?
1 suggestion, say one of these ladies asks for your name, you decline? say she contacts Uber, says she's seen news reports about SC, don't be surprised they pull your ticket, but hey, what ever,jmo

I lived in Atlanta, GA for 4 years and people there are nice af
Agreed Gwinnett County Georgia

·
Registered
282 Posts
They should create a mandatory class on how to safely find your uber. This class will take a whole semester to complete.
it is very simple just little inprovement in the app to transform pasager name all scren on the
Phone. We have that on limo base and put the phone in left Windows when pasager see their name they know are in the right vehicle or Uber can give to any one personal nr. Then put the nr in the. Windows and doors

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
are you opening a restaurant? asking for a friend? LOL, Looks good

1 suggestion, say one of these ladies asks for your name, you decline? say she contacts Uber, says she's seen news reports about SC, don't be surprised they pull your ticket, but hey, what ever,jmo

Agreed Gwinnett County Georgia
That's exactly where I lived, in Sugarloaf, Duluth
I won't lie, it was one of my plans to open up a restaurant but ended up investing on a spa. I really enjoy cooking and people around me thinks that I am good at it

·
Premium Member
870 Posts

Survival of the fittest at its finest... it's honestly her fault for getting in the wrong car. Has nothing to do with rideshare at all. Everyone likes to blame people and never accept their mistakes. Unfortunately it cost her life but this should be a lesson to others not a potential punishment for drivers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.