Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
And those apps are on a cellphone. I think you've confused the fact that the GPS the pax sees is associated to your cellphone and not your vehicle. It just so happens that the cellphone is in your vehicle at the time you're picking them up.
In turn, a pax can put down their cellphone somewhere where they are not located and then what?

·
Premium Member
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And those apps are on a cellphone. I think you've confused the fact that the GPS the pax sees is associated to your cellphone and not your vehicle. It just so happens that the cellphone is in your vehicle at the time you're picking them up.
In turn, a pax can put down their cellphone somewhere where they are not located and then what?
I always leave my cellphone at home that way they can't find me, lol!!!

Oops, how am I going to drive Uber??? :D

·
Premium Member
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Presumably pax has their cellphone. After all, they just ordered a Uber and when we call, they usually answer
Yes, so knowing their actual location would save time. And we'd be able to see if they're on their way to the pin drop or just sitting in their house making us waste our lives, while we watch the grass grow.

·
Premium Member
3,125 Posts
I seen it randomly where it showed their actual location. Seems like random beta features are thrown at random drivers then disappears. I only seen 1 person precisely after that it went back to normal.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Yeah I think I seen it a couple times a year ago or so.

Having live GPS or at least the OPTION to get live gps telemetry would be awesome...

Ex: call up pax "dude tryina find ya here, be a pal hit that big fat GPS button in your Fuber app wouldya?"

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Having the pax's actual GPS location would balance things, yes?

I mean, they have ours!!!

Thoughts???
Lyfts drivers app shows where the passenger is actually at. If they move it moves with the passenger. Uber's app is years behind lyfts app. The $60 billion dollar company's app is leaps and bounds behind lyfts.

There's a little person on the app. So if they are still in the building the little person shows in the building and you can see them walking towards the car.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Lyfts drivers app shows where the passenger is actually at. If they move it moves with the passenger. Uber's app is years behind lyfts app. The $60 billion dollar company's app is leaps and bounds behind lyfts.

There's a little person on the app. So if they are still in the building the little person shows in the building and you can see them walking towards the car.
Uber has the ability to do this., I've watched pax walk up to my car on the app at events where they have to walk to the car in an assigned space.

·
Premium Member
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Brilliant!!!

·
Banned
20,770 Posts

No it doesnt.

-Lyft driver

1 - 20 of 94 Posts