Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Premium Member
4,113 Posts
California is not even on the list because the elite democrats have abandon their constitutes and have made no attempt to seek fare pay for drivers but in Seattle Portland and New York the local governments have highly Democrat have pushed for better pay for drivers.

Why are California politicians not pushing for better pay when our gas is near the highest in the nation?

not being on this list not even the top 10 shows the people of California are being duped by the local government

· Premium Member
4,018 Posts
California is not even on the list because the elite democrats have abandon their constitutes and have made no attempt to seek fare pay for drivers but in Seattle Portland and New York the local governments have highly Democrat have pushed for better pay for drivers.

Why are California politicians not pushing for better pay when our gas is near the highest in the nation?

not being on this list not even the top 10 shows the people of California are being duped by the local government
To be fair California politicians went after Uber bigtime with AB-5. Greased piglet Uber wriggled out of it with Prop 22.

· Banned
2,226 Posts
Because they already think we are overpaid. Which relative to the job and the effort it requires, they would be correct. There are still the effects of a global pandemic happening along with the resulting inflation, increased homelessness and soon to be crushing recession. The politicians are not concerned with Uber drivers pay mostly because they don’t need to be.

· Banned
2,226 Posts
Are you aware that this is not an article on what the driver gets paid but what the pax is charged? Not being on this list is actually a good thing if they are calculating base rates. CA cities have some of the highest base rates in the country. Our higher rates combined with lower cost to ride for the pax means we actually take home more of the fare than our counterparts in most of the cities on the list! (Seattle and NYC are the only two will stronger base rates as far as I can tell).

· Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Because they already think we are overpaid. Which relative to the job and the effort it requires, they would be correct. There are still the effects of a global pandemic happening along with the resulting inflation, increased homelessness and soon to be crushing recession. The politicians are not concerned with Uber drivers pay mostly because they don’t need to be.
Overpaid 😆😆😆

You crack me up sometimes.

The rates in California are a disgrace.

· Banned
2,226 Posts
Overpaid 😆😆😆

You crack me up sometimes.

The rates in California are a disgrace.
The disgrace is that some of you don’t seem to understand what society believes a person should make for simply driving people around. Bus drivers make $18-22 per hour. Same with shuttle bus drivers. Employee rideshare companies pay $17-20/hr. All of those jobs come with a schedule and possibly a uniform. They also come with your taxes pre paid at a higher rate than you should be paying and you have to wait up to 13-16 months before getting any of it back! That is the baseline of what politicians and society thinks you should be making.

Prior to the pandemic I made $25-30/online hour and about $35-40/active hour. On my own schedule with no boss, no uniform and I keep all of my money until I decide what the government is owed from MY work, not the other way around.

Pandemic and post pandemic has increased our earnings, I now average $40-50/online hour and $70+/active hour. Plus some drivers in CA are earning $5,000-$10,000 per year in healthcare stipends.

So yes, according to society’s view and the government need to keep the middle class down, we are considered overpaid.

PERSONALLY I do not feel that way, I think we are appropriately compensated. Those who adapt quickly and work hard make more than those who don’t. The tools are there to make $$, choosing to use them is another story.

Base rates mean absolutely nothing to most smart drivers. They aren’t and haven’t ever driven for base rates. They drive for the surge and incentives. Should we ever be completely void of surge and incentives, THEN it’s fair to discuss base rates needing an increase.

· Registered
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Base rates mean absolutely nothing to most smart drivers. They aren’t and haven’t ever driven for base rates. They drive for the surge and incentives. Should we ever be completely void of surge and incentives, THEN it’s fair to discuss base rates needing an increase.
The bottom line is the bottom line.

· Premium Member
4,018 Posts
The disgrace is that some of you don’t seem to understand what society believes a person should make for simply driving people around. Bus drivers make $18-22 per hour. Same with shuttle bus drivers. Employee rideshare companies pay $17-20/hr. All of those jobs come with a schedule and possibly a uniform. They also come with your taxes pre paid at a higher rate than you should be paying and you have to wait up to 13-16 months before getting any of it back! That is the baseline of what politicians and society thinks you should be making.

Prior to the pandemic I made $25-30/online hour and about $35-40/active hour. On my own schedule with no boss, no uniform and I keep all of my money until I decide what the government is owed from MY work, not the other way around.

Pandemic and post pandemic has increased our earnings, I now average $40-50/online hour and $70+/active hour. Plus some drivers in CA are earning $5,000-$10,000 per year in healthcare stipends.

So yes, according to society’s view and the government need to keep the middle class down, we are considered overpaid.

PERSONALLY I do not feel that way, I think we are appropriately compensated. Those who adapt quickly and work hard make more than those who don’t. The tools are there to make $$, choosing to use them is another story.

As an XL driving mostly to the airport during the day there is no surge and no incentives. I see these trips as an opportunity to recruit private riders where I can charge double the price. If Uber and Lyft paid me a reasonable rate I wouldn't need to do that.

· Banned
2,226 Posts
As an XL driving mostly to the airport during the day there is no surge and no incentives. I see these trips as an opportunity to recruit private riders where I can charge double the price. If Uber and Lyft paid me a reasonable rate I wouldn't need to do that.
Your “reasonable” rate starts at DOUBLE Uber’s rate by your own admission. For an uninsured ride with absolutely no protections whatsoever.

Sounds to me like you should be getting into the black car business. Or maybe a taxi driver. At least that would be legal and you’d get your “reasonable“ rate of $3+ per mile!

PS just because you only drive XL only doesn’t mean you don’t qualify for incentives. You CHOOSE to drive the platform without surge or incentives. You still have access to the X platform and all its glorious surge, do you not?

· Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Your “reasonable” rate starts at DOUBLE Uber’s rate by your own admission. For an uninsured ride with absolutely no protections whatsoever.

Sounds to me like you should be getting into the black car business. Or maybe a taxi driver. At least that would be legal and you’d get your “reasonable“ rate of $3+ per mile!

PS just because you only drive XL only doesn’t mean you don’t qualify for incentives. You CHOOSE to drive the platform without surge or incentives. You still have access to the X platform and all its glorious surge, do you not?
The service I give is exceptional and my clients are happy to pay for it. My insurance is my business. Uber's rates are disgustingly low and don't even talk to me about +$1, +$2 so called surge. They are brutal con-men, liars and thieves, as the recent release of the Uber papers confirms. I would make an excellent Black driver but I don't wish to ferry round drunks and ballers.

· Registered
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would make an excellent Black driver but I don't wish to ferry round drunks and ballers.
There exists a finite market for Black car service mainly because new millionaires aren't being created daily in any single market. It's also as competitive a market as the basic services are.

· Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
10,836 Posts

Too many free Dinners on Dhara.

$150 in steak dinners off the books goes a LONG way to buying a polticians loyalty. NY and Seattle are much further away. Plus they have to keep Uber in town or risk having all tech jobs leave California.

It's all politics... Dirty Sticken rotten politics, Oscar style with a side of Au Gratin potatoes and truffles on top.

While driver's increasingly can't afford basic maintenance.

Reactions: Mole

· Super Moderator
14,132 Posts
Yep right there at #3. Now find the top 10 cities for driver pay. Curious how that lines up with this list.
Are you aware that this is not an article on what the driver gets paid but what the pax is charged? Not being on this list is actually a good thing if they are calculating base rates. CA cities have some of the highest base rates in the country. Our higher rates combined with lower cost to ride for the pax means we actually take home more of the fare than our counterparts in most of the cities on the list! (Seattle and NYC are the only two will stronger base rates as far as I can tell).
What are your guys's rates out there? Last I heard Seattle was the best paying city but that's been a while

· Premium Member
4,875 Posts

Well you guys voted to approve prop 22, 120% of minimum wage and 30/ mile guaranteed.

Only 7/8s majority needed to amended it, should be easy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts