Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a beauty of a day.
As I'm driving to my Sunday sweet spot, my plan was to stop, get some gas and get into position.
Yeah, didn't go so well.
As I pulled in to the Shell gas station, I wasn't paying attention. I put in my Uber debit card, entered my pin, then canceled the sale as I realized that I was at the diesel pump. I smacked my forehead with my palm, called myself some nasty words and proceeded to pull up to a different pump.
I repeat the process then receive the dreaded "see cashier" message. The gentleman explained to me that since I swiped my card twice, Shell would put a hold of x amount of dollars on my card. Since I only had $40 on the Uber card (or -$60 because I always keep it negative and only use it for gas) Shell locked up that $ in a pre auth pending phase.
Ok, no big deal. I have a few cards on me and that charge will be reversed tomorrow. I'll just use a different debit card and off we go right?
Not so fast...
I slid my second debit card in and it was instantly approved but as I began to pump gas, the pump stopped. Although no gas was coming out and I wasn't even touching the pump, the price/dollar amount kept running. The numbers were moving like a slot machine up into the thousands. I tried to go in and get the attendants attention but the door was locked because he was having a shite. I ran back, placed the pump back and saw that the final price was $638.36
This amount was not deducted from my bank account but he did provide me with a receipt for the amount. He then began to question me about what kind of card I was using. In addition he instructed me not to use that card at any other pumps. As if I was going to try again at his gas station bahahaha. ok.

After finally grabbing some gas elsewhere, I received my first request. A long trip in my destination range. As I pull up a gentleman named Jacob attempted to place a 14-15 year old girl in my vehicle headed from PA to New Jersey. I asked her for ID, she didn't have it. When she argued as to why I was cancelling I replied "I have no desire to spend any time in prison for transporting a minor across state lines." Cancel, report, collect.

Now my next request comes in. Long trip for a person named Avery. I pull up, look over and see two young girls walking towards my vehicle. I mean you have got to be ****ing kidding me right???!!! When I asked if they were 18 they replied no and were kind of shocked that I asked. Sorry ladies. Cancel, report, collect.

As I'm about to go online, I stop. I had a long internal discussion with myself. After this discussion I decided to go buy some tequila, a shit ton of limes and just go the hell home. I had a feeling that this disaster wasn't going to get any better.

What a ****ing day...

tumblr_o8ruawcijo1siloiwo1_400.gif

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I don't want to tell you I told you so, but...... see one of my previous comments about the Uber car and the 0 % loan.

uber card.jpg

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I would have Jacob texted me me to clarify that he ordered the ride for his daughter and screenshot that message, then go.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
I just finished the last of the durbin poison I had (strong sativa). Im way more of an indica guy, but of corse I finished it.

@Bus Bozo you'd love durbin poison

@Wex you'd hate durbin poison
I like the taste of Durban but you're right too strong of a sativa. Great landrace though. I currently have a sativa actually, bought it based off of the terpene profile because it was high in myrcene and carophyllene. My favorite strain currently is Girl Scout Cookies or any variation of it.

·
Premium Member
9,342 Posts
I like the taste of Durban but you're right too strong of a sativa. Great landrace though. I currently have a sativa actually, bought it based off of the terpene profile because it was high in myrcene and carophyllene. My favorite strain currently is Girl Scout Cookies or any variation of it.
Im a big fan of the kush hybrids. I need to get a card though. Im almost out of sources, two of them turned to medical recently.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Lately there is a shortage of flower....my clinic sends you an email when it comes in....mostly CBD indica is what's available. But the vape cartridges are nice, and oh so easy.

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nobody questioning the "Gentleman" putting a 15 yr old girl in an uber and sending her to NJ?????? That's pretty sketchy...
Sorry, let me fix that.
Jacob couldn't have been over 18 either so it was basically a minor calling an Uber for another minor.

I like how this thread turned into an herb suggestion box haha. You guys know me so well.

Have any of you tried this before?:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts