Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got called by this imposter claiming to be Uber support "offering a promotion for being a great driver." I didn't fall for it. I hung up and called the real Uber support and verified the number was a fake. This should go without saying. But please dont give out sensitive information over a customer phone number.

He may not be an Uber employee... but he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...
Omg... I'm dying. 😂😂😂

· Premium Member
7,119 Posts
I just got called by this imposter claiming to be Uber support "offering a promotion for being a great driver." I didn't fall for it. I hung up and called the real Uber support and verified the number was a fake. This should go without saying. But please dont give out sensitive information over a customer phone number.

Omg... I'm dying. 😂😂😂
Did you shuffle and collect your $4?

· Registered
478 Posts
Would it be a legitimate shuffle since it's a fake rider anyways?
[/Q
Would it be a legitimate shuffle since it's a fake rider anyways?
It is absolutely a legitimate shuffle.
They submitted a ride request, you accepted, they didn't show within five minutes of your arrival. Boom! Shuffle.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Beware the Uber Driver too! Likely to keep any crap you leave there by mistake then lie to your face that you left it there.....
I mean, you said "crap you leave." So it is not a lie that you "left it" there. XD idk if you said it wrong. But anyways. But hey. Honestly, if an Uber driver stole anything, they wouldn't be an Uber driver for very long. It's impossible. 😅 It's hard enough to keep my 4.87 star rating

· Premium Member
13,438 Posts
When you get these scam calls you should

A) keep them talking and drive to the pin. Collect that cancel fee.

B) get to the pick up point and start the trip. Keep them talking and tell them you are complying with their demands and rack up some Dollar!

C) do what some stranger on the phone says. Give them all your personal banking information. Get yo sally A$$ robbed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.