Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an uber eats last night about 1 am just as the snow was really comming down and rodes were covered and very slick. From 9th and race about a whole 6 blocks or so to 10th and walnut, Jefferson. Dr comes out takes food. No tip... made me go 6 blocks in the snow and ice with no tip. A Dr at that. I know I choose to do it. I know they don't have to. Come on it should just be common decency to tip under those conditions.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know. I just think if someone is comming out in a snow storm to deliver you food, especially a minumal trip. You should tip. If it were dominos or any were else that delivered I'm sure they would have got a tip. Besides that not only did I not get a tip. I didn't even get a thank you. Know what I got? I got a hurry up it's cold out here. Cause I guess it took me to long to open my door and grab the 3 bags of food for him. Musta got food for the whole staff.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Got an uber eats last night about 1 am just as the snow was really comming down and rodes were covered and very slick. From 9th and race about a whole 6 blocks or so to 10th and walnut, Jefferson. Dr comes out takes food. No tip... made me go 6 blocks in the snow and ice with no tip. A Dr at that. I know I choose to do it. I know they don't have to. Come on it should just be common decency to tip under those conditions.
But your customer wasn't 'Un-Titled'.....he was a Doctor. :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Instead of tip you should spit on his food. I never did uber eats.
lol..I did my share of Ubereats and I honestly stopped because I got tired of delivering in malls, up long flights of stairs and the 20th floor on the elevator without getting tipped, If I kept delivering food I would've eventually sabotaged the deliveries so before that happens I knew I had to call it quits.

I don't know. I just think if someone is comming out in a snow storm to deliver you food, especially a minumal trip. You should tip. If it were dominos or any were else that delivered I'm sure they would have got a tip. Besides that not only did I not get a tip. I didn't even get a thank you. Know what I got? I got a hurry up it's cold out here. Cause I guess it took me to long to open my door and grab the 3 bags of food for him. Musta got food for the whole staff.
I agree, Ubereats customer's are the worst. I delivered from the same restaurant but different delivery company and get tips, It's uber and there tipping is not required bull$hit.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know it does say tipping not included. I'm just saying you would think any decent human being would tip in those conditions, no matter who was doing the service. I know I would

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I know it does say tipping not included. I'm just saying you would think any decent human being would tip in those conditions, no matter who was doing the service. I know I would
Uber has created this non tipping culture and uber reinforces it in the app. Uber was exaggerating the driver incomes up to $90,000/yr and stating tip included. They lost those lawsuits but the non tipping culture remains and is strong with uber. We should all be looking for better jobs.

The real question here is why are you doing ubereats in the first place. Next why risk it in snow and ice conditions when your risk goes up and the reward is still very low. I could see risking it on a high multiple surge but not on ubereats. We all live and learn but uber doesn't give a crap about drivers and they are just in it to make a quick buck. Good luck to all drivers but uber is a leech on the working class.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I signed up for uber eats origanly and then found out quickly it wasn't to my liking so I op-ed out. Then a few months back they sent me a famous email asking if I'd like to sign back up for eats. It did come in handy when it was slow. So I emailed them and said the only way is if I have a choice between just doing eats or just doing x. They said ok and gave me 3 options. 3 different accounts 1 for only eats one for only x only and one for both I would just go into account in the app and choice which one I wanted. Worked great till about 2 weeks ago. Started getting eats when I was in the x only. When to office they said uber stoped letting the different accounts because they are testing a new system in select areas where that choice is built in. They told me to wait and after testing it will be rolled out to all. I asked then if I can op-ed out of eats in till this is rolled out. They told me not possible so been stuck with both. Normally ignore eats simple as that. But last night thought in the snow it would be a change from people telling me how to drive in the inclement weather. Though I have been driving for 25 years. And they don't even have a d.l. or are about 21.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Well I signed up for uber eats origanly and then found out quickly it wasn't to my liking so I op-ed out. Then a few months back they sent me a famous email asking if I'd like to sign back up for eats. It did come in handy when it was slow. So I emailed them and said the only way is if I have a choice between just doing eats or just doing x. They said ok and gave me 3 options. 3 different accounts 1 for only eats one for only x only and one for both I would just go into account in the app and choice which one I wanted. Worked great till about 2 weeks ago. Started getting eats when I was in the x only. When to office they said uber stoped letting the different accounts because they are testing a new system in select areas where that choice is built in. They told me to wait and after testing it will be rolled out to all. I asked then if I can op-ed out of eats in till this is rolled out. They told me not possible so been stuck with both. Normally ignore eats simple as that. But last night thought in the snow it would be a change from people telling me how to drive in the inclement weather. Though I have been driving for 25 years. And they don't even have a d.l. or are about 21.
We all know your pain. It seems uber purposely screws us every chance they can. It could be such a win win situation for everybody but someone at uber can't see the big picture. Happy drivers provide good service for happy customers who use uber more for more corporate profit. But uber decides to become the walmart of taxis so we'll see where this goes.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Driving in the snow cost me 611 dollars in repairs... Money I don't have... Got a hole n oil pan...... Got taken by dealership... Hope I get my car tomorrow.. Make money during St pats.... But i will never go out n storms... I only made 94 dollars.. Didn't see no 64 dollar fares out of the 7 rides mostly lyft line

·
Premium Member
5,362 Posts
That comment would make me "accidentally" drop the food. Oops, I guess I hurried up too fast.
Do another delivery service instead of Eats.

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
Driving in the snow cost me 611 dollars in repairs... Money I don't have... Got a hole n oil pan...... Got taken by dealership... Hope I get my car tomorrow.. Make money during St pats.... But i will never go out n storms... I only made 94 dollars.. Didn't see no 64 dollar fares out of the 7 rides mostly lyft line
I'm so glad I do my own work. $611 for that is just abusive.

One thing you absolutely have to do is find a mechanic who isn't a thief. While hard to find, they do exist. They are never at car dealerships though. Don't let those crooks touch your car unless it's warranty work. If they tell you it's not under warranty, have it towed somewhere else. Even if you have to pay for the tow it'll be cheaper.

·
Premium Member
63,020 Posts
lol..I did my share of Ubereats and I honestly stopped because I got tired of delivering in malls, up long flights of stairs and the 20th floor on the elevator without getting tipped, If I kept delivering food I would've eventually sabotaged the deliveries so before that happens I knew I had to call it quits.

I agree, Ubereats customer's are the worst. I delivered from the same restaurant but different delivery company and get tips, It's uber and there tipping is not required bull$hit.
Uber sucks.
How long can they last ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm so glad I do my own work. $611 for that is just abusive.

One thing you absolutely have to do is find a mechanic who isn't a thief. While hard to find, they do exist. They are never at car dealerships though. Don't let those crooks touch your car unless it's warranty work. If they tell you it's not under warranty, have it towed somewhere else. Even if you have to pay for the tow it'll be cheaper.
Any recommendation for a mechanic? John, at Midas by Oxford Valley Mall, has always been fair with me, but doesn't do everything.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts