Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After what happened tonight now I know I need a drive cam.

Got a request from a rider named james. Soon as I turn the corner to the pick up the address is across the street. So I prepare to look for a male, as I'm making a u turn and this woman flags me down. I state I'm for James because she's asking me who am I for. Red flag one. She asks if I prefer she sit in the front or the back. Red flag number 2. As she gets in the front because that's what she preferred and we get the ride underway. I see and smell she's been drinking. The ride was funny she held a conversation about a few things. I noticed she had a wedding ring on. Now when I get to her stop and just before she gets out I see her start leaning in like she wanted to kiss me to give me a tip. I'm like oh hell new as I'm putting my hands up and leaning back. I'm like I don't do that, that's not necessary. She's like I'm allowed to at least kiss you on the cheek. I'm like noo your not, I'm not gonna be on the news cause you called the cops and said I did something. She kissed her hand and tapped my cheek and got out. As she was walking away she blew a kiss as I drove off.
Now I'm gonna get a horrible rating cause I resisted her advances.
Lord have mercy

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
you did the right thing man. get that cam you dont want to end up with false charges ,i dont trust these women out here sorry. video proof is what we need to save our asses.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My camera runs from the beginning of my shifts until the end to protect me from bologna stuff like that. Being a young man myself, I've had a few passengers (yes, male and female) make passes at me. I play dumb and/or mention my fictional wife and kids at home. Hang in there, brother

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Never ask a pax if they are "say their name"
If they ask if I am uber or I pull up and think it is the pax, I roll down the window enough to speak but not far enough for someone to stick their hand in and ask "what is your name". If they say they are waiting for an uber, I ask what their name is before allowing them in. This whole time the doors are locked. When people have been drinking anyone will jump in your car and you'll end up driving them somewhere when finally the pax who requested you cancels the trip and you are f'ed.

·
24,224 Posts
There are a few ladies on this forum who have posted that they NEVER let a guy sit in the front. It is not a bad policy that a guy should never let a girl sit in the front.

"Please, Ma'am, could we keep this businesslike?"

·
Registered
602 Posts
After what happened tonight now I know I need a drive cam.

Got a request from a rider named james. Soon as I turn the corner to the pick up the address is across the street. So I prepare to look for a male, as I'm making a u turn and this woman flags me down. I state I'm for James because she's asking me who am I for. Red flag one. She asks if I prefer she sit in the front or the back. Red flag number 2. As she gets in the front because that's what she preferred and we get the ride underway. I see and smell she's been drinking. The ride was funny she held a conversation about a few things. I noticed she had a wedding ring on. Now when I get to her stop and just before she gets out I see her start leaning in like she wanted to kiss me to give me a tip. I'm like oh hell new as I'm putting my hands up and leaning back. I'm like I don't do that, that's not necessary. She's like I'm allowed to at least kiss you on the cheek. I'm like noo your not, I'm not gonna be on the news cause you called the cops and said I did something. She kissed her hand and tapped my cheek and got out. As she was walking away she blew a kiss as I drove off.
Now I'm gonna get a horrible rating cause I resisted her advances.
Lord have mercy
You caught all the red flags except the most obvious one. Isn't the fact that you feel you need a dash cam glaring evidence that maybe this whole Uber scam isn't an intelligent decision?

·
Premium Member
8,235 Posts
There are a few ladies on this forum who have posted that they NEVER let a guy sit in the front. It is not a bad policy that a guy should never let a girl sit in the front.

"Please, Ma'am, could we keep this businesslike?"
hmmmm
so they getting a 1star if they tell them to get out the seat and get in the back

im trying to find the difference between folks back in the day having to sit in the back of the bus, and now men having to sit in the back of the car.....

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
You caught all the red flags except the most obvious one. Isn't the fact that you feel you need a dash cam glaring evidence that maybe this whole Uber scam isn't an intelligent decision?
Would you say that about ALL locations that have security cameras? Retail? Gas stations? Schools and hospitals? Even homes?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Would you say that about ALL locations that have security cameras? Retail? Gas stations? Schools and hospitals? Even homes?
They are all fixed business locations that have them for recorded evidence of the activities that occur in the store and identification in the event of a robbery. The decision to have them wasn't an employee decision it was a company decision. I don't think anyone would question the need of them. My point was and STILL IS if an Uber driver feels that he needs a dash cam to protect himself shouldn't he be seeing the red flag and asking himself, maybe I shouldn't be doing this Uber deal in the first place?

·
Registered
744 Posts
I've personally been trying to get a dash cam too because sometimes I can't believe what's going on as it's happening. I'm like, holly shit I wish I could record this right now. I've gotten several phone numbers from girls and one Friday night I had a group of drunk bridesmaids ask me to go back to the Westin in Georgetown to be their private male stripper. They took my number and one of the girls was texting me and everything lol.
Sometimes when I make eye contact and smile at the customer before she gets in, she'll ask "is it ok if I sit in the front?"
I'm not a bad looking guy, but this happens at least once a week, girl asks to sit in the front, we talk, she gives me her number, I never call her .. lol
I feel like if the vibe is right, and you're both having a good time then why not get her number? Can't be any worse than Match or picking up a girl at the club.
Of course, picking up or hiting on the customer is never my intention, but if she's coming on to you, making eye contact and her body language is saying she wants you, and you're single, why not?

Btw I'm 27 and my current GF is a 45 year old cougar that was my passenger one night a couple months back.. The age difference is a bit odd still but I think I'll get used to it..
My point was, if the customer is coming on to you, and you are attracted to her as well, you no longer should have to play the professional "driver" role.
Were you high while typing this??? You can't be serious....

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'm one of their best drivers.. Top 10% I've never had a complaint. What's your rating?
Who cares about ratings, except Uber??? Lol. I'm top rated as well. Doesn't change that you are a news article waiting to happen. Further, clearly someone has complained, if you are not a 4.9 or higher. You just don't know it yet.

·
Premium Member
8,235 Posts
[email protected] all of it. But unless I read it wrong, he didn't say he was going at women. I mean, if a female says here's my NY number call me later, he should say no simply because he drives for Uber?

1 - 20 of 146 Posts