Uber Drivers Forum banner

"The Truth About Uber" in Sept. Issue of Walrus Magazine

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  TomP 
#1 ·
Can someone please get their hands on the Sept Issue of The Walrus Magazine, thanx!

Hood Product Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

See less See more
#6 ·
Walrus said:
"If cities don't ban UberX, then drivers will have no incentive to go to cab school," Quaye said. "There'll be no CPR training, no refresher courses for older drivers. The municipal licensing officers will lose their jobs.
LOL, how should that concern an average rider?

Walrus said:
Cities will lose money, because UberX guys don't pay HST. Thousands of people will cheat on their taxes."
Utter nonsense. What does "city" has to do with HST? Also, claiming that people will cheat on their taxes is nothing but hypocricy and discrimination. Hypocricy because, don't tell me, a taxi driver, that you diligently file all your cash income and pay taxes of it. Discrimination because you, taxi driver, think that you are better than me just because you are licensed.

Reactions: djino
#9 · (Edited)
"Sorry, I gotta focus." Moments later we stopped at a red light, and in the relative quiet I heard familiar pops and buzzes. She was playing Candy Crush.
Once i move off and the pax is comfortably seated, I'll say something like: "hows your night going? if they want to talk, they'll use this as a springboard to tell you their life's story, up to and including how they lost their virginity. If not, they'll say: it's ok. And you?" After you answer, they won't say anything more. That means they do NOT want to talk. Just shut up and drive. When 2 or more pax are in the car, unless they actually include you in their conversation, they would really prefer you just shut up and drive.

#10 ·
Once i move off and the pax is comfortably seated, I'll say something like: "hows your night going? if they want to talk, they'll use this as a springboard to tell you their life's story, up to and including how they lost their virginity.
Ditto.

If not, they'll say: it's ok. And you?" After you answer, they won't say anything more. That means they do NOT want to talk. Just shut up and drive.
That's my motto. Don't bother them if they don't want to talk. You are not their friend or social support worker. Don't wanna talk? Fine by me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.