Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UBER loves to advertise that it is a good deal for the driver, and claim that their fee to the driver is 20% of the fare. This is not true. It is frequently over 50% of the fare. The average UBER deduction is more than 33% of the fare you pay. They recently invented a $2.10 "safe driver fee" which is nothing more than a way to manipulate the calculation to expand their percentage at the expense of the drivers. UBER is an opportunity really only appropriate for people desperate for money. I am a full time driver. I gross $12.14 per hour before I deduct for gasoline, which runs 13% of my gross, which brings it to $10.56 per hour. I am also putting 1,056 miles on my car per week, so I should really deduct depreciation on my car, since 50,000+ UBER miles a year will make my car worth almost nothing over a period of a couple years. Bottom line: you can make slightly more than minimum wage driving for UBER. Most UBER drivers also drive for Lyft, which does take an honest 20%. Obviously we all wish customers would use Lyft instead of UBER. Unfortunately UBER is much more popular in Indianapolis at this time.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
UBER loves to advertise that it is a good deal for the driver, and claim that their fee to the driver is 20% of the fare. This is not true. It is frequently over 50% of the fare. The average UBER deduction is more than 33% of the fare you pay. They recently invented a $2.10 "safe driver fee" which is nothing more than a way to manipulate the calculation to expand their percentage at the expense of the drivers. UBER is an opportunity really only appropriate for people desperate for money. I am a full time driver. I gross $12.14 per hour before I deduct for gasoline, which runs 13% of my gross, which brings it to $10.56 per hour. I am also putting 1,056 miles on my car per week, so I should really deduct depreciation on my car, since 50,000+ UBER miles a year will make my car worth almost nothing over a period of a couple years. Bottom line: you can make slightly more than minimum wage driving for UBER. Most UBER drivers also drive for Lyft, which does take an honest 20%. Obviously we all wish customers would use Lyft instead of UBER. Unfortunately UBER is much more popular in Indianapolis at this time.
POST # 1/bill k: Just hook-up with
Ex-[F]Uberer/
Current Lyfter & Well-Known
IndyDriver . He'll
"steer you straight". Just tell him that
Bostonian Bison sent you.
Seriously!

Mentoring Bison: Mentoring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts