Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
The Uber business model at its most successful. Gazillions of riders and tens of gazillions of available drivers. Sudden service, drivers starving to death for a living and lines of newbies waiting for their chance to grab the brass ring. It's gonna be great!!!!

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
I had the same experience which made no sense between 10-11:15 I had 1 ride I was able to drive all through downtown with no pings with lyft

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I had the same experience which made no sense between 10-11:15 I had 1 ride I was able to drive all through downtown with no pings with lyft
My belief is that if you opted in for the special Chicago Lyft Guarantee this weekend, the company computer has you as a "marked" driver. Marked not to get the 2 "doable" rides, during most of those hourly increments. I experienced this myself on Friday and again today. If I had not of opted-in to the guarantee, the number of Ride Requests would have been higher...as they usually are during those times, on Friday and Saturday.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Never opt in just got to work the system
It appears that UBER is different from LYFT when it comes to how bonuses and promotions are structured. I like seeing what you shared because it shows how Uber works. I have never driven for Uber. And it's great that you don't have to "Opt In" for promotions. That's how it should be! Opting in just raises the suspicion that profiling and targeting is taking place.

It's really sad that Uber doesn't encourage tipping. The 20% that Lyft keeps from my revenue is significantly offset by tips. This week so far, the tips are larger than the Lyft fee. That's unusual, but welcome. Uber wouldn't lose any worthwhile customers if it built a TIP option into the passenger app. It's almost as if someone at the top of the company has deeply rooted dislike for the drivers, isn't it? I bet this person tips his cleaning lady and waiters well!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts