Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you pay Netflix a fee for every show you watch
Do you pay your insurance company for every time you use your car.
Do you pay your phone company for every text/call you make?
No you don't, these are all services you pay a monthly bill to use (unless your still buying minutes?)
Why is it that we should have to give Uber a cut of every ride we give?
The fact of the matter is that we are independent contractors, and Uber is a service that we purchase in order to connect us with our customers.
So why are we having to give them a cut of our income?
Like they're some shady mobster forcing us to pay protection money.
We should be paying a flat monthly fee for this, after all it is at the end of the day an app, an app, I'll repeat it, just an app.

I can only dream that this will snowball in hopes of change for the better or possible a new ride share service designed with everyone in mind, Not just executives pockets.

·
Premium Member
71,889 Posts
No you don't, these are all services you pay a monthly bill to use (unless your still buying minutes?)
The fact of the matter is that we are independent contractors, and Uber is a service that we purchase in order to connect us with our customers.
We should be paying a flat monthly fee for this, after all it is at the end of the day an app, an app, I'll repeat it, just an app.

I can only dream that this will snowball in hopes of change for the better or possible a new ride share service designed with everyone in mind, Not just executives pockets.
Build the App. And we will come . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
5,663 Posts

Simple, Because you're not a true business owner buying goods and services from a provider. That is only what Uber tells lawmakers so that they will be better able to exploit you. You are essentially an employee that isn't guaranteed minimum wage, insurance, workers comp, pension/401k.

To top it all off Uber doesn't like to use Vaseline or condoms.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts

I think what you are failing to realize is that Uber does more that just match riders and drivers. They also hold the drivers money for them, and as well as field complaints about the drivers from the customers. When Ubering was illegal in places like Pennsylvania, they bailed out the drivers out in regards to the citations they received.

über also provides 1099 service,giving their drivers official notice of their income, so that they don't have to figure it out themselves when they do their taxes.

And for that service, Uber only takes about 1/3 or so of the gross- much less than American Pimps withhold from their Hoes.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts

Check out Tryp, that's their thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I will thanks. I knew there had to be somebody somewhere working in it.

I think what you are failing to realize is that Uber does more that just match riders and drivers. They also hold the drivers money for them, and as well as field complaints about the drivers from the customers. When Ubering was illegal in places like Pennsylvania, they bailed out the drivers out in regards to the citations they received.

über also provides 1099 service,giving their drivers official notice of their income, so that they don't have to figure it out themselves when they do their taxes.

And for that service, Uber only takes about 1/3 or so of the gross- much less than American Pimps withhold from their Hoes.
If I registered as a taxi driver with the city it wouldn't be illegal and the rest of what you described is essentially a bank account and payroll service (by the way a business pays a yearly contract to have, flat rate system)
And as indepentend contractors its our jobs to keep track of our income and expenses of OUR business, if it's really that hard to do simple math and save receipts then maybe Uber will stick around for people like you lol.
And I know you might say why not do that and become your own taxi service, but I think you know that with the uprise of rideshare. taxis have been made obsolete due to extremely cheap prices. The only thing keeping the taxi system alive is the negative media about rapes and murders involving ride shares.

Uber could easily drop their own expenses by getting rid of all that and keeping their online wallets and treat their "partners" exactly how independent contractors should be treated.

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
I like this analogy... except uberlyft is no pimp per se because they don't offer their hoes any protection whatsoever.
They are closer to what backpage dot com or craigslist adult services were up until a few years back- a platform that connects Johns and Hoes. The exception is the hoes placing their ads were able to set their own prices.
We may all be ride share hoes and just because i don't have a problem whoring myself out doesn't mean I'm a cheapwhore.
I'm no streetwalker and my car isn't the $2 special block in the South Bronx either. I don't give rides for loosie cigarettes, peanuts or chump change.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.