Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To Stop Driving will not get immediate results because many people need money especially after Christmas. Steps have to be taken first.

This Plan will Work
I have a multi part plan that know WILL WORK. This plan requires minimal effort and no money. It does not require $1,000's of dollars or recruiting drivers all over the state or country to work. This plan will get us to that point! We need a solid plan that will work now. Trust me within a few short weeks Uber will be weak in the knees. This will catch fire quick!

Here it is
1. Every driver should make a short youtube video and post it. Make sure you maximize the keywords so it ranks high on Google (easy). If you don't feel like outing yourself then wear a face mask. If you do explain the mask in the video. Then post the video from the parking lot of a mall, school, mcdonalds, Dunkin Donuts or anywhere you can catch an open wifi connection. Download a free VPN app from your phone. This will allow you to post with a different ip address other than your home. If you don't know how to do this ask a friend. On the video Explain your true feelings about Ubers poor treatment of drivers. Explain how Uber operates. Then ask everyone watching your video for their help. If they agree ask them to make and post their own video the same way. Ask all drivers to help us organize by posting their email address (a newly made one) in the comments below. Then set up a brand new twitter account and post the link for your video in Twitter and other Free Social media sites. Don't say anything malicious or untrue. Just tell your own story. All you have to do is tell the truth! If enough of us do this Uber will begin to see we are not the silent majority anymore. They will also fear a slow down of on=boarding new drivers. Once you collect all the email addresses you can use them in the future to help your brothers and sisters organize further. If Uber deactivates you for this then contact uberlawsuit.com and then go to unemployment and and the labor board and file a claim if you feel you are an employee.

Remember to make all new accounts and do not post from your house if you fear unfair retribution from Uber.

Feel Free to add comments about #1

See my next Post #2 Its even better.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm not making a youtube video, cuz it's just not my thing. But I would love to make a flyer notating all of our points and hand them out to everyone in Hoboken and Jersey City so these passengers know EXACTLY what kind of company this is from our perspective. Flyers are cheap. A simple and effective flyer that someone can read in 30 seconds and get the jist of would be an extremely powerful tool to get our message across. Word would spread very very quickly, especially in those areas.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I cannot disagree with you more. If you continue to drive for Uber despite the fact that you're are not making any money, in fact you're losing them, than you have only yourself to blame for allowing Uber to make it happened. Let me put it different way - suppose you're working at a large company making the minimum salary and the next day you found out that your management just cut your paycheck by 33%. But never mind - they say, you can make the same money or even more by working 10-12 hours a day. Would you continue to work for them? No, you leave and work for someone else.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm not making a youtube video, cuz it's just not my thing. But I would love to make a flyer notating all of our points and hand them out to everyone in Hoboken and Jersey City so these passengers know EXACTLY what kind of company this is from our perspective. Flyers are cheap. A simple and effective flyer that someone can read in 30 seconds and get the jist of would be an extremely powerful tool to get our message across. Word would spread very very quickly, especially in those areas.
I can tell you from first hand experience, having done exactly this myself, your rating will tank and the riders could give a shit. You are to shut up and color, not question the great and powerful Oz. If you do, you have an army of people who thank Oz for helping them get out of DUI situations, get to work, get home, get to the doctor for very little coin and they will out you in a heartbeat by just giving you a 3 star or more effective 1 star. And, the helpless desk won't share why your ratings are tanking...because it's a privacy issue. Looking to the pax for support is a losing effort.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I can tell you from first hand experience, having done exactly this myself, your rating will tank and the riders could give a shit. You are to shut up and color, not question the great and powerful Oz. If you do, you have an army of people who thank Oz for helping them get out of DUI situations, get to work, get home, get to the doctor for very little coin and they will out you in a heartbeat by just giving you a 3 star or more effective 1 star. And, the helpless desk won't share why your ratings are tanking...because it's a privacy issue. Looking to the pax for support is a losing effort.
I meant for this to be done on foot, just handing them out to people on the street. I wouldn't do it while I was driving. Hoboken has a lot of foot traffic, which is why I think this method would be very effective.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts