·
Premium Member
7,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Area is surging
Paxhole requests car and it's accepted
Driver heads toward area
Pax cancels within 2 minutes
Driver, now sitting in new area lowers surge.....
Screw you uber

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You dared to question Uber's authority to screw you out of money. You have been placed on "double secret probation" and are now subject to deactivation.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Pax cancelled full well knowing you were in the area and the surge would be going away and could re-request you!
They do that by looking...

At someone else's phone...

Then when they get cheaper they cancel...

Similar to "Uber racing"...

Which is more rude and extreme...8>)

Rakos

Attachments

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Rage....bubbling to the surface of my brain.........

Every time Uber tells me "because cancellation fees are paid automatically by our system when applicable, and the system didn't pay me a cancellation fee which means I'm not owed one", I write back and tell them to stop sending that statement out as a reason for not providing cancellation fees, because it sounds absolutely absurd. It's like a joke - I don't understand how they can continue using that phrase while believing it's legitimate.

Actually, I normally address that stupid reasoning before they even send it to me: When I write in with the trip's details (if they don't pay me my cancellation fee) and I add screenshots of when I accepted the trip and various other points in getting to the pickup location so they can add my cancellation fee (that they're trying not to pay me) I'll say "and please, for the love of all things holy, don't respond with the standard malarkey about how your system didn't automatically apply a cancellation fee, so that means I'm not owed a cancellation fee." When I provide proof of screenshot times and my location within the map and the details necessary to show I am owed my paltry $3.75, it infuriates me to no end having to read an Uber response trying to correlate their ridiculous system/app with why I wasn't paid for doing my part in the contracted work we both agreed to.

Uber, your system sucking shit can't be the excuse you use when trying to get out of paying me for doing the job we both agreed I would be doing. It simply doesn't work that way -- in this universe or any other.

If a driver is truly owed a cancellation fee (all parameters are really met for payment) and he/she doesn't receive one, they should never accept Uber's "our system didn't pay you so we don't owe you a cancellation fee" excuse. It sounds like a joke, but they actually think it's a good reason. Bizarre.

·
Registered
947 Posts
They do that by looking...

At someone else's phone...

Then when they get cheaper they cancel...

Similar to "Uber racing"...

Which is more rude and extreme...8>)

Rakos
If this is a thing there is one fairly simple solution to combat it. If you take a surge ping immediately set a timer for 2 minutes. Do not drive anywhere during that 2 mins. Immediately at the timer begin driving to the pickup. If they cancel within 2 minutes at least you haven't penetrated further into the surge zone (although dozens of ants probably have) and you still should be in that +/- 5 minutes of the original eta to where you SHOULD still get your cancellation fee if they cancel after 2 minutes. Perfect solution? No but it's something if this becomes a trend with paxholes.

I use a similar strategy when I do on the rare occasion take a long pickup. Take the ping, set a timer for 10 mins (or whatever the threshold is in your market). Then proceed at a reasonable but not hurried rate. For me that means I'm setting my cruise control right at the speed limit and might take a slightly longer way to the expressway. This leaves more mileage for when that timer goes off and that fee kicks in. We all know by now more miles=more money. Timer goes off, step on the gas, get up to about 10 over and kill those big miles. Still usually get there by the initially eta. Don't do these that frequently but done 4-5 this way in the last month and my long pickup fees have basically doubled since.

·
Premium Member
9,234 Posts
I'll say "and please, for the love of all things holy, don't respond with the standard malarkey about how your system didn't automatically apply a cancellation fee, so that means I'm not owed a cancellation fee."
Your request falls on deaf ears, because their their "standard malarkey" is written "for the love of all things" unholy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.