Uber Drivers Forum banner

The PPA Continues Its Suckfest!

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Danz Haagen 
#1 ·
Reactions: Cathi
#6 ·
I wish the PUC would take care and regulate the transportation/taxi dept. of Philadelphia, they have proven that they are more willing to take a change. However if anybody will get some $$ it's probably the PUC and not the PPA. Vince just tries to do what the PUC is doing since years when regulating utilities and transportation. Doesn't fly with the PPA. I have been to proceedings and hearings with the PUC (I am not an attorney!!) and they are willing to work with you if you work with them , being that said wonder how this will go on ..

#7 ·
and btw if Philadelphia is able to abolish the traffic court so they should be able to do the same with the PPA !!!

Philadelphia Traffic Court Abolished; Seven Judges Convicted

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/new...affic-court-abolished-seven-judges-convicted/

The first black woman to be named president judge of Philadelphia's Traffic Court has been sentenced to two years in federal prison in connection with a widespread ticket-fixing scandal that also led to the convictions or guilty pleas of six other judges. Another Traffic Court judge charged in the case was acquitted at trial.

At her sentencing hearing on December 5, 2014, former judge Thomasine Tynes, 71, became the first member of the court to publicly admit that she had participated in fixing traffic tickets for family members, friends and political allies for the entire 20 years she served on the bench.

#9 ·
and btw if Philadelphia is able to abolish the traffic court so they should be able to do the same with the PPA !!!

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/new...affic-court-abolished-seven-judges-convicted/

The first black woman to be named president judge of Philadelphia's Traffic Court has been sentenced to two years in federal prison in connection with a widespread ticket-fixing scandal that also led to the convictions or guilty pleas of six other judges. Another Traffic Court judge charged in the case was acquitted at trial.

At her sentencing hearing on December 5, 2014, former judge Thomasine Tynes, 71, became the first member of the court to publicly admit that she had participated in fixing traffic tickets for family members, friends and political allies for the entire 20 years she served on the bench.
That would truly be a glorious day indeed!

#15 ·

Why is this news?

LOL

#16 ·
Yeah I can't believe the executive director of the PPA hasn't received a yacht or something from Uber.

but Uber is pretty much just a bull in a china shop of stupid municipalities. Why bribe people when they can just operate illegally? There's no way to stop ridebooking without hiring a 1000 enforcement personnel.
Well, how you know he did not receive it? I am pretty sure Uber is paying out under the table.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.