Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody please explain to me the thought process behind being in the "Pen" at 10am, 12noon, or even 2pm when there are 30, 40, or even up to 60 cars ahead of you? I tried it a couple of times and decided that waiting 60 or 90 minutes for a ping just wasn't worth it.

If I get lucky after a drop at either terminal and get a ping I take it. But otherwise, I just bolt for downtown and usually get pinged around Natomas somewhere.

And why are 7 or more waiting at 5am? First flights land around 7:30, no?

· Registered
2,710 Posts
I can't nap while working. Sleeping in the car is a money loosing strategy.

The pen having so many people will thin out soon. 105° outside is 140° on the pavement. While a cars ac doesn't work while ideling. It will separate the hard core drivers and the ones on the fence. Mark my words.

· Registered
637 Posts
Better strategy then piling your car up because you're tired. I was up at 330 to p/u the pax at 5. Not my usual hours anymore. That was also back when I was new enough I thought I could go to the airport pen, put DF towards home and catch a ride that way. So naive.

· Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The pen having so many people will thin out soon. 105° outside is 140° on the pavement. While a cars ac doesn't work while ideling. It will separate the hard core drivers and the ones on the fence. Mark my words.
Agree. If I'm tired, I go home and sleep. Using destination mode to hopefully get paid for going there. But not from the pen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.