Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tough GIG . This morning went online for around 45 minutes and not even 1 charity ping . Little ants crawling everywhere . All waiting and waiting.

So I decided to keep driving towards my work destination . On the way I figured out that there is works it’s just that PAX have had enough of Uber politics and ripping off . Taxis all the ways trough on Tulla freeway driving pax to airport whilst smart ants driving from West and north coming to the lower south east thinking they will get a golden tocken for a long trip .

I may be wrong - if I am , please share your feedback why are we so bad lately .

·
Banned
3,033 Posts
Even though I have not driven for weeks now, I see full taxis all the time. At Chadstone yesterday, there was a line of people (perhaps 6 or 7) at the taxi rank with taxis steady taking pax. The 10 or so brand new Uber spaces right next door were empty, with not an Uber pax in sight (easily identified holding mobile to face tracking approaching ant). I expected pax at the uber rank, you know Chaddy being hip and upmarket. Very interesting seeing a 7:0 Taxi:Uber ratio. If I could be bothered waiting longer, no doubt would have seen 15-20 taxi pax to 0 or 1 uber pax. Perhaps the tide has turned back to convenience in some circumstances - taxis are always there, Uber you got to wait for 5-10.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Unpredictable surge has killed uber

Why pay $60 to $150 to the airport and have drivers cancel when surge goes up..

Taxi guaranteed $100 ish and the driver will turn up for an airport trip

Uber is dead

No it's not Ola or Taxifail as they don't exist 10kms out from the CBD
Surge doesn't help, neither does competition.Its surging in my area as we speak.:eek:

Surge doesn't help, neither does competition.Its surging in my area as we speak.:eek:
Now its gone ballistic.;)

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Even though I have not driven for weeks now, I see full taxis all the time. At Chadstone yesterday, there was a line of people (perhaps 6 or 7) at the taxi rank with taxis steady taking pax. The 10 or so brand new Uber spaces right next door were empty, with not an Uber pax in sight (easily identified holding mobile to face tracking approaching ant). I expected pax at the uber rank, you know Chaddy being hip and upmarket. Very interesting seeing a 7:0 Taxi:Uber ratio. If I could be bothered waiting longer, no doubt would have seen 15-20 taxi pax to 0 or 1 uber pax. Perhaps the tide has turned back to convenience in some circumstances - taxis are always there, Uber you got to wait for 5-10.
Guess your dodge is not good enough, they needed a Tesla. We all know you were waiting for riders, no point saying " I have not driven for weeks "

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
Hmmmm... it doesnt look too bad this morning!
View attachment 229748
It's not.
Cold outside, pax are sleeping late lol

Taxi are great. Ants convert your cars to taxi, better rates and more $$$$

·
Banned
3,033 Posts
It's not.
Cold outside, pax are sleeping late lol

Taxi are great. Ants convert your cars to taxi, better rates and more $$$$
It does seem like it. If I was wanting to get into the industry I would go for taxi licence and keep uber as p/t gig. There's tradeoffs to everything. Maybe something more niche in taxis like disabled or maxi.

Guess your dodge is not good enough, they needed a Tesla. We all know you were waiting for riders, no point saying " I have not driven for weeks "
No seriously. We went Chaddy y'day to get pressies for the family in Chiang Mai. Couple of cousins get some toys from Target, lots of savings on summer t-shirts as well now.

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
Logged in from home around 6am. Got long trip within 10 min before the ants logged in. Didn't take it base to airport is a joke. Logged off.
Got 3 40+ in a row all surge.
Accept the 1.9.

Upfront fares works great on base not on high surge but I can't complain...
Traffic back is bad so instead of driving 40 minutes to get a base ping I'll catch up with the ants and here some lovely stories lol

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Okay then

Given you have said before you work in retail in this industry.

Yeah fail to you
You cant even do basic Math. Seriously, do you think the majority of cars doing Uber spend $15,000 in 100,000km on fuel.

Did you FAIL at Math at school too.?

And to think you pride yourself in counting number plates. You must have a lot of fingers.

·
Banned
2,982 Posts
You cant even do basic Math. Seriously, do you think the majority of cars doing Uber spend $15,000 in 100,000km on fuel.

Did you FAIL at Math at school too.?

And to think you pride yourself in counting number plates. You must have a lot of fingers.
So do tell us about how much fuel an ANT would use over 100000km then.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.