• Did not make guarantee - missed acceptance requirement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Did not make guarantee - missed origination requirement

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm guessing no one knows yet. I just checked and don't see anything. Most likely will appear (or not) tomorrow.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I may have screwed myself last night. After getting my number, I was trying to hide out (or at least get fewer, and shorter trips) in Hazlet so I would be closer to home when I decided to call it a night. Got pinged in the non-Shore area of Keyport (to a wedding). With that call, I was still at 70% shore rides, but I got another in Old Bridge as I was dropping them off. Turned the app off, headed back to "the shore" area to try to get back over 70% and got one last call. Was mad that it was in Matawan, but thinking I was screwed out of guarantee I took it. May have gotten lucky, as the fare seemed WAY too high for normal NJ rate. Looked at the map in the trip history, and I think I was in a part of Matawan that was just barely inside the Parkway. No clue if last night is gonna work out. If not, I lose about $60 extra from the guarantee. We shall see...

But, lesson learned. Stay buried deep in the shore until I'm ready to go home! No one to blame but myself if I don't get last nights extra $$$.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I may have screwed myself last night. After getting my number, I was trying to hide out (or at least get fewer, and shorter trips) in Hazlet so I would be closer to home when I decided to call it a night. Got pinged in the non-Shore area of Keyport (to a wedding). With that call, I was still at 70% shore rides, but I got another in Old Bridge as I was dropping them off. Turned the app off, headed back to "the shore" area to try to get back over 70% and got one last call. Was mad that it was in Matawan, but thinking I was screwed out of guarantee I took it. May have gotten lucky, as the fare seemed WAY too high for normal NJ rate. Looked at the map in the trip history, and I think I was in a part of Matawan that was just barely inside the Parkway. No clue if last night is gonna work out. If not, I lose about $60 extra from the guarantee. We shall see...

But, lesson learned. Stay buried deep in the shore until I'm ready to go home! No one to blame but myself if I don't get last nights extra $$$.
look at the waybill if it says 1.70 per mile you were in the shore

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Due to app issues I was screwed ... Did 20 trips ... All shore .. But there was some kind of network overload where it took too long for uber to process a trip acceptance and I got an error that it was expired .. Happened 6 times

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Due to app issues I was screwed ... Did 20 trips ... All shore .. But there was some kind of network overload where it took too long for uber to process a trip acceptance and I got an error that it was expired .. Happened 6 times
Contact Uber and let them know what happened. What do you got to lose?

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have the guarantees been posted yet?

Did you look at your acceptance rate on your pay statement? If you're above 90, you're fine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Whew, got lucky that my last Matawan trip was on the shore side of the Parkway, by a hair, which put me back over 70% of rides in the "shore" zone. Guarantee earned for Sunday (and Friday, which I expected).

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Mine came in. Website doesn't list the pay statement yet. App shows it though.

I got $35 more than I expected on the guarantee. I didn't get screwed out of any of the money. No problems with cancellations. Acceptance rate wasn't an issue because I accepted everything they threw at me but canceled a few that stunk.

The guarantee wasn't great for me. I've made more on regular Friday/Saturday nights (shoot, even last Sunday I made $300) without a guarantee.

But, since the guarantee was here, and it was reasonable, I decided to give working it a shot while trying to drive as few miles as possible. Worked out ok. I gambled on previous guarantees and tried to make more than the guaranteed rate... I think I succeeded but it required a heck of a lot more work. Figured why bother trying to beat it since drivers would be carpeting the shore.

·
Registered
76 Posts
^^^this to a T. I made exactly what I expected to in gaurantees. I know I could have beaten the gaurantee, but the work required just didn't seem appealing when I knew I could sit around and collect 32/hr. I recommend Marco Polo for those of you with netflix......

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got my guarantee. I made in the neighborhood of what I was expecting. I know I was offline a bit and I was doing a bit of hiding out, so I'm happy with what I got for the weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I count 8 Pool out of 41 total rides for guarantee days. That's 19.5%. Better than I expected. Seems people have mostly figured out what it is and stopped trying to request it when they have too many riders, self respect, or are in a hurry.
Out of my pool rides, several of them were in very very wealthy areas. I know the rich stay rich by not spending foolishly, but have some respect for yourself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got screwed up completely ... Worked 3 days 11 hours each... no guarantee showed up in the statement. Did fulfill all the requirements. ..!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts