Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Thread is open to type about whatever you may like.

There is no central theme.

There can be no complaints for deviation from a main issue.

In essence, in true Seinfeldian fashion, this is a Thread about nothing.

Have at it peoples.

Uber On!

·
Registered
747 Posts
I don't like that whole Seinfeld is about nothing. It makes no sense. It was a normal sitcom. Every episode had a new situation the regular characters were involved in for comedic effect. I mean, it was basically like Friends with very different characters. Like a more cynical Friends. Why does everyone carry on with this "show about nothing"? That's what sitcoms are. Basically about nothing, or rather about the characters getting involved in funny situations. U know SITuation COMedy.

About 15 years wanting to get that off my chest. Thanks for the opportunity.
Lets see how many censored characters participate here. What happened to Nacar?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ms. Stein Fanboy...aka Strangefruit,

What happened to Nascar/Nacar is likely the same thing that happened to you.

The thing about Seinfeld is this -- it still holds up. It passes the test of time.

If you watch an episode of Seinfeld, you will still laugh.

Watch an episode of Friends. You will never get that 22.5 minutes of life back.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are going to get banned if you keep up this free-for-all talk. This is a heavily cencored place to chat.
The "topic" is "off topic;" therefore, no one is out of bounds.

Type about your Poetry Slam, gas prices, or picking up Uberites illegally on 11th and Market.

They still put "Uber Headquarters 1455 Market Street" as their pickup location.

They have no shame...until they enter my car.

I cancel them the minute they sit down.

I remind them that their "free ride" could potentially cost me $200.

I wish them a pleasant evening, and encourage them to speak to Travis's Advisory Committee about Market Street pick-ups.

Then I tell them to Uber On!

·
Registered
747 Posts

The thing about Seinfeld is this -- it still holds up. It passes the test of time.

That's cuz Seinfeld is better (says people who like it better), and Friends sucks. But like I said, Seinfeld is like Friends for cynical people, and I'm a cynical person. I also love comedians. I actually don't care for Seinfeld's standup at all, not the slightest bit, ever, but the show is funny.
But I never said anything about those two shows being equal. I'm talking about "it's a show about nothing". What does that mean, and why is that the standard refrain about the show? I don't get it.
The "topic" is "off topic;" therefore, no one is out of bounds.

Type about your Poetry Slam, gas prices, or picking up Uberites illegally on 11th and Market.

They still put "Uber Headquarters 1455 Market Street" as their pickup location.

They have no shame...until they enter my car.

I cancel them the minute they sit down.

I remind them that their "free ride" could potentially cost me $200.

I wish them a pleasant evening, and encourage them to speak to Travis's Advisory Committee about Market Street pick-ups.

Then I tell them to Uber On!
My favorite was a while back when one of them criticized me for not having the stickers in the windows. I had just read the new TOS which explicitly stated that Uber cannot require you to put anything on your vehicle (like trade dress), and this was before the state law requiring it. This guy was mad cuz he didn't see my car immediately, but after well over a year of full time, I didn't have much trouble due to no stickers. So he told me it was mandatory, and I told him it wasn't and he should read his own company's TOS to see that. I asked "have you read the TOS?". "..."
"No, then why are you asserting that I'm wrong."
"Well, I'll have to talk to legal about this."
Probably not a good rating from that guy.
I also had some of dem who came running out to my car while I was just finishing turning off of Market onto 11th, and they just grabbed the door handle while I was still in the street driving, and right next to that bus stop by BofA. I had to stop cuz someone is holding my door handle, and then a bus turns the corner. When I told them not to do that, and that I may get a ticket from the bus now (I wasn't in the bus stop, but in the street next to it, and the bus had to wait for my car to move), they laughed like I said something funny, which is kind of typical for young people in SF. They laugh when you tell them not do something next time. Then I have to sound like I'm the ahole when I have to say "no, it isn't funny, the driver may end up yada yada yada, if you do that again".
Another one who insisted on staying midblock 11th tween Market & mission, while I was in a slow line of cars on 11th tween mission & Howard. Then I cross Mission and 11th is a line of buses pulled over so I can't see my pax who I'd talked to on the phone. He wasn't standing where he said he was. I'd started the trip when I only meant to slide the arriving now button, but it happened automatically right before I slid it, so the trip started. So he called and yelled "you started the trip without me? That's wrong dude, you can't start the trip without me, I'm canceling." I only took the request cuz it was over 2x boost at rush hour, and better to just get this over 5 minute pick up since requests are sparse, and that trip would probably get me out of the downtown jam. But he chose, even though he'd waited for the ride too, to just cancel cuz I started the trip without him.

Uber corp is really a hive of *********. In the last year, I've typically ignored their pings unless it's a good surge or pings are sparse at the moment. They're not all bad though.

·
Registered
747 Posts

And Seinfeld compared to Friends, didn't stand the test of time. Friends wasn't good to begin with.
A funny aspect of Seinfeld, concerning time, is some of the scenarios with the answering machine, or not being able to contact someone on the phone, make no sense now. I wonder what it would be like to see those episodes if you're way younger.

·
Registered
747 Posts
No struggle snuggle?
I don't know why, but I laughed so hard when I read that phrase last week. It's a clever rhyme. The rest of the community didn't seem to appreciate it though. I doubt any more little girls than usual were loved the wrong way just cuz Oingo Boingo got a song played often on the radio (you know the one). But the song brings joy to my heart. It's not like the woman driver personally told you about what happened to her and you said that to her as a personal response. If people don't lighten up, the orange muppet wins.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts