Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna share a story with u all .

Few nights ago , I had a ride from long beach to Pasadena .
This guy pings me , and as I open the door he has a girl come and sit in the front sit , he said " she had a rough night please take her home " and he closed the door . Apparently he pays for the ride and send his drunk friend home ...

I exchanged few words with her to make sure she's ok and started the ride . I could see that she's not at her best and tried to cheer her up a bit with pep talk and take her back home .
My MAIN INITIAIVE at that point is to take her to her home to safe place rather then have a drunk girl rove the streets at 2 am .

Before we started the ride she asked if I can call her cellphone cuz she lost it ... I called and it went straight to voicemail few times ...

45 min later we arrived at her ( she said her moms ) place ...

She asked me to call her cell again before she takes off and I did .. Now it's her drunk girlfriends pick up and started cursing her for leaving them and going with that dude ...
So now she gets MAD and want me to drive her BACK TO LONG BEACH . I kindly said no and that the ride has ended and she has to leave ...
( keep in mind she's not even paying for this its this guy friend who pinged me )

So she get furious !! Started shouting on me ..
I right away exited the car to avoid any confrontation with a drunk woman who is SITTING IN MY CAR ...

It took me over 35 min to persuade her to LEAVE .. Not before she cursed me times and times again and even throw my phone car charger and cable at me .

At one point I wanted to call the cops but I felt Pity for this drunk woman .

Welcome to Uber , where passengers at times have NO RESEPCT what so ever

I know u are going to comment why I let this happen , why I didn't call the
Cops right away why I'm driving at night or allowing some drunk a-hole in my car

I did the right thing trying to get her to her home safe place .

But dang I didn't expect that.

I'm gonna think million times before I drive at night again ... And I'm purchasing a dash cam

You shoulD but one too ... I always said "this will never happen to me" but it did ;(

I'm gonna try to upload a short video of about 15 seconds of the whole ordeal where I was able to capture with my phone .

Beware drivers . And beware driving at night

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This video was taken 30 min after ride ended while she still insisted to curse me and not leave my car

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
If that was 30 minutes into the fight you are doing it wrong.

When I was a bus driver in LA I learned early that being polite is a sign of weakness and people will take advantage of you. I do not swear IRL, but I learned that you had to employ it to be taken seriously. You should have cussed her ass out and she would have gotten out of your car.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I can't hear any audio because I dont have my speakers in.... soooooooo, this is one of those things you have to think on your feet in that moment. A) somehow get her out without touching her. I need you to exit so I can request you as a pax then you can get back in. This is an Uber car the app can tell when people have exited the car because of the seat and door sensors. B) Okay I'll take you back and head to the nearest police station C) Call the cops. Or you can do what I would have done, Despite ending the trip (trips shouldn't end until pax are out of the car). I would have taken her back. I would have noted the time, gps the destination (screen shot), driven her back (screen shot of drop off time and location). After I got home I would have emailed Uber a detailed report

LB to Pasadena back to LB WINNING!!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Dashcam, for sure. If a drunk – woman or not – won't get out of the car, then the cops are your only safe bet. Try to push or pull them out, that's assault.

But right at the start, that's a bad situation right there. When someone puts a drunk in a car, but doesn't take responsibility themselves, things could get sticky. They go to sleep, they throw up, they don't want to be in the car, they want to go back to the party, they want to go home but won't give the address, they want to go fool around…

·
Registered
930 Posts
NYE 2014. I had one go to sleep on me. Her friend put her in the car. Didn't give me an address. She said she would, then she dozed off. Woke up every few minutes and gave me turn by turn directions until we got to a road block. Then she fell into a deep sleep. Woke her up, she gave me her phone, and I got an address from her contact list. Dumped her on the street out in front of the wrong house because the address in her list was wrong. She tried to throw up in my car before she fell out but only dry heaved. $35 ride.

·
Premium Member
23,277 Posts
I wanna share a story with u all .

Few nights ago , I had a ride from long beach to Pasadena .
This guy pings me , and as I open the door he has a girl come and sit in the front sit , he said " she had a rough night please take her home " and he closed the door . Apparently he pays for the ride and send his drunk friend home ...

I exchanged few words with her to make sure she's ok and started the ride . I could see that she's not at her best and tried to cheer her up a bit with pep talk and take her back home .
My MAIN INITIAIVE at that point is to take her to her home to safe place rather then have a drunk girl rove the streets at 2 am .

Before we started the ride she asked if I can call her cellphone cuz she lost it ... I called and it went straight to voicemail few times ...

45 min later we arrived at her ( she said her moms ) place ...

She asked me to call her cell again before she takes off and I did .. Now it's her drunk girlfriends pick up and started cursing her for leaving them and going with that dude ...
So now she gets MAD and want me to drive her BACK TO LONG BEACH . I kindly said no and that the ride has ended and she has to leave ...
( keep in mind she's not even paying for this its this guy friend who pinged me )

So she get furious !! Started shouting on me ..
I right away exited the car to avoid any confrontation with a drunk woman who is SITTING IN MY CAR ...

It took me over 35 min to persuade her to LEAVE .. Not before she cursed me times and times again and even throw my phone car charger and cable at me .

At one point I wanted to call the cops but I felt Pity for this drunk woman .

Welcome to Uber , where passengers at times have NO RESEPCT what so ever

I know u are going to comment why I let this happen , why I didn't call the
Cops right away why I'm driving at night or allowing some drunk a-hole in my car

I did the right thing trying to get her to her home safe place .

But dang I didn't expect that.

I'm gonna think million times before I drive at night again ... And I'm purchasing a dash cam

You shoulD but one too ... I always said "this will never happen to me" but it did ;(

I'm gonna try to upload a short video of about 15 seconds of the whole ordeal where I was able to capture with my phone .

Beware drivers . And beware driving at night
You did a good job. It didn't escalate and you learned from it. GOOD JOB! Pretty certain you will NOT allow an UberDrunk in your car again! : )

I had a drunk pax Saturday night that was rude when I was calling her and just let her know nicely that the location the App said she was at was not the one she was now saying she was at - bad pin drop, not my bad. Tried to patiently tell her that that happens sometimes and she says, I don't care why it happened what are you going to do to fix it?!

C L I C K & C A N C E L - was my answer.

The more I think about it...definitely, if there is a next time, call 911 right away. A pax like that can lie and say all kinds of bad stuff happened and it's your word against hers. Get the PD involved pronto so your side of story is documented the moment of.

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
that B**ch sounded so ghetto. Dude, you were too nice. I would've cursed a storm at this broad the moment she didn't want to leave. Remember, she's not the one paying so she can't even rate you. Also, after 5 mins of not wanting to leave, I would've called 911 without her knowing. IDGAF if she's drunk or not. With the disrespect she's displaying right there, she'll keep doing it and blaming the alcohol until she get's a reality check in a jail cell.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
911 seems like the only appropriate response to the situation.

Eddieman, you are a calm, cool, and patient individual under pressure. 5 imaginary stars and an equally impressive imaginary tip to you, sir.
Thanks man

Trust me I can have a dirty mouth , I used to be a boot camp officer in the army , I know how to use force , but at that point I just wished for her to just leaving my damn car without escalating things .. The easier way is to call 911 ... But you gotta also think about it ... What if she sees cops and get pressured and start inventing things that didn't happen ...?

She's a woman , drunk or not ... And I don't need no cop Hand cuffing me until they find out 20 min later that she's drunk as a skunk and just falsely saying stuff to get herself out of the situation

I've seen too many law doctumentaries ..
I've done nothing wrong BUT take her to her safe zone of her home . And I just wanted to go back to my own little crib with no further disturbance

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also trust me I sounded much stronger and with authority in the time when the ride ended ... And then tried to go between being harsh toned and soft toned to see what makes her leave the car..

Think about it as a hostage situation , my car is held hostage by her ... And I was the negotiator officer ...

The outcome was what I wanted , she left the car , sometimes patience wins.

I told her on hard tone that she will end up staying the night in jail few times right after this video was shot

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is rite first little video I shot when ended the ride and she didn't want to get out ... She wanted me to take her all the way to long beach on my account to her friends because they had her phone and I guess she knew her mom is gonna be pissed I guess cuz she's drunk

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I am nice the first time I ask for something.
The second time I issue a warning that I have asked them nice, and I will not be nice again.
The third time I am not nice at all.

As a night driver you learn the warning signs and know how to prepare for the issues that arise. I generally do not have any problems with the drunk crowd anymore.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
You were too nice

Should've called the cops right away

Don't lose your cool but don't take any garbage

You did a good job being patient but don't waste your time being too nice to these losers in the future

·
Registered
58 Posts
this just happened to me my 4th day working uber a few nights ago 2 drunk girls at 2 am in ventura, dropped them off one girl passed out during the drive the other made a half ass effort to wake her up and gave up took the house keys and left her in my car... i was like wtf no wake her up and take her what am i supposed to do drive her home get a kidnapping charge?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts