Uber Drivers Forum banner

The night before you start driving for the next day...

980 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  jafi_112 
#1 · (Edited)
I know it seems like common sense but make a *GOAL*. Just for the day and also put the reason why you’re Ubering a specific reason. It will make you driving for a purpose and since you’re in control of how much money you make it’s easier to accomplish. 150% better than standing behind the counter ringing items up or sitting behind the desk. I’ve been doing it the last week and works night and day differently. My goal everyday is $175 which takes $25 in gas = $150 a day. Wake up early get $70-$80 take a break and make another $60-$80. I’d like to think at least 40% of us have common sense and can make the average $20 an hour so with tips you should be done in 7-8 hours. Everyone’s goal is different.

#9 ·
First off you need to be realistic about how you calculate what you actually make so as to be able to compare one job to another. Only count your earnings from what the company pays you as tips come and go and its hard to live on them during a slow period. Then you have your expenses that get deducted from the gross. So a real number of what you earn per hour is closer to 10/12 bucks if you are lucky.

#10 ·
$17 to $18 gross per hour over the course of a week is realistic. Subtract gas and it's closer to 14. Subtract maintenance and it's closer to 12. The only reason this is even remotely viable as a temp gig is that you can work 80 hours a week and take home $1K.

Don't fool yourself into thinking you make more or you will have a major maintenance expense you don't have the money to pay for.

Now, if you drive just for Lyft and hit the bonuses you can make more. The problem with that is that you have to work the strip, and screw that.

#12 ·
I know it seems like common sense but make a *GOAL*. Just for the day and also put the reason why you're Ubering a specific reason. It will make you driving for a purpose and since you're in control of how much money you make it's easier to accomplish. 150% better than standing behind the counter ringing items up or sitting behind the desk. I've been doing it the last week and works night and day differently. My goal everyday is $175 which takes $25 in gas = $150 a day. Wake up early get $70-$80 take a break and make another $60-$80. I'd like to think at least 40% of us have common sense and can make the average $20 an hour so with tips you should be done in 7-8 hours. Everyone's goal is different.
Yeah, I used to set goals, but what happened was I would quit early with the agreement with myself that I would work later. Then I wouldn't do it and it got to the point where I couldn't trust myself anymore because I was constantly lying to myself, then I couldn't eat or sleep which means I couldn't drive. So now I don't do that anymore and work when I feel like it. More or less when I am not eating or sleeping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.