Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now, the US is at the same number of Coronavirus infections that Italy was 11 days ago before it spiked.

There’s currently about 9200 infected in Italy as of yesterday.

So that’s the number. 9200 confirmed cases in the US by 3/21.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Right now, the US is at the same number of Coronavirus infections that Italy was 11 days ago before it spiked.

There's currently about 9200 infected in Italy as of yesterday.

So that's the number. 9200 confirmed cases in the US by 3/21.
US has 375,000,000 population Italy 60,500,000. You need to increase your estimate by a factor of 6.
That would be about 55000 INFECTED!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand that there’s a bigger population in US. I was trying to establish a relative baseline to compare infection growth to.
My point is: if we’re below 9200 on 3/21, then the rate of infection is very slow compared to other outbreaks.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
I understand that there's a bigger population in US. I was trying to establish a relative baseline to compare infection growth to.
My point is: if we're below 9200 on 3/21, then the rate of infection is very slow compared to other outbreaks.
Your Point is MOOT, Our CURRENT GOVERNMENT will ONLY LIE to us about it anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts

Out of 300,000,000.00

US has 375,000,000 population Italy 60,500,000. You need to increase your estimate by a factor of 6.
That would be about 55000 INFECTED!
Out of 300,000,000.00

Your Point is MOOT, Our CURRENT GOVERNMENT will ONLY LIE to us about it anyway.
God I hate politics

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Did any of you catch (pun intended) what Angela Merkel said today?

"60 to 70 percent of people in Germany will become infected with the corona virus," said Chancellor Merkel

If we had 100,000 tests performed, we'd be at 9200+ cases already. And how many people have already died without it being attributed to the coronavirus because they were never tested?

As of today, the nursing home in Seattle, WA that has had the most deaths, "doesn't have the kits it needs to test 65 employees with symptoms of the deadly bug, a spokesman for the facility said."

We can't even test in the hardest hit area of America. But according to the President if you want a test, you can have a test.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Let's see if I remember on how to use bold capitalized letters....
"Only Thing We Have to Fear... Is Fear Itself" FDR March 4th, 1933
The 3 periods "..." is my own way of writing and not in the original quote....

Please Do not get your info from TV sound bytes.... Keep things in perspective ... do your own research.
Confirmation bias -- a phenomenon where people strongly favor information that reinforces their existing opinions over contradictory ones. This is real and everyone should be aware that we all are susceptible to it.
FYI Virginia Tech study : https://eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2019-12/vt-srt121719.php

The pneumonialike virus has infected more than 78,000 people and killed 1,875. So far, the virus appears to be more contagious but less deadly than SARS. Whereas the latter had a mortality rate of 9.6%, only 2.3% of people infected with the new coronavirus have died. "
Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-coronavirus-unnecessary-panic-experts-say-2020-1

Be careful though... this post does have some "Confirmation bias" in it.... :eek:

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Let's see if I remember on how to use bold capitalized letters....
"Only Thing We Have to Fear... Is Fear Itself" FDR March 4th, 1933
The 3 periods "..." is my own way of writing and not in the original quote....

Please Do not get your info from TV sound bytes.... Keep things in perspective ... do your own research.
Confirmation bias -- a phenomenon where people strongly favor information that reinforces their existing opinions over contradictory ones. This is real and everyone should be aware that we all are susceptible to it.
FYI Virginia Tech study : https://eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2019-12/vt-srt121719.php

The pneumonialike virus has infected more than 78,000 people and killed 1,875. So far, the virus appears to be more contagious but less deadly than SARS. Whereas the latter had a mortality rate of 9.6%, only 2.3% of people infected with the new coronavirus have died. "
Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-coronavirus-unnecessary-panic-experts-say-2020-1

Be careful though... this post does have some "Confirmation bias" in it.... :eek:
Here is the latest count in the virus. Bear in mind that the US has a reported population of 327 million (obviously not counting illegals).
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

Here is an article that is a medical study from England. It has some interesting points regarding COVID-19 and the effects of the new society and the lack of human interaction due to social distancing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.