Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a pool ping this morning. (Yeah, I know, but it was destination filter. ((Yeah, I still know.))) Anyway, I get to the address easily. I'm right on top of the pin. The countdown timer in the app passes two minutes and turns red... Cancel... No show... NO MONEY!
So, I go to fare review and do what I have to do.
Here's what they do now: They deny you the first request saying they reviewed the fare. Second time, after I asked to escalate, they deny again writing out the pool cancellation policy. Third time, they deny you and say "we can't see eye to eye" and "close out the discussion." You can reply, but no one will read it.
I explained everything, begged for a stateside supervisor again and again under fare review. Then Rider Unpleasant, then Dispute Previously Adjusted Fare, then all over the app. I even tried in the dashboard on the website.
Each time, I got the same string of three denials. So, obviously the system is rigged.
Finally, I drove to Hoboken all the way from Tenafly, paid for parking, waited over 13 people deep on Washington Ave... I got called up and explained the situation. Two seconds later he issues the cancellation fee and apologizes.
The moral of the story is, I don't know.
Stupid? Yes, I am. But I'm not about to let Big fUber get away with it.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I had a pool ping this morning. (Yeah, I know, but it was destination filter. ((Yeah, I still know.))) Anyway, I get to the address easily. I'm right on top of the pin. The countdown timer in the app passes two minutes and turns red... Cancel... No show... NO MONEY!
Here's what they do now: They deny you the first request saying they reviewed the fare. Second time, after I asked to escalate, they deny again writing out the pool cancellation policy. Third time, they deny you and say "we can't see eye to eye" and "close out the discussion." You can reply, but no one will read it.
I explained everything, begged for a stateside supervisor again and again under fare review. Then Rider Unpleasant, then Dispute Previously Adjusted Fare, then all over the app. I even tried in the dashboard on the website.
Each time, I got the same string of three denials. So, obviously the system is rigged.
Finally, I drove to Hoboken all the way from Tenafly, paid for parking, waited over 13 people deep on Washington Ave... I got called up and explained the situation. Two seconds later he issues the cancellation fee and apologizes.
I respect you for standing up for what is rightfully yours, and what you believe in. I would not have quit either, and done the same thing. Sometimes it's not the amount of the cancellation fee, it's the damn principle behind it. Good for you for making a case out of it. Now next time they don't want to give you what you earned, you can bring this situation up and tell them that they obviously aren't representing Uber in the manner they should be, and why does it take a trip to Hoboken to get the fee you deserve. These twerps act like it's their money they're protecting. SMH. It's a cancellation fee. Not a bar of gold at Fort Knox.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
how is it possible that you don't know its canceled?
I think its because ur not in the uber app and the nav is still guiding u to their destination. The person that posted it said he only realized cause other pings were coming in because it was a busy time. Im going to find the post and put the link up here for you guys. He details it more clearly.

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
You heard about that scam right, where the pax cancels the trip while you're driving? There is no record of it anywhere, and you don't know it's canceled, and continue to the destination. They walk away and you don't get paid. You heard about it?
Happened to me once. I knew immediately cause pings came in. The one you're talking about is the day/night the system glitched. There should always be a record of the ride at in trips is system didn't glitch. You just need to know where to look. I've never not been paid or gotten my money back, ever....

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm still waiting for the fee to post...

UPDATE: A 2 dollar cancelation fee was just put on my account.
Still wrong. The fee is supposed to be 5.00, and I sent in for another fare adjustment. To be continued...

UPDATE 2: The same idiot responds back that the no show fee is 2 dollars in "my city"
I just sent a screenshot of the actual policy and another reply. Round 3 already. Really, round 200 considering what it took just to get the $2 in the first place.
I also put in to dispute the adjusted fare.
I also sent a Twitter help request.
To be continued...

LAST UPDATE: 3/1/17 10:05AM

Finally, I got the full fee credited to my account. I am absolutely repulsed by Uber Support right now.
Jeff Jones, this CSR situation is BAD!

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts

Still wrong. The fee is supposed to be 5.00, and I sent in for another fare adjustment. To be continued...

UPDATE 2: The same idiot responds back that the no show fee is 2 dollars in "my city"
I just sent a screenshot of the actual policy and another reply. Round 3 already. Really, round 200 considering what it took just to get the $2 in the first place.
To be continued...

Finally, I got the full fee credited to my account. I am absolutely repulsed by Uber Support right now.
Apparently they are deactivating drivers like yourself for abusing the system in their eyes. Apparently any drivers that are getting these you're not going to get it messages they are tired of dealing with them. Looks like uber has enough drivers and wants to make some examples out of the drivers that are constantly having their fares adjusted. Is that cancellation fee really worth losing the income you make from this gig. I try to choose my battles wisely.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Apparently they are deactivating drivers like yourself for abusing the system in their eyes. Apparently any drivers that are getting these you're not going to get it messages they are tired of dealing with them. Looks like uber has enough drivers and wants to make some examples out of the drivers that are constantly having their fares adjusted. Is that cancellation fee really worth losing the income you make from this gig. I try to choose my battles wisely.
It is. I will never, ever, ever let Uber steal money that they owe me. I get fares adjusted maybe once every other month, which is significantly less than other drivers who average 10 rides a day.
In this instance, their "technology" at fault. In order to get a cancellation fee, a driver has to be 100 feet or less on pool. If you're too close to the pin, the app may read you past the pin. It then calculates you the distance you would need to drive (the blue line) to get back without reversing or making a u-turn. The same thing happened recently where the app stopped releasing cancellation fees, yet they eventually paid those drivers back.
This time, they think they could just ignore fee requests until they can fix the distance glitch on an update... not me though.
What they don't like is when drivers demand to be paid two full uber X fared for both riders in a matched pool, or when drivers dispute the fact that the rider paid more than the fare we saw due to upfront fares. That, I don't mess with. Even though it's sleazy, they are clear how we are paid with time + distance + base.
For actual discrepancies though, I will always fight to the end for what is right. This world is full of odd jobs. I refuse to have one where they can get away with stealing from me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Can't these bastards get SUED for shorting people like this??? Any lawyers doing this part time?? LOL

To be continued...

Ok NOW I understand the fuber alias.

To be continued...

Where can users view policy??? Can you please share the link? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Yo... it was like you and me were the same person... I had the SAME exact issue. Went too the Hoboken office too but I had parking quick and it was a slow day, only waited 5 mins.

They said the same thing and that its and issue the app has been happening.

I only do pool because i do not pick up the 2nd pax.... or wait till the first one is done... but told them I'm not doing pool anymore if I'm not paid... Like will then next ask us to Pay pax to drive them????

I was just on an NJ Uber Drivers Facebook... a guy got deactivated for too many adjustments. He wasn't getting tolls and complained everytime....

Now that they are doing this to a ton of drivers... its time to join the class action BUT... 99% of drivers in NJ DID NOT Opt out of Uber's Binding Arbitration contract clause... awe well ... I know i did.. I'm ready and waiting for that day they deactivate me! $$$$$

·
Registered
313 Posts
Is there a source for this "apparently" allegation?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Uber finally acknowledging they're screwing people with $2 no show fee. They're claiming it's a glitch/mistake lol. Good job to everyone who JAMMED UP their customer support team in India or whatever developing country they're in. Scumbags.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I was thinking about going to the Hoboken office too but it would defeat the purpose to pay for parking and lose work hours. I'd rather just take the longer way during a surge and make up for the unpaid cancellations.

You heard about that scam right, where the pax cancels the trip while you're driving? There is no record of it anywhere, and you don't know it's canceled, and continue to the destination. They walk away and you don't get paid. You heard about it?
The app makes a sound when it's cancelled... twice it happened and riders claimed they didn't cancel and they were asked to request again so you pocket the $3.75 for being smart plus the ride.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was thinking about going to the Hoboken office too but it would defeat the purpose to pay for parking and lose work hours. I'd rather just take the longer way during a surge and make up for the unpaid cancellations.

The app makes a sound when it's cancelled... twice it happened and riders claimed they didn't cancel and they were asked to request again so you pocket the $3.75 for being smart plus the ride.
You should go!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Uber finally acknowledging they're screwing people with $2 no show fee. They're claiming it's a glitch/mistake lol. Good job to everyone who JAMMED UP their customer support team in India or whatever developing country they're in. Scumbags.
That was work, lol. Uber should pay me for working so hard to collect their fee.
But get this...
I just got one of those promotional additional cancellation fees. 4.00. The one that I fought for was my only cancellation this week...

Where did they admit it? Just curious.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts