Uber Drivers Forum banner

Do you have the map inside the Uber app lagging and frequently have to U-turn after some driving?

• Yes, my map inside the Uber app is lagging in the beginning of many new rides.

• No, my map inside the Uber app is almost never lagging in the beginning of new rides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After each ride, when at the end of the ride I had to turn into a driveway or make a U-turn, after accepting the next ride the map in the Uber app usually shows the WRONG cardinal directions and corrects itself only after 30-70 metres of driving.
As a result, after 30-70 metres of driving, I have to quite often make a U-turn, which I would have avoided if the Uber map showed the directions correctly from the very beginning of the ride.
I don't know where the problem is, it may be because of my cell phone or its settings, data carrier, etc.
If somebody in Toronto or GTA does not have such a problem and will advise me on his cell phone, its settings and the data provider he is using, I promise to pay $100 (cash) as a token of appreciation!!!
Brothers, who knows the solution to my problem -- please respond ASAP!

· Premium Member
3,912 Posts
The problem comes up because while you are stopped the map doesn’t know which way is forward so it takes a guess.
If your phone settings allow you to select "North at top" instead of rotating direction of travel to the top of the map it will solve this problem, but then you’ll have to remember where North is.

· Premium Member
511 Posts
You have a good cell phone provider in your area and an up-to-date phone? I don't experience lag when I have the in-app navigation going. That was more of an issue when I would have the navigation set as Google Maps. There was more of a delay because that app had to open. Now I start with Uber Navigation and if I want I can later start Google Maps or Waze.

You might want to post this in the Toronto forum to find people in your area.

· Premium Member
3,909 Posts
This is going to be an interesting thread, like the obvious things to keep in mind when you pull up to pick up somebody and what you see and looking at in the Uber app.

· Premium Member
3,909 Posts
You are describing two issues, you're navigation is lagging, and you don't know which direction the pick up is at, I can't help you with the first but I can help you with the second, when Uber first shows you the trip the top of the map is always north,

When Uber first shows you the trip before the navigation starts the top of the map is always north, therefore all you need to do is always know which direction the point of your car is facing north south east or west, if you don't have a compass in your car or are part of your car display, you can download install a simple overlay compass on your device that will float on top of the other apps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts