Uber Drivers Forum banner

What's the most you are willing to wait.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a ping from Lyft, about 12 minutes away, it was a slow night so I took it. I got there and the address was an apartment complex with no Bldg. or apt. #. So I called the pax who happens to be in another city requesting for a lady that needed to get to the bus depot. He texts her and I get the bldg. and apt number. I Confirm to arrived at the location and somehow the app took me directly to put destination, so the 5 minute waiting period never got started. After the 5 minutes I called the requester and he got on a 3 way call with the pax, she was still packing, he explained that she needs the ride to make her bus departure, I agree to wait another 5 minutes and then I had to call again, I told the guy that I was about to cancel and he says she is almost at the door, please wait, so I decided that I already waited 12 minutes and a few more wouldn't hurt. 3 minutes passed and I cancel the ride and start to drive away, turned the Uber app and got a ping almost instantly, I accepted and turn off Lyft and somehow he calls me again to tell me she is already at the pick up location I look back to see a woman, 4 pieces of luggage and 3 kids with no children seats or boosters, there was no way I was going to let her in my car anyway. I told him he had to request another driver cos I was on my way to pick up another pax, which ended up with a $ 11.24 Uber payout, 5.00 from Lyft cancellation and $ 10.00 tip from my pax.
Is cool when Karma shows her gentle side.

·
Premium Member
63,043 Posts
So I got a ping from Lyft, about 12 minutes away, it was a slow night so I took it. I got there and the address was an apartment complex with no Bldg. or apt. #. So I called the pax who happens to be in another city requesting for a lady that needed to get to the bus depot. He texts her and I get the bldg. and apt number. I Confirm to arrived at the location and somehow the app took me directly to put destination, so the 5 minute waiting period never got started. After the 5 minutes I called the requester and he got on a 3 way call with the pax, she was still packing, he explained that she needs the ride to make her bus departure, I agree to wait another 5 minutes and then I had to call again, I told the guy that I was about to cancel and he says she is almost at the door, please wait, so I decided that I already waited 12 minutes and a few more wouldn't hurt. 3 minutes passed and I cancel the ride and start to drive away, turned the Uber app and got a ping almost instantly, I accepted and turn off Lyft and somehow he calls me again to tell me she is already at the pick up location I look back to see a woman, 4 pieces of luggage and 3 kids with no children seats or boosters, there was no way I was going to let her in my car anyway. I told him he had to request another driver cos I was on my way to pick up another pax, which ended up with a $ 11.24 Uber payout, 5.00 from Lyft cancellation and $ 10.00 tip from my pax.
Is cool when Karma shows her gentle side.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts