Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regular time $16 (real $11 -gas)
Peck time $20 real 15.50- gas )
Peck time only a few hrs .very early or drunk people at the weekend ..

·
Registered
555 Posts
In OC, the weekday guarantee is a total joke. $15 per hour in GROSS fares. That is $12 per hour after their comission. My cost to operate over my 4 month uber career is about $5 per hour (20 miles driven per hour).

Also unless you get 'lucky' with short trips, then 1.3 trips per hour will put you right about $15 per hour in gross, srf-less fares.

Also, op, thinking that gas is the only expense, or even the biggest expense is a joke.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have 19 minimum rides well there's 2 or 3 $7 & $8 ones and sitting at 14 hours online with minimal driving. most of those hours are spent at home.

14x$12 = 168 and really my over head is about $10 so far. I'd say im winning.
Good sh*t dude. Pm me your min-fare honey spot and I will sacrifice a gallon of of gas on the uber altar in your name.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have 19 minimum rides well there's 2 or 3 $7 & $8 ones and sitting at 14 hours online with minimal driving. most of those hours are spent at home.

You are an exception. They will find this out and take corrective measures.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Make sure you qualify !

·
Registered
555 Posts
Apparently, if you log on to the app outside of your county and then drive into your county, you are not online for the guarantee until you log out and log back on.

My total hours yesterday were 2.5 hours short. I had a fare that took me to oceanside. I logged out when I reached her destination. I logged back on near las pulgas as I drove back up the 5. Apparently, I was not online in OC for the next 2.5 hours despite the fact that I was in OC, accepting pings in that time. I emailed support, I don't expect anything to change. I did include the word 'fraud' in the email. I should have ended the email with "if you don't understand the contents of this email, then please escalate it to someone who does. It is allright to say "I don't know" once in awhile.

Also, how much do the uber gods hate me that I found myself in oceanside, having starting out in cypress on a day when I was looking to minimize costs - take only short trips. I would have refused the oceanside (from Dana point) trip but I am a bit paranoid about receiving a racial discrimination complaint.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Good sh*t dude. Pm me your min-fare honey spot and I will sacrifice a gallon of of gas on the uber altar in your name.
I dont really have one... ok thats a lie. Just think about where you hate going because people are just going down the street. On top of that I'm calling every pax asking where they are going. If they are going too far like LAX, or anything over $10 I cancel that crap. "Sorry I don't feeling like driving that far".

·
Registered
555 Posts
I am currently grinding out minfares in the what I consider the new ******bag capital of OC. It is worse than newport. Average rider rating is about 4.5. It's worse than santa monica. Anyone care to venture a guess?

·
Registered
993 Posts

How many hours do you need to be logged in per day to make the guarantee?

·
Premium Member
5,131 Posts
How many hours do you need to be logged in per day to make the guarantee?

That breaks down to $11/hr

You can earn $11/hr working at In n Out, or any number of other jobs.

Winning would be if you were making more than that. You're not. So how is that winning?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
That breaks down to $11/hr

You can earn $11/hr working at In n Out, or any number of other jobs.

Winning would be if you were making more than that. You're not. So how is that winning?
wait you're telling me I have to actually work vs sitting at home hanging out with my kids makin $12 an hour??? think you missed the point of all the short rides = very little of your time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are no required hours. it's all based on acceptance rate, 1.3 average rides per hour when logged in and a 25% completion rate.
Are you looking at the same email I saw? In Los Angeles it requires 1.5 rides per hour and you need a 90% acceptance rate.

Are you saying that as long as you accept 90% of your trips but only complete 25% then you're in the money?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts