Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
241 - 260 of 277 Posts

· Banned
3,084 Posts
🤷‍♂️ just tell them what happened. It totally sucks, but it’s their fault this crap happens. They send out messages telling us how to put on a mask, how to get hand sanitizer, how much money we can earn, how much they love themselves… why not throw out a message or two warning of the con artists that pose as Uber support and scam you of your money?
They already have put out a warning.

· Premium Member
8,208 Posts
🤷‍♂️ just tell them what happened. It totally sucks, but it’s their fault this crap happens. They send out messages telling us how to put on a mask, how to get hand sanitizer, how much money we can earn, how much they love themselves… why not throw out a message or two warning of the con artists that pose as Uber support and scam you of your money?
They have been sending out messages in the app for at least 3 months now.

It is not their fault a driver is stupid.

Would you give out your PIN number for your bank to a caller on the phone ? Dooouuuhhhh.

Ants be dumb.

· Registered
1 Posts
Make sure you contact Uber. I know it’s nearly impossible to get ahold of them, but I was scammed and lost over $400. Uber gave me the money back, even though they can’t recover it. I think is stupid that Uber doesn’t do anything to warn us of these ongoing scams. They send us messages nonstop about all kinds of garbage, but are completely silent on this.
I agree it almost happened to me the other day I'm mad as hell. They should put out some type of notice that this of scam is going on and they should be held accountable. We already have our personal safety on the line so they should do all they can to help keep us safe!!!

· Banned
3,084 Posts
I agree it almost happened to me the other day I'm mad as hell. They should put out some type of notice that this of scam is going on and they should be held accountable. We already have our personal safety on the line so they should do all they can to help keep us safe!!!
You've known your entire life to never give your personal information out to strangers over the internet or telephone. Particularly personal information that gives them access to your money.

How many times do you need to be reminded about this?

· Super Moderator
2022 Koenigsegg Regera
7,899 Posts
For the last month every time I go into the Uber app to text or call a PAX I get a warning about giving out personal information.

Reactions: ANT 7

· Premium Member
9,302 Posts
There's this little paragraph on top of the very same place where you write messages or read messages that coming from Uber or passenger. I don't see how people can miss this or have any excuse to fall for the scam when it says right there in the app.

· Banned
3,084 Posts
There's this little paragraph on top of the very same place where you write messages or read messages that coming from Uber or passenger. I don't see how people can miss this or have any excuse to fall for the scam when it says right there in the app.
The Monday morning new poster “my account was hacked by Uber support” posts HAVE decreased significantly ever since Uber patched that message in.

· Premium Member
9,302 Posts
But that proxy number is worthless after the ride ends !
Sigh... This is exact reason YOU are the perfect candidate to get scammed. You have obviously have not read any scam posts or how the scam works.

They call or text you while the job is on your phone/tablett Still.

I'd suggest read a few post about this.

· Premium Member
2017 Toyota Prius
5,206 Posts
Suck it up Buttercup.

You already made my point. Just be glad you are a bit more edgejumokated on this subject. Hopefully you learned enough we will never see you post a "I got hacked thread!"

You're welcome, young padawan.
Thanks for making my point that the highlight of your day is to post on this forum
It's obvious that you put time and effort into your every reply because you don't have a life.
Keep proving my point LOSER !!!!
LOL

· Premium Member
3,844 Posts
It comes down to this.
They figure out how to contact you. It doesn’t matter how, just that they do it.
They ask you for credentials they need to gain access to your account.
If you give them the credentials they have unlimited access to your account and they can do what they will with it.
If you don’t want them to get your money don’t give them the credentials. It is really that simple.

· Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Thanks for making my point that the highlight of your day is to post on this forum
It's obvious that you put time and effort into your every reply because you don't have a life.
Keep proving my point LOSER !!!!
LOL
Awww... Truth hurts and your a sore loser.

Just take your ball a n d go away. Don't go away mad....

Just go away.

And everyone knows here, well who knows about me, that you showing how unedgeumokated on a simple scam after being here over 2 years is NOT IN ANY WAY a highlight of my day. It's not your lack of knowledge but something else.

That something else is cocaine and hookers.

Your just amusement between when I'm taking a crap and wiping my ass.

· Premium Member
9,302 Posts
It comes down to this.
They figure out how to contact you. It doesn’t matter how, just that they do it.
If you give them the credentials they have unlimited access to your account and they can do what they will with it.
If you don’t want them to get your money don’t give them the credentials. It is really that simple.
The only way the get any info on you is by requesting a ride first....

License
Name
Car
They already know where your at.

Any other info is provided by YOU.

· Premium Member
2017 Toyota Prius
5,206 Posts
It comes down to this.
I understand what your saying.
However I feel that there is a security breech built into Uber's app that allows this.
It's also why they share liability by paying drivers back the money they lost.
I have never heard of these scams happening with Lyft.

241 - 260 of 277 Posts