Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does this work! I am getting close to the requirements of 100 rides. Do you get $200 of free gas or $200 of gas at a discount price of 15 cents off. I see some negative post on this so if you can please give the pro and cons on this promotion.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You certainly do not get 200 dollars of free gas. What you'll get is a fuel card with a 200 dollar limit on it per week. As for saving 15 cents, that'd not the case either. If you read the fine print, that 15 cent savings is on fuel costing 3.50 a gallon which were not paying yet

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So basically you are telling me there is no value to this! That sucks. So what's the point? What is Uber game plan on this promotion. So I guess the card is a pre paid card that is taken out of your weekly earnings?

·
Registered
52 Posts
You may save 3 cents depending on price of gas. As for what the point is, my only guess is, if your broke, no money at all, you can still drive by using the card for gas

·
Registered
703 Posts
You may save 3 cents depending on price of gas. As for what the point is, my only guess is, if your broke, no money at all, you can still drive by using the card for gas
That fits my profile perfectly and those savings add up over time for me to show profits on my yearly balance sheet plus I'm also considering picking empty cans and plastic bottles at the gas station while I'm at it to further boost my income.

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
I got the fuel card last month. Used it 3 times... hate it! Ya see, I like to see my payout for each day as the week progresses, M-$100, T- $140, W-$65, TH-$115 etc... Love watching those green bars go up! Gives me a feeling accomplishment. Say I fill up with the card on Wednesday, cost $45. By Friday my W-$65 has become W-$20 and the green bar has shrunk accordingly. This bums me out as all shrinkage's do!

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the card takes money from your daily earnings you are getting a smaller pay statement for the week. And come tax season are we only being taxed on our pay statements? So essential you can get fuel with pre tax dollars and pay tax on a smaller income summary?

·
Registered
26 Posts
If the card takes money from your daily earnings you are getting a smaller pay statement for the week. And come tax season are we only being taxed on our pay statements? So essential you can get fuel with pre tax dollars and pay tax on a smaller income summary?
This is what i was thinking, they take the money out before your pay so your net pay dosent reflect this towards taxes. This i like but hate the fact that they acted like we were getting discounted gas when your only saving like 50-60 cents a fill up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Twice now there have been problems on Ubers end with processing the transactions.

They have no explanations only apologies.

This past week they deducted $252 in gas charges across Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. So before I even started my week I was already in the hole.

I am going to stop using this card.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I've had problems too. But no error transactions, I've just had to pay for the ful purchased.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I have been using it for a couple months now, I have mixed feelings . I like using it for Gas as well as energy drinks or snacks at gas stations I can then look at a weekly statment and see my exact cost for the week (minus maitaince of course)

It also saves a little bit of money not much but I say I save about 40 cents a tank so just over 3 cents a gallon , my credit card gives me 1.5% back on gas but I also can get charged intrest if I don't pay it by the end of the month . So for me I like the Uber card better , it even gives discounts at Sams Club, Costco and on top of Grocery store Fuel Rewards so an extra discount is always nice

My issue with it is that they deduct it from my card whenever , I went a week where nothing got deducted , then the next week they only deducted one fill up (I had 3) then the 3rd week they deducted all the missed fuel ups which kinda sucked but it all evens out the same. Also like another poster said I hate seeing a day where I made negative money , because they deducted a bunch of fuel. I wish they would just set it up to deduct every monday from the previous week and instead of deducting from a certain day just deduct for the week, I wish they did that with the bonuses too . It sucks when you see a green bar at over $600 and then one tha tis negative $100 .

All in all I think it's worth it , I don't see any negative finacially . I save about $8 extra bucks a month not a lot but what the heck it's better then nothing . I've also noticed that the little bit of savings I have gotten has also been on food purchuses inside of a gas station which is also nice .

·
Registered
496 Posts
IMO it's a scam. Uber collects the benefits on the back end and the 3-5c you save isn't really that much (unless you live in an area where every station charges a penalty for credit). You can get better cards elsewhere and control the payments if your credit score is even mediocre. Uber sets a low charge limit so you can't overcharge and then deducts from your payout whenever they please.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I use Shell's rewards card. I let it build up and by the end of the week fill up, I have around a 35 cent per gallon discount.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts