Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Guys do we even know the whole story?
The passenger recorded the video when the driver is angry so we don't know for sure what was the problem.
I had some ******** yesterday telling me to drive on bus only route.
If i went that way the journey would be shorter but i would have gotten a fine for that, so i refused and told them if they are not happy they can get another cab becuase i am not driving on a bus only route but they don't know they dont drive.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Guys do we even know the whole story?
The passenger recorded the video when the driver is angry so we don't know for sure what was the problem.
I had some ******** yesterday telling me to drive on bus only route.
If i went that way the journey would be shorter but i would have gotten a fine for that, so i refused and told them if they are not happy they can get another cab becuase i am not driving on a bus only route but they don't know they dont drive.
Yes there are difficult situations in every field of work, but you never behave like the way this guy did and think you are providing a executive service. But the real reason behind all this unprofessionalism is because the game is truely dead lol. Drivers are just simply not making enough to keep it running & live here in london. So we are winessing these emotional outbursts, degrading of private hire in general.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes there are difficult situations in every field of work, buy you never behave like the way this guy did and think you are providing a executive service. But the real reason behind all this unprofessionalism is because the game is truely dead lol. Drivers are just simply not making enough to keep it running & live here in london. So we are winessing these emotional outbursts, degrading of private hire in general.
I know and secondly the passenger looks like a young guy and the driver looks like a old man and that is why he was telling the pax that he is the age of his father so the passenger must have done something as well.
I understand the game is dead and its very hard to make money these days you have to work hard like a donkey and on top these cheap ass uber riders complain that uber drivers are taking the longer route, Another way would be is that for uber to make everything flat rate if its a surge then by all means double or what ever they have to pay,
This was the reason i left uber for a while.

·
Registered
64 Posts
These idiot riders if they think uber drivers take a longer route then take a damn black cab! ( not saying they take a shorter route) but charge much more. They getting a cheap ride in a nice car where drivers are working their asses off and then complain too! Although the driver should of stayed professional I agree.

I'm sure every single driver out there works extremely hard it's not nice for these cheap ass riders to take the piss! He obviously done something to spark this off otherwise I can't see a reason why the driver would act that way.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
I had a wind-up pax like that years ago whilst minicabbing, giving me grief from pick up at Stockley Park to M4 J4 roundabout.

Instead of taking him into town, I headed EB and his swearing stopped... "You're going wrong way driver" he said... Silence from me, turned off at J6 towards Farnham Road and stopped by Lower Cippenham Lane.
"Out you get" I said, he was then "no, I'll pay you to take me into Kensington"
"No, pay me nothing and get out now"

End of journey, and I lived in Sunny Slough way back then so an early finish for me... Karma

·
Banned
2,534 Posts
I had a wind-up pax like that years ago whilst minicabbing, giving me grief from pick up at Stockley Park to M4 J4 roundabout.

Instead of taking him into town, I headed EB and his swearing stopped... "You're going wrong way driver" he said... Silence from me, turned off at J6 towards Farnham Road and stopped by Lower Cippenham Lane.
"Out you get" I said, he was then "no, I'll pay you to take me into Kensington"
"No, pay me nothing and get out now"

End of journey, and I lived in Sunny Slough way back then so an early finish for me... Karma
Blimey hope I never bump into you on a "bad day" loool

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bear in mind the driver said he will take him to the police. Passenger must have taken the piss to trigger this off. There is a limit of professionalism we can give as if riders take the piss, nothing wrong with reacting like that.

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
When you view something from one side you never get the whole story.

You see Cabdrivers having arguments with punters and occasionally they will be kicked out the Cab.

IMHO there is unlikely to be something going on that led to the Taxi driver kicking the punter out, at the end of the day you are providing a service. That service is moving somebody from AtoB. Neither Taxis or PH are punching bags for the public to take the piss out of.

All PH (picking up randoms, proper Account or Private clients is slightly different) and Cabbies should get in vehicle CCTV, no exceptions.

There is definitely more to this video.

The person filming is is trying to be un-characteristically polite when the footage is recorded. Typical victim mentality.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I once had a female pax sit in front being offensive trying to **** me off which i thought was weird, she was trying to get a reaction out of me and i looked at her thinking why n noticed her phone on n pointing at me so not sure what her plan was but it failed.

·
Banned
2,534 Posts
I once had a female pax sit in front being offensive trying to **** me off which i thought was weird, she was trying to get a reaction out of me and i looked at her thinking why n noticed her phone on n pointing at me so not sure what her plan was but it failed.
Should've chucked her out. Don't accept abuse. Then report to Uber.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The normal way in this or the same situation like this, to stop a car and ask pax stright away: if u not happy with my service, open the door and get f out!
Otherwise, just sh..t a f.. up and give me to finished my job.:D:D:D
Make uber trade on the highest level:)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Should've chucked her out. Don't accept abuse. Then report to Uber.
Thought about it but that's probably what she was after.
She would have a video of me telling her to get out n she would play the vulnerable female at night put in danger by a violent uber driver ect n make more things up n it could end very badly for me so i put this up to inform other drivers that there are ppl out there wanting a story so be careful of what you say n do.

·
Registered
531 Posts
As much as I dont believe in transporting rude and ignorant pax but I also dont agree with the behavoiur of my Uber driver colleague above. Remember they are general public but you are a "professional". (Well atleast I believe I am LOL)

You surely have the right to cancel the trip and refuse to drive further if it gets as bad as the video above. But rather than losing your patience and going down to their low levels you might as well just tell them to get out, finish trip, report to Uber and move on to the next customer with a smile. There is always another job round the next corner then why let the situation get as bad as this? Apologies if you dont like any of the above. Dont abuse me yeah. ;)

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As much as I dont believe in transporting rude and ignorant pax but I also dont agree with the behavoiur of my Uber driver colleague above. Remember they are general public but you are a "professional". (Well atleast I believe I am LOL)

You surely have the right to cancel the trip and refuse to drive further if it gets as bad as the video above. But rather than losing your patience and going down to their low levels you might as well just tell them to get out, finish trip, report to Uber and move on to the next customer with a smile. There is always another job round the next corner then why let the situation get as bad as this? Apologies if you dont like any of the above. Dont abuse me yeah. ;)
In any job if you lose your cool, your the fool.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts