Uber Drivers Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Good point. I just had a Dodge Grand Caravan totalled on me, 2009 with 165K , got a check for $5200. The best car I could find was a 2013 Honda Odyssey with 210K for 8K. Fortunately it came with brand new tires and brakes and runs great so I will hopefully get it to 300K and I've averaged a grand a weekend since I got it a month ago. It was right at the edge of what I was willing to spend, cheap around here is a 2015 with 160K miles for $15K., a large investment for this line of work.
How do they even pass inspection? In my market vehicle has to have less than 150k miles.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
If you gotta pay, at least play in style.

Loving my new Sienna Hybrid.

Max MPG and butts per seat for an XL eligible vehicle.

No regrets.

But I am a cherry pickin' part timer.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
I bought a CERTIFIED PRE OWNED 4.5 year old FULL SIZED car over 200 inches long with a Manufacturer CPO WARRANTY with 66,000 miles with 6 seat belts in January 2009 for $7,300. Doing the same today would at least $18,000-$20,000 if you're lucky.
Car or mini van? How does a car have 6 seat belts?

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Car or mini van? How does a car have 6 seat belts?
Base Model 2004 Impala with 66,000 miles and with Front Bench Seat bought in January 2009 for $7,300. You lift up the center console and it creates a center seat for a child or small adult with a center lap belt. A comparable Base Model 2016 Impala only has 5 seat belts though and even the cheapest Certified Pre Owned one with 66,000 miles is pushing $20,000 or more.
These are the front seats(not my car) but the same as mine.

·
Premium Member
23,729 Posts

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Even though you think your "Neanderthal genetics" also give you immunity from HIV they don't against the clap or crabs so wrap that thing up if you're hitting any hookers.

View attachment 615750
Don't believe everything I say. I got a woman. She's same as me from same country. I'm only getting away cuz Murderopolis was too boring. I also go to Dominican republic sometimes

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Please do not buy a nice car to use for Uber and Lyft. I feel sorry for people who have bought new over priced cars in the last year. You'll say you got a good deal but you can't lie against the chip shortage. .30 cents per mile deserves 2006 honda civic or some kind of 10 - 15 year old cars

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
To get the same model and mileage of the car I bought last year is now 10K more expensive! There's no way in hell anyone could pay that off at Uber's sh*t rates. With expensive gas too, Dara's expectation that the streets be flooded with ants once again could be in serious jeopardy.

If I got $10K more for my ride than it was worth a year ago, I'd have a car worth $10,700, LOL.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
FLOOD DAMAGED CARS ARE COMING.

THEY CAN WIND UP ANYWHERE !

View attachment 615379
This reminds me of the time I went to get some personal effects from my car that had flooded in Katrina. There was this ginormous clearing in the Mississippi woods where all the flooded cars had been towed to.

The US DOT is pretty strict on folks buying a waterlogged car and selling it without disclosure. As for Ida, there weren't that many folks that got flooded, maybe 2K, as opposed to 600K in Katrina.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Lol the 1.5l ecoboost die quick? Well i read some bad reports about them but not all are like that. I paid it off using settlement money and I still got $6k left in cash in my account from settlement, money I'll be using some of that for my upcoming Santo Domingo and Tijuana tourism to have fun (wink).
Just don't forget to take the sock out of your pants when you come back, unlike Big Dave from this movie:

41 - 58 of 58 Posts