Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

The Forum of Self Hate.

6K views 139 replies 29 participants last post by  234731 
#1 ·
This is the only forum I know where the people in the business demean others for being in the business. “Ants will do the work”. What does that mean? That people who are almost as stupid as you will do the work? Seriously, I think the whole driving labor force has PTSD.

#8 · (Edited)
“Ants will do the work”. What does that mean?
Ants booked time (active hours) is nearly 100% of off-book time (in-active)

Ant example will do all trips, No cherry-Pick
An Ant will do a $3 to $6 trip
4 to 6 miles to pickup
4 to 6 miles to dropoff
totals miles 8 to 12
an ant will do this trip even if it takes 20+ mins
===================================

i will do a $4.80 to $6 trip if - example
fare needs to = more than miles
0.1 to 3 miles to pickup
0.1 to 3 miles to dropoff
totals miles 0.2 to 6
if it takes 10 mins or less to do (15 mins max if a slow day or hour(s) of a good day)

MY booked time (active hours) is a lot less than my off-book time (in-active)
LYFT AND UBER
$60 per hour active time
Font Screenshot Darkness Terrestrial plant Circle

Font Screenshot Electric blue Darkness Number

#11 ·
you are hating right now, you are hating the Non-Ant

#21 ·
Want to make it clear to you do not assume that because I can do comfort and lux that that's all I do, there are days when I see very few Comfort trips and maybe one or no Lux trips, but when I get the higher higher tier trips especially the Lyft luxury trips it brings up my average per hour earnings.

#41 ·
Yeah if I do 15 rides in a day, I’d be lucky if I get more than 3 Comfort rides.

Also, my Comfort reservations seem to come in spurts. I’ll get none for like a week or two then suddenly it’s all I am getting, as if I have exclusivity to the ones in my area for a short stretch or something. Tomorrow, after not getting any for at least two or three weeks, I all of a sudden have four lined up.

And when I get them during those brief stretches, I stop getting the regular X reservations. Even the pings start seeing more Comfort frequency.

In fact, I just ended my night with a $50 40 minute trip from the airport to my neighborhood, and got a $20 tip. I sure wish all nights could end this way.

#24 ·
@Sean112
And think about this, what is most taxi drivers doing by default, they're sitting and waiting for a trip a lot of sitting and waiting for a trip, what am I doing on my own (my own default) sitting and watching crap trips go by until I get one that I think is profitable.

#34 · (Edited)
As an ex taxi driver, ex Medical Transport driver, ex limo driver, I am used to sitting and waiting for an assignment, so my mindset with Uber and Lyft is the same I sit and wait for a profitable trip, I don't care if I sit in the car for 50 hours and my active time is only 20 for 30 hours, I don't see the point of continuing to work and put wear and tear and mileage on my car just to make maybe a few extra hundred per week, I intend to keep my car in good condition so when I sell it in a few years it's still a decent Transportation car I don't intend to run the wheels off of it like is said on this site,

In my mindset my car is what’s earning the money I am guess it's driver, my job is to make sure my car earns the most amount of money per active hour/per active mile,

Depending on how busy are non-busy it is and the traffic conditions, I use one of two mindsets when I am working,

1. Pay per hour earnings, this rule is mostly used for longer trips,
I don't care what the mileage of the trip as long as my car is earning 40 plus per hour and I am dropping off in a busy City

2. Pay per mile earnings, this rule is mostly used for shorter trips,
short trips those ones that come in for under $10 especially the ones that are like $5 to $7, short trips need to be able to be completed within 10 minutes 15 minutes max if it's a slow day or slow hour of the day, if the trip is closer to the $10 range I will allow it a few more minutes, the total mileage to complete the trip can't be greater than the fare,

So think of it like a sliding scale, one end of the scale is pay per mileage based, the other end of the scale is pay for time based, so I adjust that scale as needed.

The $40 plus obviously will not work in every market and will not work at all times of day, I will be honest and sometimes I have to adjust it down to as little as 25 per hour but most mornings in the Inland Empire weekday mornings, $40 plus per hour is doable

#38 ·
As an ex taxi driver, ex Medical Transport driver, ex limo driver, I am used to sitting and waiting for an assignment, so my mindset with Uber and Lyft is the same I sit and wait for a profitable trip,
That's the way I play poker too.
I will sit and fold hole cards for HOURS.
I have sat and paid blinds all the way to the end, because I never got a good enough hand to play. It's called getting "blinded out" and some at the table thought I was crazy ... but, they're not the first.
I sat and folded one time so many times that another player asked me "you gonna play cards or be a puzzy?" I told him I was playing poker, and he could play all the cards he wanted. He was out of the tourney long before I was.
There are three major 'skills' sets in poker - that are directly transferrable to life in general.
Skill, luck, and patience.

Patience is the hardest to master.
Don't play a bad hand just because you're bored of folding.
Wait for a decent hand.

#47 ·
Your observation is accurate. The average self-esteem of the membership is low. There are sock accounts in spades. Many ex taxi drivers. That should tell you something. The primary purpose to all the whining, complaining, denigrating and mocking is to reduce competition in the marketplace. Members like this comment merely to discourage would be competitors from entering or remaining in the gig driving labor pool so that they can have more work at higher pay rates for themselves.

This post has been deleted
#59 · (Edited)
cab drivers do no care about 10+ mile away rides going less than 2 miles (90+% of requests)or .60 a mile super scabs lmao
I wish I had a Time machine, so I could bring you back to the year 2000 to 2012, and have Riverside Inland Empire taxi hire you as a driver or let me make that clear let you lease a taxi at $500 a week plus gas and then you will find out real quick that a lot of the trips you did as cash are crap, like being told by your dispatcher to go from Downtown Riverside to Moreno Valley to pick up a fare only to find out that they're going to their local 7-Eleven or liquor store for a pack of cigarettes total fare about five bucks, are sitting downtown Riverside near the public bus station and the Greyhound station is across the street and all you're getting all day long is people walking up to your car going one or two miles down the street into the local neighborhood about $4 to $7 a few of the fares didn't even make it to $4 and many of them did not tip, there was one old dude who would request a taxi every night, if there was a few of us sitting downtown Riverside we would actually talk among ourselves of who's going to go get him, some dispatchers would let us keep our position to go service him, his fare was less than $4 and he counted his fare out in change, he actually tell us I don't pay
anymore or anyless, one night I had to wait about 3 or 4 minutes for him to count out change I finally told him the trip was free he told me I pay for my fare not a penny more not a penny less, go live in my taxi world for a few months then come back and cry more about rideshare,

Did I do well driving Taxi, most weeks I did, but most of it from my own advertising efforts are the account trips that were given to me, rarely from cash paying customers from dispatch.

#56 ·
Hate will always be here. use butter to let it never stick to you or sunblock , to block the hate. alway's find a way to make it work if you can. if you cannot. seek another job. many still can.
and dont give a rat's ass what other's think here.
those crumbs know who they are.
maybe do food. maybe work 40 hours and another job as an uber.
as it get harder to find ways to beat these guys, beat i mean earn a fare living...was on youtube watching dave ramsy...the guy is now telling guys in bad debt to to eat's dash''g.h...
is this guy nuts...
so i love you all. may the new year be the best foe all. even ABDC..

#95 ·
Hate will always be here. use butter to let it never stick to you or sunblock , to block the hate. alway's find a way to make it work if you can. if you cannot. seek another job. many still can.
and dont give a rat's ass what other's think here.
those crumbs know who they are.
maybe do food. maybe work 40 hours and another job as an uber.
as it get harder to find ways to beat these guys, beat i mean earn a fare living...was on youtube watching dave ramsy...the guy is now telling guys in bad debt to to eat's dash''g.h...
is this guy nuts...
so i love you all. may the new year be the best foe all. even ABDC..
Could of not have said it any better. Kudos to your wisdom and understanding of this gig economy.

#67 ·
It doesn't work -- they keep returning to scream into the void more each week. At the best, it's just bandaids and no meaningful change or resolution.
how do you know it doesn't work?

Are you in these people's head?

Are you registering the level of anxiety, hate, or even despair prior and post of said comments?

Do you even provide a chance to exit poll one after a post?

What's your qualifications to say that a person does not feel better or improve oneself emotionally on the inside after complaining?

So with what you have said, yourself never feels any better or any relief after complaining or voicing your discern about something in the world, ever. Which I find hard to believe.

#94 ·
I worked for a Limo service a few years back. Theoretically i should have been able to make more money than Uber. It was all upscale and corporate jobs. But the dispatchers doled out the jobs in very disadvantageous ways to most drivers. We'd only get two or three trips a day. We'd wait around for long stretches otherwise. And they would treat us like dogs. The dispatchers were the petty kings to mete out the work to the lowly drivers. And we'd have to show up at a regular time, an hour drive away, in a bad area, just like a regular job, unpaid. As bad as rideshare is, at least we avoid the personal control and yes, bad working conditions of limo/cab businesses.

#102 ·
I'm not in the business, but paid all my bills when Uber first launched in Charlotte, NC.. I graduated and bought a trucking company and some software stuff and never looked back... Oh... I drove for Yellow Cab before Uber...

Translation: I paid all my bills off Uber when Uber was way harder to net off of, and all while in a very bad suburban-rural market...

Most angry people here either can't net/profit or think you're supposed to net a middle class living outside of a tourist trap... Then, if you know what you're talking about the boring grind info is too boring and ignored for fake hype and anger by desperate f-ups coming in to gig work as a last-resort...... If you're here for anything more than infrequent insights from active workers in your market then you're wasting your time... They can't describe grinding to make a 'nut' cause they can't/don't....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.