Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the last week of federal unemployment benefits for four states.

This week: Alaska, Iowa, Mississippi, and Missouri.

Next week: Alabama, Idaho, Indiana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

"The long-term unemployed, as well as freelancers, could lose coverage entirely. And President Joe Biden recently indicated that he doesn't plan to extend those benefits beyond the Sept. 6 date in other states."

"Still, Biden has emphasized that the unemployment benefits will end in September as planned, despite momentum among some of his party's members to make the extra money permanent.
'It’s going to expire in 90 days,' Biden said on Friday. 'That makes sens
e.'"




599770
 
  • Like
Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
546 Posts
Uber and Lyft are probably gonna be the only ones not complaining about labor shortages after the cutoffs.
That will also likely skew the unemployment numbers and make the right look bad for pulling benefits.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,335 Posts
Washington State has ended the job search moratorium. Starting July 5.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Moderator
Joined
·
6,098 Posts
What you mean people will have to go back to work? Oh the horror. The day someone is born they should start getting $600 a week from the government. We are entitled to it. We weren't asked to be born it was forced upon us. We deserve to be paid and not have to work.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
59,622 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Why?
Did you think it was gonna last forever?
It didn't even last more than four or five years in Venezuela before they were bankrupt.

Are you immunized? So, it's safe to go back to work, eh?

.
I'm sure he was hoping for that. 94% of the eligible workforce is already employed. And I doubt the remaining 6% of unemployable dogshit out there can hope for anything decent at this point.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
546 Posts
What you mean people will have to go back to work? Oh the horror. The day someone is born they should start getting $600 a week from the government. We are entitled to it. We weren't asked to be born it was forced upon us. We deserve to be paid and not have to work.
It’s about time somebody said it. Don’t forget free healthcare and food stamps too though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,714 Posts
Don’t forget free healthcare and food stamps too though.
we should get maids, drivers and not have to pay taxes. <sigh>
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Four down, forty-six to go.

Up this week: Alabama, Idaho, Indiana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, West Virginia, Wyoming
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,335 Posts
I made a million dollars this month.


OH! I am building a castle too.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top