Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so realizing they could not keep up luring new drivers with false earning claims the Uber job advertisement earnings claims have generally trended downward, from "Earn $1,900 a week"! in the beginning of UberX in the DC market to "earn $1,500 a week" a few months into it, then more lately, "earn $1,200 a week"!

Now, on Indeed jobs board they are saying you can "make up to $19+/hour in fares" driving full time as an independent contractor!:
https://get.uber.com/cl/scr/?sr=&cy...sportation_driver&utm_term=paid&rx_medium=cpc

Also on the Indeed board, Lyft is still claiming drivers can earn $1,500 a week - LOL!

Now here's a new proposition as a carry out delivery driver to make $25/hour -- I wonder if that includes TIPS!: https://www.trycaviar.com/apply

I'm going to try the Caviar App, to see how it works and talk to one of their delivery people....

·
Premium Member
4,905 Posts
On CL, many cities now claim in recent months that Uber drivers can only make UP TO $699, $798, $849 weekly and such..IN FARES. We all know what "in fares implies," but the naive public doesn't understahd that's before fees and other costs.

That $849 sounds SO official and honest.
Hmmm...

But I sense those figures will rise dramatically in September, though, but more competition will be driving to counteract some of the increased business.

And Lyft still seems to always tout up to $1,575 plus tips, in most ads.

·
Registered
508 Posts
On CL, many cities now claim in recent months that Uber drivers can only make UP TO $699, $798, $849 weekly and such..IN FARES. We all know what "in fares implies," but the naive public doesn't understahd that's before fees and other costs.

That $849 sounds SO official and honest.
Hmmm...

But I sense those figures will rise dramatically in September, though, but more competition will be driving to counteract some of the increased business.

And Lyft still seems to always tout up to $1,575 plus tips, in most ads.
The holidays shall be grand.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Now here's a new proposition as a carry out delivery driver to make $25/hour -- I wonder if that includes TIPS!: https://www.trycaviar.com/apply

I'm going to try the Caviar App, to see how it works and talk to one of their delivery people....
does that include finding parking, order the food, driving,finding parking again, and delivering the food to customer?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Lyft might pay more, but i can only pick up Lyft PAX in DC. So if i drive only for Lyft and Lyft PAX takes me to Fairfax County or PG county, then im ****ed.

Uber might be ****ing you in the ass with low rates, but at least i can pick up PAX anywhere in DMV area.

·
Registered
69 Posts
But nowadays 200$ is like haven for to make it looks like every second car is uber drive ,lyft,sidecar,split ,GW ride plus economy is *** up in Georgetown 2 of my friends own business and they not making. Any money did you pay attention that so many stores shut down since 2013 one of them by cup cake )the re was bar the busiest one gtown)))

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
on the radio i heard $200 to $500 a day. i almost spat my coffee out. no wonder the streets are flooded with everyone trying to drive. i give them two weeks and dealing with pax and ratings to quit
$500.00 a day is almost impossible at current UberX rates and levels of driver saturation. I have a hard time making $150.00 a day and to do that I must drive almost 200 miles AND go into DC.

·
Registered
602 Posts
on the radio i heard $200 to $500 a day. i almost spat my coffee out. no wonder the streets are flooded with everyone trying to drive. i give them two weeks and dealing with pax and ratings to quit
Your being way too generous with the
"Wake up and smell the coffee" time span. I lasted 6 days.

·
Registered
569 Posts
$500.00 a day is almost impossible at current UberX rates and levels of driver saturation. I have a hard time making $150.00 a day and to do that I must drive almost 200 miles AND go into DC.
You are joking about the 200 miles, right? You would probably be better off simply staying at home if it takes that many miles to make $150. How many hours and when do you drive?

·
Premium Member
5,437 Posts
You made less than $50 after IRS deductions. Just stating facts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts