Uber Drivers Forum banner

The easiest way to do plate transfer

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  jaybx17 
#1 ·
What is it? Can dealerships do plate transfers when buying a new car? Has anyone do it trough dealership? How long did it take and what are the requirements/procedures?

#5 ·
Let's say you're trading your car for a new one. You take your car with its TLC plates to the dealer and they transfer plates from your old car to the new one and then you drive away with a new car and your TLC plates on it. Is that possible or not? Because someone said it's possible but I never heard about anyone that done it.
Your insurance broker can do it for small fee.
Can you explain steps how exactly it can be done?

#9 ·
[/QUOTE]

Yes, just contact your insurance broker and ask them to help you do it. If they can't do it, try my broker. When I first joined this job a few years ago, my broker helped me do almost everything from A-Z for some small fee. I didn't even need to go to DMV. They took care everything. Saved me from tons of headache.

#10 ·
Yes, just contact your insurance broker and ask them to help you do it. If they can't do it, try my broker. When I first joined this job a few years ago, my broker helped me do almost everything from A-Z for some small fee. I didn't even need to go to DMV. They took care everything. Saved me from tons of headache.
[/QUOTE]
You're talking about an experience from a few years ago (pre covid era). It's different now because you can't even walk in DMV. It's by appointments now and they are like 1 month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.