Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey road warriors,

I know I don't have much credibility here if any, but thought I would use this community in a constructive way as witnessed by many of you who grind on a daily basis to pay bills, fund a dream, pay for a new vacation or whatever that is your pleasure. The purpose of this thread is to engage us drivers new and veterans alike to share information on events, news etc. Not looking for you to share trade secrets or strategies, but to assist in the collaboration for the betterment of this dying breed of ride-share population in hopes we all can grind out a little more each week, month and year.

As mentioned in my 1st ever post I have been pounding the pavement for over a year now after leaving my prior career of 15 years.

Started in Sept 2015
Vehicle 2013 Cadillac SRX Now: 2016 KIA
Co: Lyft/UberX
Hours: 6-10am-4pm 10pm Mon,Tue,Wed,Thur 6am-10am-4pm-230am Fri 4pm-230am Sat

Did not qualify for Plus or XL due to the 6th seat?

I decided this year to forgo using my Caddy and purchased a 2016 Kia for this business after realizing I was just not being compensated for the type of vehicle I was using, not to mention the wear and tear. Now I am beginning to wonder if I should go back and get a XL/Plus type of vehicle.

Today: 6/27/16

Up and adam at 5am, depart from my house here in Redondo beach about 545am and get pinged from a UberX pax 5 min away for a trip to Fife (ughh) considering I am wanting to head North for the commute rush and PT w/ lyft 7-9am (seeing if I can hit a bonus this week?). I drop off the pax knowing I am most likely will be flintstoning back north making 0$ til at least Seatac/W Seattle. After a a net $21.06 for 21min 14.6 mile ride I am stuck in shi!t traffic I manage to get downtown and lose connection as if I am in the middle of Mozul. After 45 min of BS and never ending traffic I manage 3 Lyft rides w/ one of them taking me to Seatac (Line) for a $20.68 net ride not including a potential tip. Quit went home at 930am......Days loot $56.92 for 3.5 hours of debauchery. Will have to hustle rest of the weekday to get my loot and certainly Fri & Sat fun.

When I had been using my Cadillac it seemed that I received airport pickups more frequently but now never get 1 damn request, maybe its the car I don't know but it seemed I did better in general before I bought this KIA. Really thinking about XL/PLus more than ever....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks boss berserk42 for the insight. I will do some research and make a decision. Glad u enjoyed my rant, I will be posting my bad and good days for all to see, nothing held back, 100% transparency.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
6/28/16

Got a little late start today due to brexit, but nonetheless made my way out the door at about 6am. Kept the apps off til Seatac to avoid the dreaded Fife pax. Wasn't too bad today, managed to get a W Seattle fare to downtown for a few bucks on my way to the fishing grounds. Didn't see much action for the Surge monster in the am as I was predominantly focused on the LYFT bonus this week. Managed 9 rides just at 952am. Called it a day for the am grind. Nothing unusual, pretty calm, no hacks all really good folks. No airport hustles....

Loot for the day: $83.44 after Lyft's haircut
630am-10am
Be back at it for the PM 3-9 grind...

Update: My line passenger to Seatac yesterday prior to me calling it quits tipped me $5.00, god bless her......$61.92 6/27/16 am grind.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I like this thread :)
I have taken this week off after driving all 7 days last week and will return Friday evening through Sunday.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like this thread :)
I have taken this week off after driving all 7 days last week and will return Friday evening through Sunday.
Well deserved ND379..!

I have taken a few days myself due to family coming in town to celebrate the coming festivities. I will be back at it sporadically over the weekend and certainly no rubber in tow on the 4th. Regular reporting shortly. Have a great and safe 4th warriors!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
7/1/16

With the Fam in town and festivities approaching had to tone down my expectations of making any real loot. Got out today around 945am and briskly made my way thru Uber Alley and NO pings. Matter of fact NO pingage til DT. Pulled 10 rides for the day ending my afternoon at 415pm. Took a nice long lunch over off 45th ave for about an hour at a Pho joint, not bad...No rice tho? Anyhow, had good passengers a few that smelled like wet dog (young kids still figuring out hygiene or how to wash clothes). A lovely couple from LA heading to Alaska via Celebrity Solstice, Tipped me $10.00, God bless them....! All in all not a bad day considering the time I chose to mash around town. No PM driving tonight :(

Days loot: $113.22
10am-415pm
Aiport Hustles-1

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
7/2/16

Today was a good day, walked out about 930am and was immediately pinged for a ride to W Seattle from a kid & his skateboard. Great way to start the morning as I usually wont get a pax from down south to the fishing grounds. Putted around town there for some small fares and decided to hit the pavement to DT. Again some local skirmishes, made my way north and again it seemed like short rides. I was beginning to lose my patience as the Surge monster was nowhere to be found either. Then as luck would have it I get a couple heading to Chateau St. Michele for a nice trip to make up some lack in loot despite the potential for dead miles. Now the rideshare gods seemed to be looking down upon me as I left I was pinged for a ride from a couple of fellows heading to Elliott's removing the dreadful flintstoning ride with no pax back to Seattle. All in all, was a good short day..... Look forward to getting back to normal next week. No PM driving this evening :(

Days Loot: $116.48
930am-2pm
Airport Hustles-0

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am baaaack, after a very long vacation and taking care of some business matters the rubber is ready to hit the road. Good to see the usual suspects still going strong. Hope all is well with you warriors and look forward to exchanging stories soon.:D

·
Premium Member
3,033 Posts
When I had been using my Cadillac it seemed that I received airport pickups more frequently but now never get 1 damn request, maybe its the car I don't know but it seemed I did better in general before I bought this KIA. Really thinking about XL/PLus more than ever....
Hi there,
Just in case this is bothering you, the airport pickups aren't at all because of the car choice. It's because the system method changed when the Port of Seattle opened up legal Uber/Lyft airport pickups, and now drivers are stacking up at the airport waiting in a queue to be selected. FWIW. Wait times vary, reports say sometimes it's up to two hours for an airport run. I just stay away from that lack of activity.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts