Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2.4x in Del Mar to Mission Beach. Guy and girl get in who just met. They're chit chatting about and get to talking about age. She's 40 and he's bit longer in the tooth. She's talking about pets and stupid things to which it was immediately obvious Silver Fox had no interest in. He makes a move, she continues talking, moves in, talking, moves in, talking. Crap! She's talking about cats (that she doesn't have)... eventually we arrive at the Silver Fox's abode and invites her in to check out his pool, etc. She's too "tired" and wants to go back to her place - We move on to her place and at the last second she says, "You can check out my place if you like" - Thumbed up as I said good night. Almost thought he struck out.

On en route to next pax. Sweep the back seat.... SHIT - cell phone in seat. He's going to have to wait. Door pocket it and keep moving.

I end up in Del Mar again before I get the call. "I left a phone in your car" "Yeah, the Galaxy" "I have $100 with your name on it if you can bring that back" "no worries, I'm picking up my next passenger. I'll head down when that's done. I don't know where they're going yet so I can't give you an ETA"

Naturally, I end up in Oceanside. I've now got 40 minutes of dead head.... but all the surge is gone north of the 56 anyway, so NBD.

Arrive in MB to two (further) discheveled cohorts. Give the phone back. He hands me a crisp $100 and asks if I can take him back to his place 1 mile away. No prob! He proceeds to tell me how everything that night worked out perfectly and he had a ton of 'fun' and he's glad I got there when I did as he needed to bounce before her BF came back..........

He then asked me how much for the 1 mile ride. No charge. =D

I had a $400 Friday in 8 hours.

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Cool story! Null, thanks for sharing your expirences as a full time lease driver. I see soooo many fUber lease cars out here but only a few of you guys are here on the forum posting your expirences.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I got a late start, was at the track. Took first ride outta DMTC at 5:45 2.6x long, went back to the track hit another long 2.8x I was up $110 in my first 2 rides. got jammed with requests at that drop declined like 3 1x rides before they forced me with one. whatever, $10 and went back north. didn't go further south than la jolla the rest of the night took all surge rides. netted $250 in 6 hours online. L'Auberge was going off, but major data issues anywhere around the plaza as usual. You gotta perch high and swoop in when the red tide rises. got a 3.2x to LJ and a bunch of +2x. netted $40 per hour online. Typical numbers for me but a nice boost after a crappy june. Drive less to make more. All the dooshes out there taking 1x shorties will flame out soon.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool story! Null, thanks for sharing your expirences as a full time lease driver. I see soooo many fUber lease cars out here but only a few of you guys are here on the forum posting your expirences.
The xchange lease itself is unremarkable IMO. You have revenues, costs and profits (who are treated very favorably by the IRS).

I drive enough that the xchange lease is almost free. 1k-1200/mi week = ~$600/wk I get to write off. I would be in the 20% tax bracket for this year without the write offs. So $120/wk is basically subsidized by the fed. My xchange payments are $140/wk. So I pay $20/wk OOP for my xchange lease, before gas and other expenses. All the while I can leave ubering at any time and not absorb the depreciation hit liquidating the asset.

Not to mention Uber's eating ~$100/mo doing the tire rotations and oil changes on their dime (I sign the dealer invoices). So with this considered; I have almost a car with free fixed costs.

I could do BETTER by not having the lease and running a cheaper car, but for a car that I generate income with I'm willing to cap my profitability in trade for more predictable costs and less risk of down time which is extremely expensive.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got a 2.4x in Del Mar to Mission Beach. Guy and girl get in who just met. They're chit chatting about and get to talking about age. She's 40 and he's bit longer in the tooth. She's talking about pets and stupid things to which it was immediately obvious Silver Fox had no interest in. He makes a move, she continues talking, moves in, talking, moves in, talking. Crap! She's talking about cats (that she doesn't have)... eventually we arrive at the Silver Fox's abode and invites her in to check out his pool, etc. She's too "tired" and wants to go back to her place - We move on to her place and at the last second she says, "You can check out my place if you like" - Thumbed up as I said good night. Almost thought he struck out.

On en route to next pax. Sweep the back seat.... SHIT - cell phone in seat. He's going to have to wait. Door pocket it and keep moving.

I end up in Del Mar again before I get the call. "I left a phone in your car" "Yeah, the Galaxy" "I have $100 with your name on it if you can bring that back" "no worries, I'm picking up my next passenger. I'll head down when that's done. I don't know where they're going yet so I can't give you an ETA"

Naturally, I end up in Oceanside. I've now got 40 minutes of dead head.... but all the surge is gone north of the 56 anyway, so NBD.

Arrive in MB to two (further) discheveled cohorts. Give the phone back. He hands me a crisp $100 and asks if I can take him back to his place 1 mile away. No prob! He proceeds to tell me how everything that night worked out perfectly and he had a ton of 'fun' and he's glad I got there when I did as he needed to bounce before her BF came back..........

He then asked me how much for the 1 mile ride. No charge. =D

I had a $400 Friday in 8 hours.
G. How cute............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts