Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water Cloud Sky Bottle Liquid

Last week was exceptionally Meh for me and it got worse as the week went on. I decided to take a couple of weeks off from RS as I have lots of other things to do in the meantime.

Talking with some of my homies, its a real mixed bag out there. Today sounds like it was a washout with 0 reports of success.

What say Yee oh great pontificators of Phuffery?

Did you die from a few beers?

Banned
Pence has everything under control:

Hopefully things will be back to normal, soon.

Face Product Bottle Vision care Gesture

Premium Member
Monday, in four hours, I had 4 rides and grossed $32.馃槼

Tuesday, in 6 hours, I had 14 rides and grossed just under $200.馃ぃ

Almost every passenger asked me how it was going and was working from home. I think I emphasized the plight of a Seattle rideshare driver right now and that resulted in some generous tips.

I guess I鈥檒l take my sob-story on the road again tomorrow and see how it goes.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went out to drive today. Really slow out there, and more importantly most of the organized good rides are indeed missing. This is leaving rides of locals to and from stores and shhit as a majority of rides I am seeing. Still lots of ants and dramatically fewer rides available.

Seems like things are going to be pretty tough for the next month.

I have decided to shelve RS for the next three weeks so y'all can have my good rides if you can find them.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Water Cloud Sky Bottle Liquid
The rideshare tombstone

Inslee just closed all k-12 schools in the tri county area for the next six weeks till April 27

Looks like summer school is in session boys and girls!

Going to be some sad Super Seniors.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Canlis just stopped dining room service! Going to a drive through format for this to keep open

I could go for some drive through Canlis!!!!!!!

Premium Member
I have to admit, I'm enjoying this new challenge of being fluid to a new dynamic of how the city is moving around.

My one fishing hole has also become a great visual of entertainment...watching desperate drivers is comical.

Premium Member
Canlis just stopped dining room service! Going to a drive through format for this to keep open

I could go for some drive through Canlis!!!!!!!
Never had it. I've heard it's really good, but very expensive. Most people I've picked up from there had someone footing the bill.

Premium Member
Well this was officially my longest ride ever and best paid ride ever before tip...

It was a deck hand on a research vessel. I almost got a ride back to SeaTac with her shipmates that were leaving the boat for shore leave. Unfortunately Carla (transportation coordinator) had already booked them on a shuttle. My PAX even called Carla to ask her to cancel but it non-refundable. *SHRUG*

Side question I know we get reimbursed (sometimes) for tolls but what about ferrys? Originally Uber routed me on the ferry route (or they thought my car was amphibious).
2020-03-13 13.47.32.png
2020-03-13 16.10.47.png

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well this was officially my longest ride ever and best paid ride ever before tip...

It was a deck hand on a research vessel. I almost got a ride back to SeaTac with her shipmates that were leaving the boat for shore leave. Unfortunately Carla (transportation coordinator) had already booked them on a shuttle. My PAX even called Carla to ask her to cancel but it non-refundable. *SHRUG*

Side question I know we get reimbursed (sometimes) for tolls but what about ferrys? Originally Uber routed me on the ferry route (or they thought my car was amphibious).
View attachment 430062 View attachment 430063
That is not a great fare, Even if you could pick up there ( which you can't) the chances of a return fare are slim. I know times are tough right now and a $187 fare is a solid fare, you spent ? 5 hours?? And 242 miles is .77 per mile OR more palatable 37 $ per hour.

You could have and should have asked for 60 mile + fee for a return fee. 1.11 X 63 is $69.93.

I would charge $75 extra for that trip.

BUT Congratulations probably made your day.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.