Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
WOW! Baltimore riders are good to you, plus, you get 35 cents per mile MORE than Tampa. Why not stay there, earn more, save expense of moving, and apply to Johns Hopkins, UM-Baltimore, Coppin State, Morgan State, Bowie State, or other nearby state schools to save tuition costs?
Anyway, do you get many rides from Rosedale and the docks? I have Longshoremen friends there who do not drive and take taxis everywhere, even to Philadelphia. I tried to help a wife teach one of them to use an UBER APP. We failed; and, she's a Master Teacher! (But, he makes a lot more money than she does and often works only 3-days per week! Forget grad school; become a stevedore! :)
Unfortunately, none of ther riders that actually tip me are from Baltimore. I work Saturday and Sunday early mornings so most of my riders are from other places. It's too expensive up here to go to UM or Johns Hopkins like literally the in-state tution equals the out of state that I would pay down south. Yeah I used to work as a valet parking attendant for a couple of months and met a lot of people who do not use uber even though they do have smartphones and everything. The only reason I have to continue is that I spent too many years going to school until I got my bachelor's in IT, so two more years ain't gonna hurt and Im sure it will pay back in the near future. I did work as stevedore fo a while when I was in Saudi Arabia back in 2013.

WOW! Baltimore riders are good to you, plus, you get 35 cents per mile MORE than Tampa. Why not stay there, earn more, save expense of moving, and apply to Johns Hopkins, UM-Baltimore, Coppin State, Morgan State, Bowie State, or other nearby state schools to save tuition costs?
Anyway, do you get many rides from Rosedale and the docks? I have Longshoremen friends there who do not drive and take taxis everywhere, even to Philadelphia. I tried to help a wife teach one of them to use an UBER APP. We failed; and, she's a Master Teacher! (But, he makes a lot more money than she does and often works only 3-days per week! Forget grad school; become a stevedore! :)
I don't like doing Rosedale area as it is so close from east Baltimore and bad areas. I did some pickups from there but it didn't go well.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.