Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who don't already know this, I bring good news!

Now that they have finished the road improvements outside the station, it's much better for Rideshare pickups and drop offs.

If you approach along Townsend from 5th St, they have one long white zone, broken into 4 Lettered areas, A-D, with A being closest to the building entrance. They have a separate zone for Taxis only close to the corner with 4th St.

If you approach SB on 4th St, they have given us curb space in Zone E in front of the main entrance. If you are approaching on Townsend from 2nd St, be sure to turn left on 4th St to use Zone E, as there is no legal drop off spot on the north side, same as before.
DFF809AA-7EF2-4678-BFBF-553A4A2DCECC.jpeg

·
Registered
76 Posts
I still see cars with uber/lyft stickers pulled into the taxi zone and pick up, drop off even though they can stop at the ride share loading zone. Sooner or later, the sfmta guy with a black jacket will stand there and start taking photos for the tickets.

8,663 Posts
That's great , I like how all those places including SFO , Levi's , the new convention center have adapted to ride share by having large zones only for us
The location of Levi's is a private property lot that Uber and Lyft pay for. It has nothing to do with the city or county

And it took the city 6+ years and all of those tickets could have been avoided.
The tickets could've been avoided if the drivers were smart enough not to stop and the bus zone or taxi zone

For those of you who don't already know this, I bring good news!

Now that they have finished the road improvements outside the station, it's much better for Rideshare pickups and drop offs.

If you approach along Townsend from 5th St, they have one long white zone, broken into 4 Lettered areas, A-D, with A being closest to the building entrance. They have a separate zone for Taxis only close to the corner with 4th St.

If you approach SB on 4th St, they have given us curb space in Zone E in front of the main entrance. If you are approaching on Townsend from 2nd St, be sure to turn left on 4th St to use Zone E, as there is no legal drop off spot on the north side, same as before. View attachment 427255
How much are you willing to bet that the Uber's will still stop at the taxi zone

That's great , I like how all those places including SFO , Levi's , the new convention center have adapted to ride share by having large zones only for us
also please explain to me why the Uber's are still getting tickets at SFO with a drop off or pick up on the curb international terminal. Is generally a lack of intelligence

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
also please explain to me why the Uber's are still getting tickets at SFO with a drop off or pick up on the curb international terminal. Is generally a lack of intelligence
Same reason why people still wait the last second to merge into Terminal 3 entry- ignorance .

I have been doing this for 3.5 years and so far have gotten zero tickets at SFO or any other airport .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.